Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Boise_D
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

couldnt resist bringing home a stray pin that needed a home. I'm reading Clay's site (awesome) for help. I want to check fuses, but can't find a reference to tell what size fuses should be where. Any help is appreciated.
Also, the backbox lights worked before, but aren't now. Fuse?

I really wanted to take off the ball count unit and clean the Bakelite contacts, but there are a few other wiring things there keeping me from pulling it out.

I have two EMs, and I want to learn. Any help is appreciated.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Something not plugged in. Broken wire.

LTG : )™

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

couldnt resist bringing home a stray pin that needed a home. I'm reading Clay's site (awesome) for help. I want to check fuses, but can't find a reference to tell what size fuses should be where. Any help is appreciated.
I really wanted to take off the ball count unit and clean the Bakelite contacts, but there are a few other wiring things there keeping me from pulling it out.
I have two EMs, and I want to learn. Any help is appreciated.

Just follow clays guide. Do a systematic repair. It probably all needs doing anyway
Get a schematic from PBR

#4 4 years ago

Looks like the full manual, including schematic is on IPDB.org
Good luck!

#5 4 years ago

First thing I would do is clean all the Jones plugs. Then, if it works, check out all the functions, make a list of any feature not working. Then go through it top to bottom.
IPDB does have the manual & schematic in sections. Unless you can stitch & print it, get one from PBR, they're easier to read on one sheet of paper.

#6 4 years ago

The schematic shows all of the fuses, it is at the end of the manual on ipdb.org.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

Unless you can stitch & print it, get one from PBR, they're easier to read on one sheet of paper.

+1... when i need to use the schematic at the same time i'm working on the machine, i tape it up to the wall next to me so i can easily refer to it... having it all on one big sheet makes it much easier...

#8 4 years ago

Thanks, I'll dive in

#9 4 years ago

No back glass lights turned out to be the connectors not fully seated. Cake! Fuses were correct and good except one. Bad flipper replaced, but now it stutters. I'll go see what the Vid guide has to say about that. Interesting flippers too, the kind where the bat has a metal underneath (is that copper or brass?) Game plays and is fun. Match unit has something wrong too. Good progress, gotta keep going.

#10 4 years ago

Pick up the top DVDs 1 & 2. Both cover EM repair.

#11 4 years ago

I've got #1. Good stuff with Shaggy and Norm. I've been having fun playing Spanish Eyes tonight. But, there is still much to do.

1 week later
#12 4 years ago

Can I replace these flippers that have the soft pawl with anything else, or is it best to stick with the same type? I have a cracked plastic cap. I undid the screw to see how the cap and pawl came apart, but they're on pretty tight and I didn't want to force them. Is there an explanation of these anywhere?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 32.00
$ 8.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside