Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spam.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balbers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Sorry Geo, my bad. It has just been a bad day all around. My sick dogs are sicker, the company I work for with my second job just royally screwed me after being with them 7 years so I quit, and Pinside has turned into a squabbling mess. Ugh.
    I just went and had some NGG gofer-hitting therapy, so I am better now.
    And the other thread has been deleted.

No need to apologize. I am a DOD Gov't employee that will start sitting at home on Fridays due to the furlough, so I can share at least some of your pain. I am a former moderator of a popular College message board, so I hear you loud and clear with your frustration in trying to keep things civil and enjoyable for the posters here. Thanks for what you do!

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

What the heck?!?!? I have closed the account, deleted the threads, and within the last few minutes 5 more threads just showed up for the fake IDs. I've alerted the other mods to see if anyone knows what to do, but at this point I can't close an account that is already closed, yet somehow they are still posting.

Can the mods ban an IP address (that'll fix it!), or is that something only Robin can do?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Banning an IP address will not necessarily fix it. In fact, I doubt that it would. Spammers use proxies.

True, that. Persistant spammers are hard to get rid of. It's a battle of wills. I know this from experience.

#35 10 years ago

That's ok, glad to see you're on top of it. I'm not familiar with the board software here, and what privileges can or can't be done by mods and admins. You can borrow my BanHammer if you'd like!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balbers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spam-thread-please-read-report-suspicious-threads-here?tu=balbers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.