(Topic ID: 272422)

Special Force flasher issue (6803 system)

By Phantasize

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Special_Force (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello everyone

I am helping my buddy get his Special Force up and running. I have resolved some coil / transistor issues so far, but now i have run into a little issue.

I have no flashers on the following "Lines":

Bright lites 1
Bright lites 2
Bright lites 3
Bright lites 4

I know that bright lites 1-5 is on a shared transistor with some of the coils in the machine. And all of the coils that are shared with bright lites 1-4 works as they should. So i guess that eliminates transistor issues?

Bright lites 5 works as it should, along with its shared coil.

I have absolutely no experience with the 6803 system, and have a hard time reading the schematics. I would like to start by checking if the correct voltage is present at the flasher bulb, but i dont know which of the wires to check, as they are both "looped on" to the next flasher on that string (usually you know that the one that is "looped on"/ shared with other coils is the voltage side).

Any ideas where to start?

#3 3 years ago

Thank you for the tips. If the flashers are indeed in series, that could explain it. But I just don't think the wiring on the actual flashers suggests that they are in series, but rather are in parallel?

But I will try checking all of the bulbs first, and then look into the resistors.

#4 3 years ago

They are definitely in series. Don't know why I thought they were in parallel.

I investigated bright lights string number three by checking continuity. And there was indeed a blown flasher, and a bad connection in a socket. After fixing those issues, I had continuity all the way through, and a test revealed a working string

Now to investigate the remaining three strings. Thank you so much for your help @inkochnito!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-force-flasher-issue-6803-system?tu=Phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.