Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm looking into upgrading my speakers for my SST and SWT. It's well documented about the missing speaker (due to cost cutbacks) and I've read threads here on Pinside and other sites on how to upgrade. I've found some speakers on parts-express.com but am wondering if the 4 1/2" speakers will fit or do I need 4"? 8 Ohm. Here is a direct link to the ones I'm thinking of purchasing. Any other suggestions? I've heard about an L Pad but not sure where to purchase one and how to install.

https://www.parts-express.com/grs-4fr-8-full-range-4-1-2-speaker-pioneer-type-a11ec80-02f-8-ohm--292-434

#2 10 years ago

Personally, I would not bother with upgrading to great speakers if I were not upgrading the amplification as well. To me it's a lot like polishing and waxing a car with scratches and rust. It's only going to be partially helpful. But you will have a following that will say otherwise.

Lpads are easy. Radio Shack usually (or used to) have them, and you can probably find them online cheaper. I used one on my jukebox that runs a pair of speakers on "A" channel and a pair on "B" channel, so that I could control the level between the pair inside the house and outside the house. Usually the Lpad will have inputs, outputs and left and right + and - pairs marked right on the terminals. There are also plenty of stereo forums with details, just google search them. If you get stuck, post a pic of your L-pad and what you wish to accomplish and the folks here can help you out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-suggestions-on-upgrading-sega-sw-sst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.