(Topic ID: 314642)

special programming for ball saves?

By raycasual

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

full disclosure - i'm a weak player but I own a bunch of pinballs bc I love playing...I set all my HUO pins to the longest ball save times, so my question is...

i've noticed some ball saves I most def didn't deserve on various machines I own (they're all post-2010 pins)...well past the full 15sec option I chose (and the light isn't flashing anymore). is there special programming that gives extra consideration when you choose longer ball save times? I mosdef appreciate the extra chance but I notice that my newer pins are extra generous (star wars in partic!).

pins are:
    elivra hoh prem
    stranger things prem
    batman66 prem
    avengers iq prem
    star wars pro
    tron pro

cheers yall!

#2 1 year ago

They sometimes give you more grace if you haven’t hit a switch for a few seconds and it goes down the middle.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

They sometimes give you more grace if you haven’t hit a switch for a few seconds and it goes down the middle.

very cool! that makes sense. i'll pay closer attention the next time the pinball gods give me mercy

#4 1 year ago

Most new games have grace periods for the ball save and many other shots such as getting a jackpot a few seconds after going down to 1 ball after multiball.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Most new games have grave periods for the ball save and many other shots such as getting a jackpot a few seconds after going down to 1 ball after multiball.

*grave period* try to avoid that! LOL.

And timers can be paused if in a saucer, or lock, or even (TSPP anyway) rattling around in the pops.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

*grave period* try to avoid that! LOL.
    And timers can be paused if in a saucer, or lock, or even (TSPP anyway) rattling around in the pops.

Haha sorry, *grace* period.

#7 1 year ago

It seems that some newer Sterns have some ball saves when you drain right from a scoop kick-out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-programming-for-ball-saves and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.