PXL_20230917_043941870 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230917_044240763 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230917_044229348 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230917_044146883 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926168377 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926163205 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926157501 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1694926149596 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 8 years ago

I'm all over this club! I've been a member for several years now.
SF offers the most fun for the money in my lineup. I've even got 3 spare playfields kicking around so me and my buddy can eventually make a couple of super nice examples.

Here's a couple of pics.

1432009175969.jpg1432009175969.jpg 1432009239453.jpg1432009239453.jpg
#60 8 years ago

Man, with the Predator pin not happening, I had actually thought about just going ahead and making my own with a Special Force.
Problem is that I doin't want to mess with my game. I'd need a 2nd project SF to entertain it.

The best part is that all the sounds would still be fine and maybe an MP3 trigger could simply be added as an overlay to bring in some of the movie-specific audio.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I don't see much reason not to change the theme. Special Force is a very under-rated and under-valued game. I think it would be hard to sell even an HUO premium example of the game for very much. Because of that, I don't see much point in trying to retain the already low value in my own game. If I see it as a keeper anyway, why not change the theme to something more appealing to me?

My issue is that I enjoy it as-is as well.
I think I'd like to have a 2nd one to do the re-theme and then, once completed, decide which to keep.
If the original theme isn't for you, go nuts

#64 8 years ago

Don't you have a couple playfields? If you weren't modifying the cabinet, just retheme one playfield and make a new translite and then everything's swappable and reversible.

Not a bad idea. I'll se what's left over once me and my friend finish up our two SF.
Yes, I'm restoring a Special Force

2 months later
#83 8 years ago

I had mine pitched too high and the left ramp was a pain to make. Never seemed to have any issues with the right ramp though.
Lowered the back a little and the shots are all very makeable. I'm sure some new coil sleeves and filing the contacts at the flipper and flipper bottons will add a bit more pop as well.

4 months later
#97 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

Joined the club.
Picked up a project, but I should have it flipping tonight.
Edit: sure did get it flipping! Good game. I still have to get it dialed in.
There's a good variety of satisfying shots. The outlane save gates are a blast and it is a wonder to me why these haven't been implemented on other games.
My only beef with the layout is there isn't a lot of flow.

Have a look at Centaur.
The lower section is identical... and the left lane up the side with the 3 bank targets and the standup way at the top isn't too far off the Centaur design either.

It's a great game and when you consider the other tables Bally was designing in this era, it's head and shoulders above most of them.

Best $300 I ever spent

2 months later
#121 8 years ago

Does anyone here recall a member that hacked into the SF code to grab some sounds or something? I can't find the post.

#123 8 years ago

Was it me? I had posted about looking into the roms and editing text. I didn't get far with the sound roms.

I don't think so. This person had been able to extract some compressed music or something like that.

1 year later
#190 6 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I noticed another issue with my machine... I have it set to for 5 balls per game. For some reason the game will not retain earned extra balls. For example, if I have "extra Ball" lit, shoot the weapons ramp to collect it, it says on the display "EXTRA BALL", lights flash etc, but the "shoot again" light does not light up, and when the ball drains and the round is over, the extra Ball is not awarded. Any ideas? If I were to earn an extra Ball while on Ball 5, when the ball drains the game is over. Very frustrating.

I'd perform a factory reset.
Note that after doing so, you will have to go through the settings and turn a few things on... like sounds. I know it's weird, but some features we would normally think as factory, are actually features.
On my Strange Science the default is for the slingshot to be off! You have to go in and turn them on. Crazy I know.

Bottom line is that a factory reset will likely wipe away any weird settings/issues you seem to be having.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I'll give it a try, thanks for the advice. When I got the machine a few months back i did change the battery which reset high scores and whatnot, not sure if that would be the exact same as a factory reset.

Yup. I would think replacing batteries without power to the MPU would reset everything. But 5 ball games are not default, so some settings must have been adjusted after that.

1 year later
#227 5 years ago

That German backglass is super rare. Pobably worth more than the original game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-force-owners-club?tu=Drano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.