4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Photopin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Photopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I recently installed a Sparkfun MP3 Trigger board on my Williams Blackout to add background music. It works great with one exception, which I can't quite figure out. I've got it set to play songs randomly after the ball is launched. I've got 45 songs on the card but it seems to keep selecting the same five or six songs randomly. I've double checked my .ini file and everything seems to be set up correct.
    I've also got a separate trigger set up to play one track for the outball. That works fine but occasionally the other trigger will pull that track to play during game play.
    I've seen posts on creating a mod like this from a few years back and I wondered if anyone had suggestions on correcting this issue.

#3 4 years ago

Yes, I took that into consideration. I'm wondering if I'm naming the files correctly. I'm only using two triggers on the board and I'm naming the files "001_filename" for the first switch then "002_filename1, 002_filename2, 002_filename3...etc" for the rest, with 'filename' being the name of the track.

#5 4 years ago

Hmm. Not much there, starting letters and length are pretty random. I'm not really seeing any pattern with tracks played and ones not playing

1 week later
    #6 4 years ago

One thing I recently discovered is the system appears to read the third digit of file names. I had files names 003, 013 and 023 and they were all playing on the #3 trigger.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Photopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sparkfun-mp3-trigger-questions?tu=Photopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.