(Topic ID: 11960)

"Special Force", My Raffle Win (Video and Pics)

By Rascal_H

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sf_playfield4.jpg
sf_playfield3.jpg
sf_playfield1.jpg
sf_backglass.jpg
#1 12 years ago

This cost me $45! Pretty cool.

I made this game play video.

sf_backglass.jpgsf_backglass.jpg sf_playfield1.jpgsf_playfield1.jpg sf_playfield3.jpgsf_playfield3.jpg sf_playfield4.jpgsf_playfield4.jpg

#2 12 years ago

NO SH*T!!! You actually won it???? Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 12 years ago

Nice video, I saw a non-working one of these a few weeks back folded up at a person's house that was selling some other games. Neat to see what it actually plays like.

#4 12 years ago

hell ya rascal!!!!! i like the fuction under the heli toy where the ball spins around..looks like a decent pin, in great shape for sure!

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Nice video, I saw a non-working one of these a few weeks back folded up at a person's house that was selling some other games. Neat to see what it actually plays like.

Was that the person selling all the old gottliebs in Lancaster? We worked a deal out with them for all the gottliebs that special force and the rest for 3k and then we got screwed out of it

Nice score BTW rascal. Looks to be in good shape. Any issues with it?

#6 12 years ago

Actually, I did spend some cash to get the pops fixed... but it's nothing I won't get back when I sell.

It was a guy in RI.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Was that the person selling all the old gottliebs in Lancaster? We worked a deal out with them for all the gottliebs that Special Force and the rest for 3k and then we got screwed out of it

Yeah looked at those machines on a *really* cold day since they weren't far from home. IMHO you didn't miss a lot, couple of nicer looking machines but enough with bad backglasses or missing all the plastics that they would have only been good for parts. Guess it all depends on which other games would have been part of your deal? The starting price on eBay was decent, but they sold for a lot more than would have been worth the time cleaning them up (though that's all relative I guess). What did the seller do to screw you over exactly?

#8 12 years ago

When the left jet bumper fired a few times on its own, is that a feature to make it sound like a machine gun or was it back feeding on itself?

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

When the left jet bumper fired a few times on its own, is that a feature to make it sound like a machine gun or was it back feeding on itself?

Yeah, it's a feature. It's supposed to be the villiage getting bombed. The caps on them look like little huts. Kinda neat.

#10 12 years ago

I've always liked the design of that pin. Cool that one of us has one.

#11 12 years ago

Thanks for the video rascal.

#12 12 years ago

I just saw that title for the first time last week. I'm looking for a mid-late 80's game and that is now at the top of the list. Those 3 drop targets on the left and the helo spinning the ball look like a lot of fun. That ramp in the middle looks like it's prone to draining though, which might need to be avoided. Great video, thanks for sharing.

#13 12 years ago

Thanks!

Wish I had done the video after waxing. Put 3 coats on last night and it's a lot faster.

#14 12 years ago

Pretty cool! I love the "dirt" ramp. What is that material? The rainforest styled multi-tiered plastics are also very well done. It's actually a nice looking game. The audio and sound bytes sound a bit weak. I guess you can't have everything.

PM me if you decide to sell. A friend is looking toget into the hobby and this would be a good starter.

#15 12 years ago

congrats again on winning this. thanks for sharing the video!

#16 12 years ago

Cool looking game! What's the deal with those inline drop targets on the left? They were obviously dropping by themselves in the video. What triggers this?

#17 12 years ago

There's two flipper buttons, and two "rocket" buttons on the cab's sides. You get two rockets to start off with that can either shoot down the row of drop targets on the left hand side, or the single middle ramp drop target. You can earn more rockets by hitting the round playfield targets.

Either that, or just shoot them with the pinball...

Neat idea. It's a good game.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

There's two flipper buttons, and two "rocket" buttons on the cab's side ...

Neat. That makes the game even cooler, in my opinion.

#19 12 years ago

Yeah, I'm still getting used to the rules. But Firebaall was right, I was firing off rockets trying to open up the switch in the back left. Don't think I actually got it in the video

Fun game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-force-my-raffle-win-video-and-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.