Speaker Light Kits now available for Stern SPIKE 2 games!

(Topic ID: 210363)

Speaker Light Kits now available for Stern SPIKE 2 games!

By DugFreez

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MockLCDresize (resized).jpg
LDPcropresize (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMAD (resized).jpg
47E46409-B533-48B6-9FA7-640B72049A68 (resized).png
EE2D3277-FC8A-4DF5-916C-BB1FD60AEBDC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpg
IMG_0077 (resized).jpg
IMG_0076 (resized).jpg
IMG_0075 (resized).jpg
Speaker Light Kit (resized).jpg
89f6ddb248576f80794e737e759bee5d4bec5aa7_jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_20180208_235314709 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
brace-yourselves-spike-2-speaker-light-kit-copies-are-coming (resized).jpg
_MBA0550 (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

2/20/2018

Hello,

I've had the Speaker Light Kits for the Stern SPIKE 2 system games available on my website for a couple of weeks, but I hadn't made an announcement thread about them yet.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-11.html

It has been a busy year for me working on these new light kits and the new speaker panel type on the SPIKE 2 games was quite a change. Any other game changes that had been made, that concerned my light kits, since I started making them in late 2012 had been handled pretty quickly. I believe I had the first SPIKE light kit ready (WWE) before they were even being delivered to customers, but the big changes in SPIKE 2 took longer for me to work out than I would have expected. So it feels good to finally have them on the website for sale and see customers enjoying and posting pictures of them.

To be honest, I still feel like I could have used more time to work on some other additions to the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits. I do have "Replacement Speaker Plates for SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit use" which should be finished in the next few weeks. This is not a required item, but it is something that I think users of aftermarket speakers may want, to make their installation easier. I want my Speaker Light Kits to work well and as easily as possible with other mods so a buyer doesn't have to make a decision to have one mod over another.

I have also just added acrylic designs suitable for Batman 66, Aerosmith, Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy to my website.

I hope to keep this thread updated for a while as new things are readied for release. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM, email me at support@speakerlightkits.com or to ask here. I will do my best to answer any questions, help with any issues or concerns and give any tips that I can. Just as a quick tip if you are interested in purchasing....read the install instructions and info before ordering so you know what is involved. The SPIKE 2 install instructions, acrylic design mounting tips and aftermarket speaker information is linked to from the manuals page on my website:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Manuals.html

I have also recently added a sound activated RGB controller as an add-on accessory to my light kits ($10). The controller is custom made to easily work with any of my Speaker Light Kits so it has the same 2 output connection and longer output and remote eye wires as the standard RGB controller that is included with all of my Speaker Light Kits. You can read more details about it, along with my great sales pitch on it here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Use-of-Sound-Activated-RGB-Controller.html

On an un-SPIKE 2 related note...I also have a new Historic US 66 (Mustang / Harley-Davidson) acrylic design I added reciently.

So thanks for reading and I hope people enjoy the new SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits from www.speakerlightkits.com

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

GotG square (resized).jpg

#2 8 months ago

I installed three sets so far and they looks better than I expected,I love the way the foam inserts defuse the light

#3 8 months ago

This isn’t just some stuff thrown together, this is a high quality custom made setup for your Stern Spike systems!! Bought one set for my SW and love it, and great customer service as well!!! Buy with confidence!!!

F261064B-7E55-435D-B8C6-C602E32876CC (resized).jpeg

#4 8 months ago

Hi Doug,
is there any pinball shop in Europe that is selling your kit for Star Wars Le?
thank you!
Miguel

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

Hi Doug,
is there any pinball shop in Europe that is selling your kit for Star Wars Le?
thank you!
Miguel

European re-sellers of the SPIKE 2 kits might happen in the future, but at this time they are only being sold at www.speakerlightkits.com

I do ship first class international which is the lowest cost way to ship items internationally. Another strange thing when shipping first class international is the shipping cost is the same to ship 2 complete light kits as it is to ship 1. So doubling up on light kits will basically cut the international shipping cost in half.

#6 8 months ago

Hi Doug,
Thank you for your answer,
my question about european re-sellers of the Spike 2 kits was just to avoid the taxes and fees from Usa to Europe and the so many time that the order stays in the customs.
But no problem, i will do my order of your amazing speaker light kit, as always, here:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com
All the best!

_MBA0550 (resized).jpg

#7 7 months ago

brace-yourselves-spike-2-speaker-light-kit-copies-are-coming (resized).jpg

#8 7 months ago

Just installed mine. They look awesome!

image (resized).jpg

#9 7 months ago

Loving mine

IMG_20180208_235314709 (resized).jpg

#10 7 months ago

Not sure I'm a fan of the glare off the glass and I don't typically buy $250 pieces of invisiglass. How is it in person as far as glare?

#11 7 months ago

I have the speaker light kits and acrylics on all my games. I also use the plastic glare guards from pinball life to block the glare.

