• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by koen12344
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 8 years ago

Okay, so this seems very basic and I am a little embarrassed to ask, but I searched and could not find info -

I have a new speaker panel cover for my Taxi. Do I install this with double sided tape to hold it in? Or just slide it into the slot on the panel? The current one is not attached and it just kinda falls out when I remove the speaker panel. I don't like this, because it seems much more prone to scratches this way. I have two other WPC games and this doesn't happen, so seems like they are attached by either tape, or glue.

Any experts want to chime in? thinking double sided 3M tape? I dropped close to $100 on the new cover, so want to do this right.

Thanks guys.

#2 8 years ago

I used glue for the speaker panel on my F14 (so you can reposition it before the glue dries). You get only one shot with double sided tape, because i think it will take the ink/paint off the plastic if you need to reposition it.

I should mention however that my F14 didnt have a slot for the speaker cover on the top side, so it had to be glued to keep it in place. Not sure if its glued when it is held in place by the slots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-panel-cover-how-to-install and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.