Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC02044_(resized).JPG
DSC02045_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
Speak_(resized).JPG
Speakeasy_Forste.jpg
Speakeasy_Andet.jpg
Speakeasy_Left_Flipper_Plastic_Needed.jpg
SE4_cards.JPG
DSC_1170.jpg
DSC_1168.jpg
DSC_1161.jpg
DSC_1157.jpg
DSC_1155.jpg
DSC_1151.jpg
DSC_1156.jpg
DSC_1148.jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

What BD said.... I need one of those too, if anyone has 2!!!!

I guess those plastics break easily, BD is yours missing or broken? Mine has the upper right corner chipped off, so that the ball gets stuck between the flipper and the plastic. I put a nylon washer there to resolve the issue, maybe you can do the same in the mean time.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I guess those plastics break easily

Guess they do. Had same problem when I got my game so I mirrored the design of the right lane guide with a metal bottom piece.

Speakeasy Andet.jpgSpeakeasy Første.jpg

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

What BD said.... I need one of those too, if anyone has 2!!!!
I guess those plastics break easily, BD is yours missing or broken? Mine has the upper right corner chipped off, so that the ball gets stuck between the flipper and the plastic. I put a nylon washer there to resolve the issue, maybe you can do the same in the mean time.

Actually, that left plastic on my machine was melted whenever I got it. Apparently someone had put a bulb in that socket which was too hot and it damaged the plastic. Luckily I don't have to worry about the ball getting stuck there since the plastic I took off of a Mr. & Mrs. Pac Man machine happens to fit the same space well enough to make the game playable.

But I'd still like to put the proper plastic back in that spot... Pac Man blue doesn't exactly harmonize with the rest of the colors on Speak Easy...haha

-Blake

2 months later
#54 3 years ago

We all know that the flyaway targets are made out of unobtainium. But, there are some, like me, whose target are ok, but the artwork is shot. If someone with pristine targets would scan them, we could make decals.

2 weeks later
#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Validpowerdetect:

We all know that the flyaway targets are made out of unobtainium. But, there are some, like me, whose target are ok, but the artwork is shot. If someone with pristine targets would scan them, we could make decals.

Good idea. My art is kind of shot as well.

1 week later
#56 3 years ago

How are your sharpie-skills?

Mine were also washed out, so i took a sharpie ...

Speak_(resized).JPG

#57 3 years ago

The fly-a-way targets seem like a good project for someone with a 3D printer. Unfortunately, that's not me.

1 month later
#58 3 years ago

Can anyone here explain exactly how the series of flyaway targets work on this machine? I am currently bringing a Speakeasy back from the dead. All five switches will register if pressed by hand. Not one of the targets "stick" when a card is hit.

image_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#59 3 years ago

All your switches have a piece broken off or bent. Each switch is supposed to have a longer leaf tab that sticks out and catches the ridge on the target to hold it in place. I can't tell if yours are broken off or bent vertical. If they are still there and bent, they should be parallel to the playfield and catch and hold the little notch on the target. On Tuesday night I can take a pic to show how it's supposed to look.

Some people solder on a little piece from another leaf switch. I have a back up set where somebody did that. i'll take pix of that hack too.

Love my Speakeasy.

mark

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Mine were also washed out, so i took a sharpie

Shweet!

#61 3 years ago

I got them working. All the tabs were bent vertical. It takes some adjustment getting those darn flyaways to work.

#62 3 years ago

Now that I have machine operational, boy, they really missed with sound on this game. The game has an old EM feel. It would have been better with chimes, etc. I have thought about trying an MP3 trigger to bring some speakeasy slang from movies or some music of the time period. What do u guys think of that idea?

#63 3 years ago

The 4-player version of this game is Bally's 1982 'Speakeasy 4'. According to the book Pinball Memories, this 4-player version was made at the request of a European distributor who did not want 2-player games, and that some of them went to Australia.

I have an excellent condition NOS BG for this version available.

More info on the 4-player version of this game here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4342

DSC02045_(resized).JPG

DSC02044_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#64 3 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

have thought about trying an MP3 trigger to bring some speakeasy slang from movies or some music of the time period. What do u guys think of that idea?

I think that's a great idea! In fact I had it mice elf, but I haven't ever pulled the "trigger."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside