Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10 The Jailbird (resized).jpg
24266FCF-33BB-44D9-8784-6D6ECFEEA8B8 (resized).jpeg
630A566C-9751-4F12-8F88-9FE8EB9A58AA (resized).jpeg
79ED43A0-FCBA-47FC-9DA9-091D363B08AF (resized).jpeg
F0C7E3B9-A779-4024-9A16-A7567B30F2E6 (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I'm sure this has been addressed numerous times, however looking for some thoughts on speaker lighting kits. I have BM 66, Star Wars, and soon JP LE. What are the best options for speaker lighting? Mezel mods has the square ones, Lermods the LED strip lighting kit. To me the square ones on Mezel mods look quite intense. Thanks for any input on this.

#2 4 years ago

These go on easy, work great. I have 3 sets so far.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#3 4 years ago

+1 for Doug at www.speakerlightkits.com. He has some new products worth checking out.

#4 4 years ago

I have bought probably 15 sets from Doug at speakerlightkits. Great customer service, ships fast, and they look awesome.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give Doug a shot.

#6 4 years ago

Doug ( DugFreez ) now has a NEW version - Speaker Ring lights !!!!!

Ask him about those - they have not hit the website yet.

Of course, you can get in multiple color plastics, etc!

F0C7E3B9-A779-4024-9A16-A7567B30F2E6 (resized).pngF0C7E3B9-A779-4024-9A16-A7567B30F2E6 (resized).png
#7 4 years ago
79ED43A0-FCBA-47FC-9DA9-091D363B08AF (resized).jpeg79ED43A0-FCBA-47FC-9DA9-091D363B08AF (resized).jpeg
#8 4 years ago

For someone who doesn't know what they are looking at, what are the 'acrylic designs' used for? Do they go in the speaker grilles and are backlit?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

For someone who doesn't know what they are looking at, what are the 'acrylic designs' used for? Do they go in the speaker grilles and are backlit?

Yeah, they are totally optional. I tossed the Decepticon and Autobot ones in my TF and I like them. There is a couple options, in front of speaker grill or behind. I like mine behind the grill so they are a bit less obvious but the symbol is great

I'll snap a pic of mine

#10 4 years ago
24266FCF-33BB-44D9-8784-6D6ECFEEA8B8 (resized).jpeg24266FCF-33BB-44D9-8784-6D6ECFEEA8B8 (resized).jpeg630A566C-9751-4F12-8F88-9FE8EB9A58AA (resized).jpeg630A566C-9751-4F12-8F88-9FE8EB9A58AA (resized).jpeg
#11 4 years ago

Thanks, does it affect the sound?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, does it affect the sound?

No

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

See post above my post in green lights up

#14 4 years ago

Speaker lights from Doug are on the list of my must-do mods for any game I own. Highly recommended.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I'm sure this has been addressed numerous times, however looking for some thoughts on speaker lighting kits. I have BM 66, Star Wars, and soon JP LE. What are the best options for speaker lighting? Mezel mods has the square ones, Lermods the LED strip lighting kit. To me the square ones on Mezel mods look quite intense. Thanks for any input on this.

I currently have Speaker Light Kits available for all of the (Stern SPIKE 2) games you have mentioned.

My Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits light the entire grill area and are a good choice if you want to have your speaker lights set on a static color all of the time or with a simple flash or fade color pattern. This light kit allows a user to mix and save their own specific static color. So if you are wanting a very specific shade of a color and are just looking for that color to be lit all of the time, this is a great choice for that. These are available at various pinball parts sellers as well as from my website.

My Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit also lights the entire grill area, but it uses individually addressable LED light strips. This allows for different parts of the light strips to be lit different colors, on or off, or different brightness at the same time. This makes it so a much more elaborate light show and transition effects are possible with the speaker lights. This light kit has 358 different color and transition patterns.

I also have a Deluxe SPIKE 2 5.25" Speaker Light Kit coming soon. This light kit is only for SPIKE 2 games that have 5.25" speakers. This uses the individuality addressable light strips like the previously mention deluxe light kit and has all of the same functionality that it has. This light kit only lights the area around the 5.25" speakers instead of lighting the entire grill area. I should have these available soon for users that already have the 5.25" speakers in their games and I also hope to have a lower cost alternative ready soon to allow 4" speaker users to upgrade their games to 5.25" speakers for a lower cost than is currently available. I will also be selling various colors of the speaker surrounds that are commonly used with these speakers, if a person chooses to use a speaker surround.

So for my recommendations, I would go with the currently available Deluxe Spike 2 Speaker Light Kits on BM 66 and Star Wars and keep an eye out for the coming soon Deluxe SPIKE 2 5.25" Speaker Light Kits for your coming soon JP LE.

Thanks to anyone that offered the kind words and recommendations for me and / or my products.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#16 4 years ago

So do the Spike 2 games (Iron Maiden specifically) come stock from Stern with 4” speakers? I would have to upgrade these to 5.25” speakers in order for the light kit to work? not really a fan of lighting the whole grill....Thanks!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So do the Spike 2 games (Iron Maiden specifically) come stock from Stern with 4” speakers? I would have to upgrade these to 5.25” speakers in order for the light kit to work? not really a fan of lighting the whole grill....Thanks!

Iron Maiden pro and premium come with 4" speakers. Iron Maiden LE come with 5.25" speakers. So the LE could use any of the 3 Speaker Light Kit types I listed above. The SPIKE 2 games that have come with the bigger 5.25" speakers are Batman 66 SLE, Iron Maiden LE, Deadpool LE, The Munster LE, Black Knight:SoR LE and the upcoming Jurassic Park LE.

As far as my light kits go, for an Iron Maiden pro or premium you would have to go with one of the fully lit grill light kits, upgrade the speakers to 5.25" speakers to use the upcoming Deluxe SPIKE 2 5.25" Speaker Light Kits OR get one of my Type 10 Speaker Light Kits (for SPIKE 1 games....ex: Ghostbusters) and mount it behind the 4" holes in the SPIKE 2 speaker plates (SEE ATTACHMENT). If you were to want this, when ordering let me know you want "The Jailbird" and I will let you know what needs to be done differently on its install.

10 The Jailbird (resized).jpg10 The Jailbird (resized).jpg

1 week later
#18 4 years ago

^^^Thanks for the info!

11 months later
#19 3 years ago

Do you have to power these on separate from the game then? If I plug this into a smart socket will it turn on when there is power or do you need to still use the remote to power it on each time?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Do you have to power these on separate from the game then? If I plug this into a smart socket will it turn on when there is power or do you need to still use the remote to power it on each time?

All of my Speaker Light Kits are wired to be powered on when the game's power switch is turned on and powered off when the game's power switch is turned off. If you have your game's power switch turned on all of the time and power the game on and off with a smart socket....the Speaker Light Kit will power on and off just as the game does on the smart socket.

Also...when the light kit gets power and turns on, it will have the same setting it had when it was last powered off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-lighting?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.