(Topic ID: 82936)

Spare playfields: best way to store them?

By Spybryon

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Misc.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

What is the best way to store my spare playfields? I currently have them stored vertically in a closet. However I was thinking they may warp, I am getting very worried about warping the wood.

Should I keep the CPR ones onboxed? Also removed from plastic wrap? Should I be storing these horizontally instead of vertically? How do you store your spare playfields?

I could put them under my bed, or hanging them up on the wall in the garage might also be an option for me. In this case I would be putting a few wood screws through the sheetrock, probably with some heat shrink over the screw threads.

When the playfields get put into the game does the side rails help straighten them out if they are slightly off?

#2 10 years ago

Siderails and the weight of components will straighten most pfs. I have one out of about 15 that started to warp (TAF) so I just screwed some makeshift wood rails to the sides to keep it from getting worse.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for asking this question, Spybryon. I was wondering the same thing.

#4 10 years ago

Screw some "side rails" on the back of them and store them away from light.

If you screw rails on the front, the new clearcoat may glue itself to the rails.

#5 10 years ago

Probably the same way to best store vinyl records, vertically.

#6 10 years ago

Install them already!

1 year later
    #7 8 years ago

I never saw a good answer regarding if you should store them vertically, horizontally, or flat....

#8 8 years ago

Vertically with side rails attached to the back

#9 8 years ago

Playfields are basically pieces of furniture grade plywood. Hang them or lay them flat. Do not lean them for long periods of time. Above all keep them in a controlled atmosphere. with low relative humidity (your air conditioned home/shop), not your unheated garage. As long as they are not subjected to humidity/moisture they will be fine.

Misc.jpgMisc.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spare-playfields-best-way-to-store-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.