Marshall5.jpg
Marshall1.jpg
Marshall3.jpg
Marshall2.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg
IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3256.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

**edit 17-5-15** refreshed an old thread as this mod should nicely and should be a nice scale in the Pro KISS at the back of the Star Child area towards the back of the playfield. The 4 quad speaker holes can be back lit as well. Have sold a few via Shapeways recently gearing up to the KISS Pro.

found here
http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkskiss

Here is a mod I have been working on and went through a number of versions of the 5-6 weeks.

It is designed for those that like mods that have a music / band pin like - AC/DC, Metallica, GnR etc.

It is my version of the well known Marshall - Quad Speaker with the optional Marshall Amp. I have proven it works through 3D printing at home but I can't achieve the quality I want at home due to over hanging edges and the fine logo detail etc. This mod will be a purchasable item from Shapeways (3-6 parts) which will suit the US guys and with the Aus guys I can get a few and then on sell them but people will have to pay me first and be committed.

I have taken the leap and ordered 1 full set of parts to be made and sent to me to determine if they can actually make it and that it all assembles correctly and looks good.

The beauty with Shapeways is that some of the parts can be ordered in various metals - which lets you customise your speaker.

The speaker cabinet, amp cabinet and speaker grill are all the basic glossy black but the personal touch is the Marshall Logo and the Amp's knobs and switches. I have ordered the logos in a polished SS and the knobs in a polished gold metal. What is also cool is that I designed this item to install real fine speaker cloth into the speaker so it looks real. I will leaving it to you guys to install where ever you wish and supplied a single hole in the base for mounting, but you can always drill a extra hole if required (carefully). In addition the speaker grill has the 4 quad holes and if you install a flasher inside this will project through the speaker cloth.

The size of the speaker mod is 55mm wide x 50mm high x 24mm deep
The size of the amp mod is 55mm wide x 20mm high x 20mm deep

You will be able to just buy the speaker parts and if you want to go for the amp as well you can. But once you install the amp into the top of the speaker you will not be able to separate them without having 2 holes as I designed it in a way that material presses out to insert the amp locator plugs.

Lastly - with the parts I have only put a small margin to cover my design time, BUT with the Marshall logo I did not assign any margin at all as I don't want to be making a cent off someones design, what you will be paying for is purely Shapeways manufacturing cost to make it which for SS is $6.38.

With the last image ignore the print colour as the final version will be black and much finer in detail.

jcm900features.jpgjcm900features.jpg
Marshall Quad Speaker.jpgMarshall Quad Speaker.jpg
Marshall Amp.jpgMarshall Amp.jpg
Marshall Squad Speaker & Amp.jpgMarshall Squad Speaker & Amp.jpg
P1040749.jpgP1040749.jpg

#2 10 years ago

bump for the US guys

#4 10 years ago

a few members have warned me about using the Marshall logo and technically only made one for my personal use. What could be a alternative logo that works with the number of pins, looks cool and possibly gives that music feel ????

- Noise
- Blastin
- Swinks  

#6 10 years ago

4e1af8e99d3860d2a0f0d14d728d74b7.jpg4e1af8e99d3860d2a0f0d14d728d74b7.jpg

look what you could have in your games room - Marshall Fridge

http://shop.marshallamps.com/p/marshall-fridge

#7 10 years ago

I will do a Rotordave version to see what it looks like - all upper case ROTORDAVE or Rotordave and post here

#8 10 years ago

ok, there isn't a Marshall amp font but there is a font close but not the same and to be honest I am not going to custom do 52 letters (Upper and lower case) to tie in with Marshall style. On the net it stated it is believed that their logo is hand designed and no one has created a Marshall font.

Below is the design in the close font, though I would have to have it on a rectangular piece as some pieces will be very fragile.

In addition I have written to Marshall in the hope we can work something out, I even suggested they earn the margin for just the logo so I don't get a cent.

screen-capture.pngscreen-capture.png

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I think Quad box must be an Aussie term. Search for "Marshall Quad Box" in Google and all the results are from down under. I just noticed the OP is from Australia.

Yes I am a aussie, could quite possibly be an aussie / kiwi term as when I do a search it comes up with lots of results, but it doesn't really matter as it isn't written on anything, it' an aussie mod based on the Marshall (Quad) Box.....

Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

BadAss
And I want one with that name on it!

I will do a model with a cool font and maybe this can be a potential available logo.

2 weeks later
#22 10 years ago

Speaker and Amp mod.

Some parts arrived today from Shapeways which will soon be available as a direct purchase kit minus the Marshall Logo (have contacted Marshall and waiting on approval for use).

I didn't have a band pin available for modelling photos but the CFTBL will have to do. The logos are metal printed as well as the knob set and has real speaker cloth fitted as well. Light is able to flash from behind through the quad speaker holes.

You can purchase as a Speaker only or get the Speaker & Amp kit and press fit them together and you can choose the metal finish type.

IMG_3256.jpgIMG_3256.jpg IMG_3257.jpgIMG_3257.jpg IMG_3259.jpgIMG_3259.jpg
1 week later
#25 10 years ago

some sample placement photos in related pins

AC/DC - only 1-2 possible locations - 1 picture and you could slide a fraction down and use the mod flashers to also light up through speaker holes
note: not enough room for the amp

Metallica - on the back of one or both ramps - speakers and then speakers and amp
4 more

Marshall1.jpgMarshall1.jpg Marshall2.jpgMarshall2.jpg Marshall3.jpgMarshall3.jpg Marshall4.jpgMarshall4.jpg Marshall5.jpgMarshall5.jpg Marshall6.jpgMarshall6.jpg Marshall:Amp1.jpgMarshall:Amp1.jpg Marshall:Amp2.jpgMarshall:Amp2.jpg
#26 10 years ago

I opted to be unique and go with a bit of history and use the town name where Marshall started with their first shop to avoid any legal issues.

Hanwell-662.jpgHanwell-662.jpg Hanwell Quad-172.jpgHanwell Quad-172.jpg Hanwell Quad and Amp-266.jpgHanwell Quad and Amp-266.jpg
2 months later
#27 10 years ago

will be making this mod available at shapeways this week, playmobile not included

Marshall Quad&Amp.jpgMarshall Quad&Amp.jpg

1 year later
#28 8 years ago

**edit 17-5-15** refreshed an old thread as this mod should nicely and should be a nice scale in the Pro KISS at the back of the Star Child area towards the back of the playfield. The 4 quad speaker holes can be back lit as well. Have sold a few via Shapeways recently gearing up to the KISS Pro.

found here
http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkskiss

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speaker-and-amp-mod-for-band-pins?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.