89f6ddb248576f80794e737e759bee5d4bec5aa7_jpeg (resized).jpg

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Not sure I'm a fan of the glare off the glass and I don't typically buy $250 pieces of invisiglass. How is it in person as far as glare?

Like any speaker lights they are visible on the playfield glass, even with invisiglass. $8.95 on Bentplastic solves that problem........

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

All of my Speaker Light Kits (including these) have 8 levels of adjustable brightness via their 44 key remote control. As others have suggested, plastic glare guards do wonders and I'm sure the HD InvisaPDI glass should help.

#14 7 months ago

Recently I installed the speaker light kit mod into my Stern Star Wars Premium pinball machine. The install was done quickly and not many tools were required. The speaker light mod does a nice job of improving the look of any pinball machine.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/04/mods-install-speaker-light-kit-install-spike-2-star-wars-premium-video-install/

Video Install :

Speaker Light Kit (resized).jpg

#15 7 months ago

i tied mine into my back box interactive lighting kit from rock customs, it is set on a slow scroll through 7 colors.

IMG_0075 (resized).jpg

IMG_0076 (resized).jpg

IMG_0077 (resized).jpg

IMG_0078 (resized).jpg

#16 7 months ago

They look amazing!!!! Love them on my machines. Easy install!!

EE2D3277-FC8A-4DF5-916C-BB1FD60AEBDC (resized).jpeg

47E46409-B533-48B6-9FA7-640B72049A68 (resized).png

#17 7 months ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Recently I installed the speaker light kit mod into my Stern Star Wars Premium pinball machine. The install was done quickly and not many tools were required. The speaker light mod does a nice job of improving the look of any pinball machine.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/04/mods-install-speaker-light-kit-install-spike-2-star-wars-premium-video-install/
Video Install :
» YouTube video

Nice video. I have never seen your YouTube channel before, but I look forward to checking out some more of your videos.

I recommend anyone buying a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit to check out the more in depth install instructions on my website.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE_2_Install.pdf

2 weeks later
#18 7 months ago

I like the speaker lights however the plastic stand offs are junk. The just don't seem to tighten up.

#19 7 months ago

your obviously over tightening them, they work fine if properly installed.

1 month later
#20 5 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

They look amazing!!!! Love them on my machines. Easy install!!

Are your acrylic designs on the exterior of the speaker box or in the interior behind the honey comb?

3 weeks later
#21 5 months ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Are your acrylic designs on the exterior of the speaker box or in the interior behind the honey comb?

Wow...sorry for not seeing this sooner. The designs in the pictures are on the outside of the honeycomb grill area and after trying them many different ways myself....I can't imagine anyone thinking they look better behind the grills, so I think on the outside is the way to go.

#22 5 months ago

5/19/2018

I have just restocked quite a few acrylic designs that have been out of stock for awhile. So now everything is IN STOCK on the website.

Extra hex standoffs are now being included with each light kit. Holding things in place is really as tight as the hex posts or nuts on them need to be. Make sure everything is threaded on straight and don't over tighten them and there shouldn't be any issues.

I also added listing for Iron Maiden Pro, LE and Premium Speaker Light Kits to the website. The LE requires some factory spacers to be removed that are originally between the speakers and the factory speaker plates and that is described on the website when selecting Iron Maiden LE.

I am also working on acrylic designs suitable for Iron Maiden since the Pro, LE and Premium art packages have finally all been shown. I hope to have a couple of different designs to choose from soon.

I also still have my replacement speaker plates for Speaker Light Kit use coming. These should make the light kit install easier for people that have aftermarket speakers or wish to add aftermarket speakers in the future.

2 months later
#23 3 months ago

I just added a couple of new Acrylic Design sets to my website at www.speakerlightkits.com

If anyone would want these (or any of my acrylic designs) in a different color or type of acrylic, customization is no extra charge as long as you are also buying a Speaker Light Kit from me, pre-pay for your order and are patient as it may take an additional 1 - 3 weeks to get the custom order to you. If you are interested in doing that, please e-mail me at support@speakerlightkits.com and let me know what design you would like and in what type of acrylic you would like it made.

Thanks,

IMAD (resized).jpg
1 month later
#24 62 days ago

NEW ARRIVAL!

I now have Speaker Light Kits listed for Deadpool (LE, Pro & Premium) on my website. I will have a dual layered DP acrylic design ready for sale soon (already listed on my Acrylic Designs page) and hope to have another design or two on the way.
th (resized).jpg

#25 62 days ago

Added 34 days ago:

The Lil Deadpool Acrylic Design has arrived.

4 weeks later
#26 33 days ago

Will be listed on my website soon for $25 a pair including mounting hardware. www.speakerlightkits.com

LDPcropresize (resized).jpgMockLCDresize (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 5,799.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 74.95
Various Novelties
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside