6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC double stack (resized).jpg
    TRON mounting example (resized).jpg
    mounting (resized).jpg
    Stacked (resized).jpg
    Iron Man Double Stack (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Couldn't find a thread specifically discussing Speaker Lights and/or Acrylic designs, so thought i'd start one

Was talking with Doug from http://www.speakerlightkits.com/ (other suppliers exist, i have no affiliation, but they're very good) and he suggested some alternate ways to install these things, i.e. (front to back)

design, light frame, grill, speaker
    design, 2 washers added as spacers, grill, light frame, speaker
    design, grill, light frame, speaker
    grill, design, light frame, speaker

So I'm going to try some of these out on my games. Some work, some don't. Some are personal preference.

He also mentioned doubling up, so using 2 acrylics.

I'm keen to see the various colour/arcylic/game combos out there, so feel free to post!

Iron Man Double Stack (resized).jpgIron Man Double Stack (resized).jpg
    Stacked (resized).jpgStacked (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

In LOTR i'm sticking with the 'standard' - design, grill, light frame, speaker, with the RGB lighting more light yellowish - as i like the light bleeding through the Ring text. Might change it to orange to reflect the glow in the movies.
    Met will probably be the same, using the silver mirror designs, and maybe a purple RGB.
    TWD will probably be - grill, light frame, design, speaker - using the red mirror acrylic set to dim white, or light red.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-lights-acrylic-inserts-show-your-configs-here?tu=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.