(Topic ID: 167632)

Speaking of expensive hobbies... Anyone own a set of Roland V-Drums?

By ghetoprobe

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1471633825-Parallel-Play-live (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).jpg
13939334_1069849896417820_8517392997894574081_n.jpg
TD11KVSet-large (resized).jpg
TD30KVSet-large (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago

i have a td10 running on a td9 standard kit. i run midi through an interface on my at home studio setup.i have a lot of fun running all my gear through propellerhead reason. lots of fun stuff to play with.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

How hard is it to hook a kit up to a computer and get things working properly between the software and the drums? Do you "download" the samples to the kit, or is everything processed through the software? Sorry for my ignorance, I've never dabbled in the software-side of drums before.

the software side can be really tricky or really easy... tons of different ways to set it up.

#30 7 years ago

If you are just looking to play drums, there is no replacement for a real set. If you are looking to play drums and experiment with sound, the roland set is a no brainer... Actually, if you want to experiment with sound and save some money, you can pretty much get any midi interface module (Yamaha, Alesis, Roland, etc.), and let your software be your sound bank. You also dont have to be brand loyal, and other people can chime in, but I havent found a much better dual trigger head than the Vmesh heads from Roland. I havent really deviated my set too much from factory other than getting rid of the single reverse kicker and going with a double pedal setup on a Pintech kick pad/drum (12").

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaking-of-expensive-hobbies-anyone-own-a-set-of-roland-v-drums?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.