New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 146128)

Speaker Panel Cover - How to Install?

By Elicash

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by koen12344
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 4 years ago

Okay, so this seems very basic and I am a little embarrassed to ask, but I searched and could not find info -

I have a new speaker panel cover for my Taxi. Do I install this with double sided tape to hold it in? Or just slide it into the slot on the panel? The current one is not attached and it just kinda falls out when I remove the speaker panel. I don't like this, because it seems much more prone to scratches this way. I have two other WPC games and this doesn't happen, so seems like they are attached by either tape, or glue.

Any experts want to chime in? thinking double sided 3M tape? I dropped close to $100 on the new cover, so want to do this right.

Thanks guys.

#2 4 years ago

I used glue for the speaker panel on my F14 (so you can reposition it before the glue dries). You get only one shot with double sided tape, because i think it will take the ink/paint off the plastic if you need to reposition it.

I should mention however that my F14 didnt have a slot for the speaker cover on the top side, so it had to be glued to keep it in place. Not sure if its glued when it is held in place by the slots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside