PXL_20230917_043941870 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230917_044240763 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230917_044229348 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230917_044146883 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926168377 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926163205 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926157501 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926149596 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 3 years ago

I just got done fixing up my brothers first pin Special Force and have it playing pretty good.the last issue I have is on start up the display alerts "BOMB B" everything seems to be working but I know that's an error code.Does anyone know what I should be looking at?

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If the switch looks fine, it could be a bad cap. Remove it and see if the problem goes away. If so, replace with a new cap.

By remove it do you mean desolder that switch then start it back up and if it doesnt show an error then it's the cap? And would it be the first b in bomb?

#260 3 years ago

Thank you I'll take a look at it wednesday when im back that way.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I love how they just jump to replacing the control board if re-gapping the switch doesn’t work. Probably should have a few more steps in between.

I'm just going to jump to contact Bally-Midway service department

#265 3 years ago

Alright I got the switch fixed(adjusted gap)and it now boots with no errors but now I'm getting random scoring from the top left pop bumber.when the skirt is depressed with hand or ball it will fire the appropriate 1 time but sometimes it scores 100 points sometimes it scores 50-60,000 points. I've adjusted the leaf switch underneath mutliple times and it seems to be the best I can get it but it's still scoring 50-60,000 somerimes but not as often.Am I missing something or do I just keep adjusting until I find that sweet spot?

#267 3 years ago

I'll have to check next week when I go back that way. I have a few other things to track down.after I left they played for a couple hours then a few "weird" things happened like extra ball going into shooter lane while ball still in play then flippers went out then came back.they turned it off and I think he said it wont start and its showing playfield fuse out which may be the fuse I saw was out(1 amp)when we got it and I replaced before ever powering on.

1 week later
#268 3 years ago

I made it over there to work some more I changed the fuse then started inspecting for anything obvious shorting it out and I found a piece of wire hanging from 1 lead of the flipper coil almost touching another lead so I clipped it and that seems to have done the trick. The other flipper had a giant gap and a missing contact pad on the leaf switch causing the flipper to give out sometimes and that is now fixed and the drop targets up the left lane were dropping to low and the ball would get stuck on a weak shot so I adjusted that. I adjusted that pop bumber some more and it seemed good then I lowered the pf and same thing it fires once then the score goes up about 75,000 while the lights on pf also react but then I raise the pf(90°) without adjusting and it works fine?!?! Then I find if I only raise the pf halfway and have it on a 45° it will score to much but only around 5,000.i fixed all i could and told him he'll just have to live with the extra points from the pop bumber for now and put the glass back on and now its scoring fine. So for now it's fixed but who knows for how long. The playfield position making a difference makes me think its a adjustment issue but I'm not seeing how the angle or gravity is changing anything.

#269 3 years ago

Well the fuse blew he replaced it and then it started doing wierd stuff and wont start a game now

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Does the machine boot up into attract mode? All balls must be accounted for in order for a game to be started, otherwise the start button simply does nothing. If this is the case perhaps a switch (or it's circuit) is malfunctioning.

He said there was no ball in the shooter lane and he would not of taken the glass off to remove a ball and forget to replace but if I show up and there's a ball in the lane I won't be surprised.i go out that way every Tuesday so I'll check into it more.

#275 3 years ago

Ok he got it working again not sure what he did or why it wasn't working.it seems it will now play for hours but eventually the 1 amp under playfield fuse will blow so hes just been replacing the fuse every few hours.i guess ill continue looking for anything obvious causing a short.if anyone has an idea of what might cause the fuse to blow after a couple hours of play im all ears.one thing he mentioned is he thinks after locking 2 balls its letting him lock a 3rd(may not be true he drinks alot and not always accurate in telling the proper chain of events)if there's 2 balls locked im assuming the drop target should not drop or immediately go back up to stop a 3rd ball from entering.could a 3rd ball enter and cause the fuse to blow?

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

There are only three balls, and yes, the drop target should go back up to prevent a third ball from going in.
Are you sure he is using the right value fuse?

Yes its a 1 amp fuse that I switched out originally and left him a few extra. I'll take a look Tuesday and see if it is indeed letting him lock 3 balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-force-owners-club?tu=Puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.