(Topic ID: 221383)

Sparky Not Working

By callmesteam

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

On my MET Pro, I noticed that Sparky wouldn't move when he was supposed to (or at all). I checked coils and noticed that Sparky and a few flashers were not firing. On the board, the LED beside Fuse F6 was off. I replaced the fuse, still no dice. I checked both fuses and they are fine. Not sure where to check next, as I don't know a whole lot about board repair. All other features of the game are working fine.

I didn't see any obvious shorts inside the game, and searched pinside history for the issue to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sparky works off a magnet. Mine never really worked right when I got the game and had to make adjustments by bending stuff slightly. If you have flashers not working then that could be bigger problems. First thing I would do is manually check the fuses with a meter. Second thing would be get under the playfield and check the wiring to the parts not working. I'm not good at board stuff either but could just be a loose wire.

Yup, tried all of that. Magnet is unobscured, but with flashers not firing, it's probably something else.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I had this problem a couple of times and it turned out to be totally mechanical. Pull the playfield glass off and check to see if his head is stuck. I don't have the game in front of me but there is some sort of lip (or something) that it can get stuck upon. See if its just something as simple as that.

Thanks, but I did pull it open and the whole mech is unobscured. But also the flashers don't fire and the LED on the board for F6 does not light up, but the fuse is good.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If you hear clicking when he is supposed to move then this is most likely the fix.
Was F6 blown?

No clicking. F6 is not blown, but the indicator LED above it is also not lit. Two others are not lit with the door open, but when I pull the pin for full power, all LED indicators come on except F6.

Again, it's an issue of getting power to that column of the matrix, since sparky and a few flashers are effected, but I'm not sure what to do to repair it. Thanks.

1 week later
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did you pull out the fuse to test it or leave it in the machine?

Pulled it out. Actually replaced it first, and the tested the old on and the new one outside of the game (since that obviously wasn't the problem).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 25.50
$ 149.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sparky-not-working?tu=callmesteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.