Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6400 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5241 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

I'm about to have possibly 6-7 total pins in the next month. I've always kept the pins at least 5" apart, which leaves a little bit of a gap between each pin. I've noticed some other pinsiders have their pins almost touching. I've always been paranoid about accidentally nudging a pin too hard and hitting into another pin even though it's on carpet, thus doesn't slide at all. Eventually, if I want all of the pins to fit on the same wall, I'd have to move them fairly close to each other. Just curious how others space out their pins and if there has ever really been an issue having the pins together with very little spacing?

#2 6 years ago

I think I have about two inches between backboxes.

#3 6 years ago

Even on carpet with an inch between back boxes chances are they won't touch. The back boxes themselves don't move left to right even if the front does. Your mileage may vary but I'm OCD about my games so had to check.

#4 6 years ago

Min 7-8" between my backboxes. Don't like playing patty cake with other players.

#5 6 years ago

Space allowed, of course that's ideal

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from RVApinballer:

Space allowed, of course that's ideal

Yeah I'd rather have less games than have them packed in.

#7 6 years ago

I leave enough space that I can slide in between them and make adjustments and whatnot. At one time I had more and it was just a pita to work on anything. Bunches of pins are nice but so is a little breathing room.

#8 6 years ago

It depends on the area you are placing them. I like to space my pins so I can work on them without pulling them out. If you have limited space there is not much you can do. I also like extra space just to give people space to play. Some players get quite animated and I like to make sure everyone has some space. It all depends on what you have to work with.

#9 6 years ago

You can do fine with 3"-4" between backboxes, but if you have the luxury to put a little more space between, it's nice. You just don't want your backboxes hitting on big save moves and you don't want to slap hands with players next to you.

#10 6 years ago

Of course more space between is better! In my case it was Tron or no Tron. I chose Tron. If I have a bigger space one day I'll be even more glad I chose Tron.

Just saying that, if you have to pack a couple close together, it can work. I don't tend to host big groups so it's never an issue at my house.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

It depends on the area you are placing them. I like to space my pins so I can work on them without pulling them out. If you have limited space there is not much you can do. I also like extra space just to give people space to play. Some players get quite animated and I like to make sure everyone has some space. It all depends on what you have to work with.

I'd prefer space between the pins, but I also don't want to split up the pins and use 2 different walls. First world probs.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

I'd prefer space between the pins, but I also don't want to split up the pins and use 2 different walls. First world probs.

Get rid of the walls

#13 6 years ago

6" min between backboxes, more is better. You can't appreciate the cabinet art if they are too close together, and touching hands with the person playing the game next to you is icky.

#14 6 years ago

I'm addicted, so I squeezed in as many pins as I could.
    I have about 2" of space between each pin.

IMG_5241 (resized).JPGIMG_5241 (resized).JPG

IMG_6400 (resized).JPGIMG_6400 (resized).JPG

#15 6 years ago

Whatever amount of space you have available, divided by the number of spaces betwixt games.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

I've always been paranoid about accidentally nudging a pin too hard and hitting into another pin even though it's on carpet, thus doesn't slide at all.

I can tell you it does not happen much and i have been known to move them games quite a buit

#16 6 years ago

That two inches of space between them add's up by the time you get to the other end of a row of twenty games. I'd cut it down to no more then 1/2" between them and fit one more game in that row.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spacing-between-multiple-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.