Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DCFAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I've noticed that the last few games, it seems that when I start a Sparky multiball, the magnet didn't release the ball until whacked off by another ball. I pulled apart/put back together the connector for the magnet, and I think it may be releasing now, but it's hard to tell. I feel like before it used to release before the 2nd and 3rd balls were served up. Now, both serve up, and I think it's dropping the magnet held ball before they make it through the pop bumpers. It seems to be functioning normal for the times where I up the counter, then it flings in a random direction.

When should that ball release, and is there anything else I can check? No mods to the game past cliffys, sparky airball protector, and a piece of mylar over the magnet to keep it from chipping around the PF.

Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

When should that ball release

When the animation ends and the other balls launch.

#3 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's holding too long then. Any ideas what I should check?

#4 8 years ago

If I remember correctly, mine releases the ball first and then fires the other two.

Sorry for thread jacking, but where did you get the mylar for the magnets and the Sparky protector?

#5 8 years ago

Had a similar issue on my TZ, and the magnet was actually releasing, but the ball was being held up by the playfield at that spot because the magnet had sunken down a little bit too much. I had to shim my magnet slightly to raise it back level with the playfield.

#6 8 years ago

I just fixed mine from doing this last night, mine wasn't holding on the magnet but would release SDTM becauseit was not getting any fling action off the release. I had Mylar over mine as well. I pulled the core, cleaned off all the mangled Mylar and ground down all the dimples on the core. Polished it on the wheel, reinstalled and leveled and Wham! Works perfect again with a lot of action off of hits and releases. Your mangled Mylar I would assume is your culprit and dimpled core.

#7 8 years ago

Could the balls be magnetized? I hope you did not use Silverjets.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Could the balls be magnetized? I hope you did not use Silverjets.

Agree. Sounds like a magnetic ball problem.

#9 8 years ago

the last thing you need are magnetic balls

#10 8 years ago

Spyder - mylar circle came from Pinball Life.

Pinballs are the premium ultra gloss from Pinball Life. They're the "Premium Ultra-Gloss Pinball" pinballs, at 1.50 ea, product ID "ooohhh_shiiiiny". Did I buy ones that magnetize?

Mylar looks level - "unmangled". How does one adjust the magnet height? Maybe that's my issue?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Spyder - mylar circle came from Pinball Life.
Pinballs are the premium ultra gloss from Pinball Life. They're the "Premium Ultra-Gloss Pinball" pinballs, at 1.50 ea, product ID "ooohhh_shiiiiny". Did I buy ones that magnetize?
Mylar looks level - "unmangled". How does one adjust the magnet height? Maybe that's my issue?

The balls should be ok, but it is worth trying a new set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,600 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sparky-ball-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.