Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Greetings All. I am working to finish a Road Kings i acquired and nearly have the game at 100%. My last two issues are 1) the lower jet bumper the white wires attached to the very top terminal of the spoon switch have been cut. I cannot find where this wire original attached. Originally the coil was frozen and it has been replaced. 2) the center drop target once it drops the center kick out starts kicking out over and over. Bang Bang Bang. Even when the game is in attract. I believe that problem #2 is a result of a logic issue on the board. I have a new MPU for the game I can use if need be. But i don't want to hook up the lower bumper abnd not test or know its right and blow out the transistor on the new board.bb

#2 4 years ago

Ok upon looking at the schematics with my magnifying glass i figured out question 1. Its rough getting old! I have switch working!

#3 4 years ago

Problem #2 is on the playfiled. It does it after the new board is in.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

the center drop target once it drops the center kick out starts kicking out over and over.

Check the wiring on the drop target switch. The diode maybe wired in reverse or the diode maybe shorted out.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Check the wiring on the drop target switch. The diode maybe wired in reverse or the diode maybe shorted out.

Wiring to the switches appears to be correct. I changed the diode on the drop target already. Change the diode on the center eject also? When I run the switch test the game see that 30 and 38 close at the same time, but just when i close the drop.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Thanks Grumpy!

#7 4 years ago

Ok so i changed the diode on the center eject no change. I do not see any obvious short in the white blue wire it seems to be the common element in the column. Still just fires over and over when the drop target drops....

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

When I run the switch test the game see that 30 and 38 close at the same time, but just when i close the drop.

This is a problem. Does any switch show up when the drop target is up? Are you removing the balls when testing? Have you tested all of the switches? Do any switches not work?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-solenoid-and-logic-help-on-williams-road-kings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.