Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10A992B1-36B0-4D84-B9FF-117816EDBBB8 (resized).jpeg
    41198B80-5379-454E-9D79-12FE1BDE6CDE (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Just want to give Doug a thumbs up for helping me out troubleshooting something I screwed up. He took the time to explain how to fix something rather than sell me a new replacement. Stand up guy, but I already knew that and still add his kits to every dmd game.

#2 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you got things resolved.

2 weeks later
    #3 3 years ago

Just put one of these kits in my STh, and it's awesome. Now my JP looks sad and lonely next to it. Great product, instructions, and (I'm assuming from @yzfguy's post) support. Thanks for a great product, DugFreez ...now if I could only figure out how the hell to program the thing to get the inner and outer colors I want going.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just put one of these kits in my STh, and it's awesome. Now my JP looks sad and lonely next to it. Great product, instructions, and (I'm assuming from yzfguy's post) support. Thanks for a great product, dugfreez ...now if I could only figure out how the hell to program the thing to get the inner and outer colors I want going.

I'm not sure what you mean about programing or inner and outer colors. If you have any questions feel free to ask at [email protected] and I will do what I can to try to help with your questions.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#5 3 years ago

Just placed my order!

#6 3 years ago

Doug’s kit are awesome. Well made, easy install and add a nice look to the speaker panel. The man ships fast down here to Florida!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffswack:

Just placed my order!

Dear Doug: You're welcome.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm not sure what you mean about programing or inner and outer colors. If you have any questions feel free to ask at [email protected] and I will do what I can to try to help with your questions.

Yeah...no biggie. I just meant it's cool how it cycles through all the programs and everything, but whenever the speaker color gets to yellow, it's gross-looking on a Stranger Things. I wish there was a way to program out certain colors - I'm going to play with it a bit, but I'm afraid to mess up what's there now. It's really a cool product.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

- I'm going to play with it a bit.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just put one of these kits in my STh, and it's awesome. Now my JP looks sad and lonely next to it. Great product, instructions, and (I'm assuming from yzfguy's post) support. Thanks for a great product, dugfreez ...now if I could only figure out how the hell to program the thing to get the inner and outer colors I want going.

I’ve seen a pic before of an STh with a speaker light kit and a mode that looked like Christmas lights, which I think is brilliant for the theme. Pictures can be deceiving so I’m wondering if you have seen it while cycling through the many options and do the lights behave\chase like actual Christmas lights?

Edit: here’s a pic of the game I saw

41198B80-5379-454E-9D79-12FE1BDE6CDE (resized).jpeg41198B80-5379-454E-9D79-12FE1BDE6CDE (resized).jpeg
    #10 3 years ago

#11 3 years ago

#12 3 years ago

Those are Doug's speaker light kit. Those are the Deluxe type 12 which have many patterns/color combinations. You can cycle through the patterns and leave them on the one you want. I have them installed on two of my games and love them.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Those aren't the speaker lights. You can see them here, at chuckwurt 's stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660602695
    He has it set to one setting (so the colors match the game). I have to figure out how to do that. By default, they cycle through different colors and patterns.

Those on Eric's game are the Type 13 speaker lights.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Those are Doug's speaker light kit. Those are the Deluxe type 12 which have many patterns/color combinations. You can cycle through the patterns and leave them on the one you want. I have them installed on two of my games and love them.

Quoted from SKWilson:

Those on Eric's game are the Type 13 speaker lights.

Wrong info. Apologies issued...I've removed the posts.

#15 3 years ago

Doug E Fresh in da house.
    Great guy, just fitted mine.

10A992B1-36B0-4D84-B9FF-117816EDBBB8 (resized).jpeg10A992B1-36B0-4D84-B9FF-117816EDBBB8 (resized).jpeg
    #16 3 years ago
    Quoted from evileye:

I’ve seen a pic before of an STh with a speaker light kit and a mode that looked like Christmas lights, which I think is brilliant for the theme. Pictures can be deceiving so I’m wondering if you have seen it while cycling through the many options and do the lights behave\chase like actual Christmas lights?
    Edit: here’s a pic of the game I saw
    [quoted image]

That's a pretty cool and unique light pattern. It is all 7 available colors chasing around the light frame....with 4 unlit bulbs between each lit bulb. So that light pattern is exactly 42 bulbs in length.....which so happens to be exactly how many bulbs are going around each of those light frames. So that pattern fits perfectly and runs with all 7 colors chasing around the light frames in a smooth pattern.

To get to it...press the white button and then the MODE + button about 66 times. Fun Fact....press the white button and the MODE - button about 120 times and it will be the same pattern ....but running the opposite direction, because each of the light stacking / chasing patterns have a version running in either direction. Which direction you get to first depends on if you are using the MODE+ to get to them from white or using the MODE- button to get to them from white.

You can actually save both directions of the same light pattern to the DIY list and after selecting one of them with the DIY+ or DIY- buttons...you can hit the auto button (so it will automatically switch between your saved DIY selections) and make it so that same pattern will play and auto change directions back and forth.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

That's a pretty cool and unique light pattern. It is all 7 available colors chasing around the light frame....with 4 unlit bulbs between each lit bulb. So that light pattern is exactly 42 bulbs in length.....which so happens to be exactly how many bulbs are going around each of those light frames. So that pattern fits perfectly and runs with all 7 colors chasing around the light frames in a smooth pattern.
    To get to it...press the white button and then the MODE + button about 66 times. Fun Fact....press the white button and the MODE - button about 120 times and it will be the same pattern ....but running the opposite direction, because each of the light stacking / chasing patterns have a version running in either direction. Which direction you get to first depends on if you are using the MODE+ to get to them from white or using the MODE- button to get to them from white.
    You can actually save both directions of the same light pattern to the DIY list and after selecting one of them with the DIY+ or DIY- buttons...you can hit the auto button (so it will automatically switch between your saved DIY selections) and make it so that same pattern will play and auto change directions back and forth.

That’s the exact advice I was looking for. Thank you, Doug!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dear Doug: You're welcome.

Yeah...no biggie. I just meant it's cool how it cycles through all the programs and everything, but whenever the speaker color gets to yellow, it's gross-looking on a Stranger Things. I wish there was a way to program out certain colors - I'm going to play with it a bit, but I'm afraid to mess up what's there now. It's really a cool product.

There’s like a million settings on these new ones but I found this deep in the presets.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667505064

Purple then slowly morphs to red.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-light-kits-thumbs-up?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.