You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B69533D5-478A-4E7F-B48E-98CF24F74064 (resized).jpeg
6BCC14ED-668F-45A3-87B3-E48F97080BBF (resized).jpeg
sparky.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I won $25 in the Mezelmods contest. I was thinking about spending it on the Sparky helmet mod.I think it looks cool but I did remember reading somewhere that it restricts his head movement. I like when the little guy fries up is it really that noticeable or did the person not have it installed correctly? I already have the snake fangs, under cab kit and tongue decal, with the cemetery mod on order. All great stuff! Just wanted opinions on the helmet.
Thanks again to mezelmods for another great contest!

#2 9 years ago

Congratulations man I also won. I the half of the grand prize I ended up ordering a set of the speaker flashers the sparky 2 wire helmet mod and some gel inserts. What was awesome is that I was also able to not only use the hundred dollar gift card but a 20% off promotional code that I got from reviewing my previous orders from them so overall I only ended up spending $18 which is pretty dang awesome

#3 9 years ago

That'shawesome! I think I have a 20 percent off coupon somewhere also. I'm curious about those gel inserts if anyone has those also.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I won $25 in the Mezelmods contest. I was thinking about spending it on the Sparky helmet mod.I think it looks cool but I did remember reading somewhere that it restricts his head movement. I like when the little guy fries up is it really that noticeable or did the person not have it installed correctly? I already have the snake fangs, under cab kit and tongue decal, with the cemetery mod on order. All great stuff! Just wanted opinions on the helmet.
Thanks again to mezelmods for another great contest!

I have the helmet mod on mine. It looks great, but you do have to attach it to the helmet sort of on the side or else it contacts the glass and restricts movement. Can get a pic if you want.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I have the helmet mod on mine. It looks great, but you do have to attach it to the helmet sort of on the side or else it contacts the glass and restricts movement. Can get a pic if you want.

A picture would be great! Does it restrict the movement when it's put on right?

#6 9 years ago

Mine's just on there with sticky tak so it comes off now and then. Other people have used hot glue, I think. Doesn't contact the glass like this.

sparky.jpgsparky.jpg
#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the picture! Does it affect the head of movement at all?

#8 9 years ago

also, do the wires light up or something? I see the kit comes with alligator clips but I wasn't sure if it got wired in or not.

#9 9 years ago

I'm sure it restricts head movement a hair, but not enough to worry about. Mine still goes all over the place. The wires do light up with electric chair hits and during the multiball start-up. They look cool, but sometimes get lost in the flashers.

#10 9 years ago

any thoughts on the color combinations? I think I'm going to order it..thinking yellow and purple but would like to hear opinions.

#11 9 years ago

No comment on the sparky wires as I avoided them for the reason you saw. Curious to see your feedback on them once you get them installed.

As for the gels. They look great. I highly recommend them, especially for the price.

#12 9 years ago

How are the gels different then say putting colored LED's in?

#13 9 years ago

Cheaper and easier. I bought my game from a friend that got it new. First time I saw the game with the colors I asked how hard it was to change the white board to the color ones. He laughed at me and said it was easy. Took him 1 min to do it. I looked at him puzzled. He lifted the PF and showed me the gels.

Will the color LED's look better? Maybe, but for the cost and simplicity I'd go gels if I was to do it all over again.

2 years later
#14 6 years ago

Hi there,
Bought this mod.
Ready to install but I don’t know how.
Can someone tell me where I plug this connect? I would appreciate a pic
Thanks

6BCC14ED-668F-45A3-87B3-E48F97080BBF (resized).jpeg6BCC14ED-668F-45A3-87B3-E48F97080BBF (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago

I believe the black wire goes to 12 volts ,like a flasher. The other two wires goes to the EL wire.

#16 6 years ago

If that is ours there are complete directions on the site.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

If that is ours there are complete directions on the site.

Yes it is yours.
I have nothing else than this plug to connect

Your installation guide says:
Locate the wiring connecting for left spotlight that shines on Sparky's face. Unplug the 2-pin connection and reconnect using the jumper harness on the end of the mod.

Where I connect the plug in this pic? Where is the connect that could fit my plug?

B69533D5-478A-4E7F-B48E-98CF24F74064 (resized).jpegB69533D5-478A-4E7F-B48E-98CF24F74064 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sparky-helmet-modopinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.