(Topic ID: 306066)

Speaker Recommendations for Pinsound?

By Cheeks

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I need to replace a WPC sound board, so I'm going to get a Pinsound. I figured I would upgrade the stock speakers while I'm at it (STTNG).

The speakers from Pinsound are $170. Does anyone have suggestions for cheaper backbox and cabinet speakers compatible with STTNG and Pinsound? And based on that, should I be getting the Pinsound NEO or Plus?

#2 2 years ago

I just got a pinsound for tspp and have the same question.

#3 2 years ago

Bumping...hoping some audio guy (or girl) can give cheaper (Amazon) speaker recommendations for use with a Pinsound board in a WPC game.

1 week later
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Bumping...hoping some audio guy (or girl) can give cheaper (Amazon) speaker recommendations for use with a Pinsound board in a WPC game.

I bought the Pinsound speakers along with a pinsound board for my STTNG. I highly recommend the kit. It’s awesome. There’s also RCA audio outs from the pin soundboard and I had that running through a Nakamichi stereo amplifier to some bowers and Wilkins speakers for a while too and that was awesome as well. But the stock speaker kit from pinsound is great! Subwoofer is great too!

#5 2 years ago

You can buy the same speakers Pinwoofer uses (he lists them on his website). I believe Flipper Fidelity and some other places sell adapter rings and cabling separately to hook them up. I’m considering doing this for my TZ that has Pinsound but haven’t tried yet. I have a few Pinwoofer systems though that sound great and see no reason the speakers wouldn’t be a nice upgrade with Pinsound.

#6 2 years ago

I have not noticed as much improvement out of changing B/W speakers versus changing the newer Stern back box speakers. I also believe the TSPP speakers are pretty heavy duty compared to the newer cheaper Stern back box speakers. I would leave original in at this point and see if you like the results.

You can always change out the speakers per above recommendations after.

#7 2 years ago

I changed out my WPC89 sound board with the Pinsound +. Then changed out the stock speakers with Flipper Fidelity Speakers. Yes, I noticed a difference from the 29-year-old stock speakers. Next, I added the Pinsound Shaker. A lighted speaker kit was added after that. Finally, with 6 soundtracks to choose from, I needed an easy way to change tracks without having to open the coin door each time. So, I added the Pinsound headphone jack that allows you to externally adjust the volume of the speakers, and change tracks. I did this over a year's progress, as it did not hurt as financially, if I did it all at once. I am happy with my choices and would do it again.

The cheaper alternative would have been to have all the Caps replaced on the original sound board and lived with just the original soundtrack and callouts. I really appreciate all the people that put in so much time create alternative soundtracks and callouts. That takes real talent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 85.00
$ 64.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-recommendations-for-pinsound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.