(Topic ID: 210363)

Speaker Light Kits now available for Stern SPIKE 2 games! The Beatles added!

By DugFreez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Acrylic Designs (resized).jpg
MockLCDresize (resized).jpg
LDPcropresize (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMAD (resized).jpg
47E46409-B533-48B6-9FA7-640B72049A68 (resized).png
EE2D3277-FC8A-4DF5-916C-BB1FD60AEBDC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpg
IMG_0077 (resized).jpg
IMG_0076 (resized).jpg
IMG_0075 (resized).jpg
Speaker Light Kit (resized).jpg
89f6ddb248576f80794e737e759bee5d4bec5aa7_jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20180208_235314709 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
brace-yourselves-spike-2-speaker-light-kit-copies-are-coming (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

Do you have kits that are compatible with aftermarket speakers yet or do you still need to cut the speakers foam?

#30 5 years ago

Thanks for the info!! Right now i have a flipper fidelitys in my Iron Maiden but i didnt choose the ones withput the spacer rings. I didnt plan on the lights but after i put them in Deadpool, Gotg i wanted to add them. If you PM me what i need to order ill place it today

Quoted from DugFreez:

My Spike 2 light kits are 100% compatible with aftermarket speakers. The GotG picture on my profile (and homepage) is of a game with FF aftermarket speakers installed. No reason to not use or to cut the speaker foam (I've never even tried cutting the foam).
What you will need to do is make sure the aftermarket speakers do NOT have a spacer rings attached on the front of them. They can be ordered from Flipper Fidelity without those spacer rings attached to the front of them or the spacer rings can be removed:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Speakers.pdf
After that is done, One of two things will also need to be done if the speaker you are using has tweeters that extend out past the speakers mounting area: The bars will have to be cut out of the holes in the factory speaker plates OR you will have to purchase a set of SPIKE 2 replacement speaker plates from me. These replacement speaker plates can only be used with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits and they completely replace the factory speaker plates. They not only have the bars removed so the speaker holes are open for the extended tweeters. They also center the speaker holes in the speaker panel's honeycomb grill area as well as adding two extra mounting points for each speaker (giving each speaker 4 mounting studs instead of the 2 from the standard factory speaker plates).
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html
Of course if the aftermarket speakers you are using don't have the spacer rings on them and they do not have tweeters that extend past their mounting points....nothing special will have to be done at all. They will mount with the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits just as the factor speakers do.
If you are interested in the Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates, they are $17.50 a pair. I do not have them listed on my website yet, but PM or e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know, as I do have them available now.
I hope this helps,
Doug (www.SpeakerLightKits.com)

#31 5 years ago

Payment sent!!! Thanks!

Quoted from DugFreez:

My Spike 2 light kits are 100% compatible with aftermarket speakers. The GotG picture on my profile (and homepage) is of a game with FF aftermarket speakers installed. No reason to not use or to cut the speaker foam (I've never even tried cutting the foam).
What you will need to do is make sure the aftermarket speakers do NOT have a spacer rings attached on the front of them. They can be ordered from Flipper Fidelity without those spacer rings attached to the front of them or the spacer rings can be removed:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_Speakers.pdf
After that is done, One of two things will also need to be done if the speaker you are using has tweeters that extend out past the speakers mounting area: The bars will have to be cut out of the holes in the factory speaker plates OR you will have to purchase a set of SPIKE 2 replacement speaker plates from me. These replacement speaker plates can only be used with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits and they completely replace the factory speaker plates. They not only have the bars removed so the speaker holes are open for the extended tweeters. They also center the speaker holes in the speaker panel's honeycomb grill area as well as adding two extra mounting points for each speaker (giving each speaker 4 mounting studs instead of the 2 from the standard factory speaker plates).
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html
Of course if the aftermarket speakers you are using don't have the spacer rings on them and they do not have tweeters that extend past their mounting points....nothing special will have to be done at all. They will mount with the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits just as the factor speakers do.
If you are interested in the Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates, they are $17.50 a pair. I do not have them listed on my website yet, but PM or e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know, as I do have them available now.
I hope this helps,
Doug (www.SpeakerLightKits.com)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-light-kits-now-available-for-stern-spike-2-games?tu=marcdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.