(Topic ID: 226084)

Spare Stern parts I should have around?

By northerndude

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey folks, I now have made my second modern Stern purchase and i'm in Canada and shipping blows chunks for us. I'm heading down to Arizona in a month for a little vacay and will have parts shipped from Marco to our place so I can bring it home. I have a Transformers Pro in the basement and a Monopoly delivery coming up here.

Question. Is there some parts I should have in hand in case? What are they? A few random this and thats? Something more prone to failure?

I have some williams stuff for my WMS pins and its real nice to have some when needed.

#2 5 years ago

Coil stops and plunger assemblies for flippers.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

As an operator, I always have flipper rebuild parts on hand. A spare flipper assembly base (for both sides) as the screws that hold the coil stops like to snap off from time to time. Flipper buttons! Those things love to blow up at the worst possible time. Rubbers, LOTS of rubbers, and replacement bulbs.
Depending on how much, and how hard you play, I'd recommend having a few replacement parts for other things that can wear out, like sling shot switches, pop bumper parts, micro switches, and a set of opto's.

#4 5 years ago

Thx guys. They don't get beat up at my house, but it's mostly the difficulty in getting when needed instead of being proactive, Marco to Saskatchewan is like 3.5 weeks minumum. Marco to AZ will be like 3 days .

#5 5 years ago

I've seen more Stern flipper buttons fail on location than anything else lately......

#6 5 years ago

We are starting to see the switch actuator bracket (the thing with the white nylon piece) starting to fracture and break. So definitely at least get one left and one right plunger/link/crank assy if not full flipper rebuild kits. And lots of buttons!

Rod and Ring assy, and metal and fiber yokes for pop bumper assys.

#7 5 years ago

Balls, light bulbs and nvram as its very easy on those 2 games.

#8 5 years ago

NVram showed up last week, have some bulbs in hand and fresh balls on order!!

#9 5 years ago

something specifically for modern sterns -
the main thing I have break are those damn plastic things that push the EOS switch open, I've replaced at least 6 of those way before it was time to rebuild.

#10 5 years ago

Thx so far guys/gals. I know most of this is normal wear and tear stuff but didn't know if the newer Stern stuff was more prone to anything different. I do have an imacumalate Baywatch, so had a bit of Sega/Stern spares already

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spare-stern-parts-i-should-have-around?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.