You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4687.JPG
IMG_4685.JPG
photo 3t.jpg
Spanish Eyes (1972 Williams) - vectorized.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello.

I bought a beater of a Spanish Eyes and the backglass is shot. Does anyone have a good high resolution scan of the backglass that I can take somewhere and have printed?

Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

I did.

The price, while reasonable, is about twice what I payed for the pin. It's just a beater but the BG is shot, I just want to try and get something on the backglass.

This place can print them pretty cheap if I can find the artwork. http://www.printmoz.com/backlit-posters/backlit-film

BGResto has the art on their site, but I wouldn't feel right using it and I think it might be too low rez to blow up to a larger size anyway.

http://bgresto.com/?p=877

Just hoping that someone went through this before and would let me use their art files.
Thanks!

#5 9 years ago

Link appears invalid.

#6 9 years ago

I stopped at a vinyl sign place today, they pretty much told me that if I could get it done for the price that BGRestore was charging then I should go that route, it's not something they specialize in.

I have no doubt that BGRestore would provide a quality product, it's just hard to justify putting a $200 backglass in a $100 Pin. I think once I clean it up and shop it, I would be able to get my money back out of it if I ever sold it so it's not a bad investment, just a tough pill to swallow.

#10 9 years ago

I think I eventually will get the BGResto but I'm surprising my daughter with it for Xmas and money is tight this time o year. If I gave it to her with the backglass the way it is she won't understand how it doesn't really matter. She will want to see the girl and dancers and that's the part that's gone.

I think this translight/poster will work, I just have to find some good art or scan mine. It's all just solid colors and geometric shapes so it should be easier to recreate, I'm just not the best in the graphic editing department. If all else fails I'll just use a picture of the backglass from IPDB and make the mask on the back by hand.

It will be good enough that she won't notice it. If she and the wife take a liking to it I'll get a proper replacement.

#13 9 years ago

Thank you soooooo much! PM sent!

2 weeks later
#17 9 years ago

eh?

I ended up going with an online printer on translucent vinyl, they call them backlit posters. I was able to use a low res version of the mask since it's behind the front and just lets the light through. For the front I did a combination of scanning my backglass and taking the good parts from pics off the internet. My resolution was pretty low, I scaled it up to 22.5 X 25.5 inches and it looks ok for what it is, it's not as sharp and crisp as the original. I'm supposed to get the prints on Monday so I'll know more then.

The good art parts I got from here http://bgresto.com/?p=877 and the mask I made with just black and white and lined the text for the numbers, tilt, game over etc and left white spaces for the light to shine through to the art on the front.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

? My image I sent you didn't print out well enough? Sorry to hear that.

It wasn't that, it looked great, but I couldn't get it to line up with the mask, the aspect was slightly different and I've never used this company before so I didn't know if they would bother to correct it. It's a Xmas present, so I didn't want to take any chances. I do appreciate you making it for me, and now that it's forever in this post, maybe someone else will be able to use it too. Thank you again for your help.

#21 9 years ago

I'm really impressed with the results, especially considering what I started with was pretty low rez. It's definitely a little 'softer' looking than the original because of it, but it exceeded my expectations for the price. Standard bulbs aren't bright enough to go through the mask and the front, but some frosted LED's seem to work well enough for this budget build. I'll most more pics of it lit when I'm done.

photo 3t.jpgphoto 3t.jpg
#24 9 years ago

I still have some work to do, but my daughter loved it. Family was over for xmas and it got played alot. Here's the finished result.

IMG_4685.JPGIMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4687.JPGIMG_4687.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spanish-eyes-backglass-scan?tu=NextoPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.