You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG6905.jpg
IMAG6904.jpg
WilliamsReel.gif
#1 9 years ago

Hey guys, I am still very much in my pinball rookie year right now. I have a Spanish Eyes machine that worked nearly flawless until I started messing around. I can't read the schematic or manual correctly apparently because I can't fix it. So I'm looking for help and here's my problem. When I press the button to start a game ALL the score reels spin in no set fashion. The motor runs continuously until the numbers happen to land on zero. But it is luck really as when a score reel spins sometimes it advances 1 sometimes it advances several numbers until it just happens to stop on zero. It just clicks that dnt, dnt, dnt, dnt, dnt pattern over and over until it luckily stops on zero or I reach in and stop it. I think before I messed around with it each "dnt" for lack of a better term moved each wheel 1 number forward until they were all at zero"? Any help is better than no help I'm learning.

#2 9 years ago

All EM games need to know when the score reel position is at zero. In order to successfully complete the start up sequence, all of the score reels are returned to zero at start up. If all score reels are not returned to zero then the score motor will continue to run, and the start up / reset sequence will not complete.
You need to ensure that the all zero position switches are open for the start up sequence to complete.

Here's a simple but clever 'Williams Score Reel' animation someone has put together, I found it on the web many years ago.

WilliamsReel.gifWilliamsReel.gif
#3 9 years ago

The machine knows when it's in zero the problem is it potentially takes awhile to find zero because it doesn't have a set pattern of clicking 1 at a time through the numbers like the diagram shows. It's like the coil pulls in the plunger to advance the reel but doesn't let go right away so the reel spins randomly and if it doesn't happen to stop on zero it'll go through again and again until it gets lucky and stops on zero

#4 9 years ago

Could be that it is a mechanical problem then. The problem reels may need to be pulled down, cleaned and checked. The backward latch behind the reel which prevents the score reel from turning backwards may need attention. Also check the EOS switch contacts are clean and gapped correctly.

#5 9 years ago

Once a reel hits "zero" by virtue of the two switches being open, the reel stops moving, even if others still have not made it to zero. One of those switches is not opening or the wiring between the switch on the reel and somewhere else on the game is shorted. Solder splash, etc.

My suggestion is to tighten the two screws on the reel switch stacks. First tighten the one closest to the contact points, the the one closest to the wires.

Then check the adjustment.

This is one of the most common EM problems there is.

#6 9 years ago

Photos per RBerlett's PM request:

Image 6904 (top photo) is the wire from top row, 5th to the left wire.
Image 6905 (bottom photo) is the bottom row, 4th to the left wire.

Both wires go the the large switch stack on the Replay/Credit Unit.
Both ID'd wires are the ones with the alligator clip attached.

IMAG6904.jpgIMAG6904.jpg IMAG6905.jpgIMAG6905.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spanish-eyes-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.