20220801_185254 (resized).jpg
IMG_7244 (resized).JPG
8BB01583-ACB0-49A5-B553-E46891D32232 (resized).JPG
49DA628F-061A-404E-9EDF-0633AF554E3A (resized).JPG
82E14AA1-3AF6-4AA8-9A09-455DC0396A72 (resized).jpg
2F0C2B49-5222-4FEB-BBFF-C224584AE070 (resized).jpg
90771C0E-301F-460D-888B-C74A405F4B51 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211011_202709 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hellfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Heres another older SS Bally it kinda strange has the roulette wheel, 5 flip up targets an Odd mech plastic fiber playfield. narrow backbox etc.
Not the best Bally but still a pretty cool machine certainly Odd if anything
They made the standard 2 player or more rare 4 player versions.
Share pics if you have one or your opinion on the machine.

#2 10 years ago

heres some pics of my Speakeasy havnt done much to it but change some plastics i got lucky and found some NOS ones on Ebay and replaced a few connectors in the backbox, changed the displays, and changed rubbers then added a few leds the playfield and backbox were this nice when i got it just needed a good cleaning.006.JPG006.JPG008.JPG008.JPG009.JPG009.JPG011.JPG011.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Looks nice diesel
You have a much nicer cabinet than mine does.
Now they have twisted pins that can make stencils with a few pics So eventualy i will get my cabinet redone.
I had a chance to buy the 4 version as well but honestly I liked the 2 version backglass version better.

#5 10 years ago

The gameplay is off on this machine as well I like the add / lose ball feature of the roulette wheel it realy rewarded and screwed me equally.
Also to get a big points payout the game kinda makes you have to knock the targets down in proper order and costs you points if you want to reset the targets to do it.
i think they were onto something with the plastic playfield as well. mine was obviously in a damp location or warehouse the cabinet is planked etc but the playfield remained perfect. I wonder why they didnt try making a few more games with the plastic playfields?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from diesel64:

Why they didn't try making more? Cost, probably...

Youre prolly right. but I think they might have been onto something. but look the old bally held up pretty good overall ive seen 6 month old new sterns losing their art already not even being played like the old days.

It seems more about cost cutting now that it was even then its a shame realy.

#10 10 years ago

I found lack of speech to be a disapointment personaly.
But at the same time i suppose it was apparently designed to be more in the lines of a simulated EM machine in ways
1920s ears theme, gambling, proabition etc.
i think the flip up targets are pretty exclusive to this machine i think only one other had them if at all.
its the first or one of the first with the roulette wheel which made it into o few newer machines.

A big reason i liked the older SS Ballys is becouse they werent afraid to think outside the box and try new things.
perhaps they were sometimes ahead of their time or thought too far outside the box in which the masses didnt approve lol such as this game, spectrum, elektra etc.

But most the games they did make 80-82 were original and well thought out and most are still sought after today.

Speakeasy might not be the most desireable bally but it is one of the more original and a big part of the reason i like it.

3 months later
#13 10 years ago

Do you have a picture of the mutha? not familiar with that board.

9 months later
#30 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

1. I'm sure the roulette wheel cover should lay flush with the playfield, mine is slightly lower. I guess the foam spacers have shrunken over time. Can anyone recommend how to re-level the cover?

the plexiglass window does need to be absolutely flush with the playfield surface if it if lower it causes a ball hop and then the the flip up targets get damaged which are irreplaceable by the way. just find a vanilla or other thicker folder and make additional shims to raise the plexiglass cover up until it is flush with the PF.

1 week later
#43 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi,

Does anyone have the list of which SCR controls which lamp?

TY

I have the schematics but wont be able to scan them where they would be useful to you but email me a list of non working lamps and i can tell you which transistors control them. otherwise bally is realy nice to trace just look for the wire color on the non working lamp and find it on the light driver board connector then trace it back on the PCB. bally has a different colored wire for each socket. Also these old 555 sockets alot of the time just need the terminals bent together with a pick to make contact with the bulb again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hellfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speakeasy-owners-club?tu=Hellfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.