chest_burster_highres.jpg
druidia_highres.jpg
yogurt_highres.jpg
playfield_rear_highres.jpg
playfield_high_res.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190713_195516 (resized).jpg
Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
20190615_163152 (resized).jpg
20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
playfieldlayout (resized).jpg
all_cab_art (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbrick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 10 years ago

Great stuff Rosh - thanks for sharing your wisdom, which I'm sure is the result of a WHOLE LOT of work! Even though my dream of building my own pinball machine will probably never make it past the dream stage, I still found it fascinating.

The sketch is looking good WolfMarsh. I like the in-line drop target idea too.

2 months later
#196 10 years ago

Wow you're making good progress on the design, Wolfmarsh! Love the cover page of your document!
SmallCoverPic.jpgSmallCoverPic.jpg

Obviously it's early in the process but I worry that the third level of Mega Maid multiball might be impossible to reach if you have to hit the five drop targets in order, at least if they are laid out parallel to the shooter lane as in your earlier sketch... If you have enough room when you're laying out the playfield, you might want to try angling them toward the flippers a little bit.

Don't worry, once you get the whitewood up and running I'll be over there all the time play-testing it for you and helping you work out these little nuances....

#215 10 years ago

I watched Spaceballs with my 11 year-old son last night (first time he had seen it and first time in years for me) and noticed not one but two different real pinball machines in background scenes: Space Invaders and Night Rider.

A quick search reveals that (of course) there is a website containing that obscure fact:
http://www.pingeek.com/film/film3.htm

Coincidence or just a sign of the ultimate power of the Schwartz that flows through the entire galaxy?

My son and I agreed that the best scene in the movie was the alien vaudeville act - definitely has to be well represented in the pin.

8 months later
#257 9 years ago

How cool is that? "I could use something to hold my LED board under an insert for testing - oh I'll just imagine one in this software and then create it out of thin air" (well, and a spool of plastic).

We are now officially living in the future!!!

8 months later
#306 8 years ago

The mount for the voltage displays came out really nice. Good thought to angle it backwards for easy viewing.

I love the "Spaceballs - the Bracket" idea too! Every part you print should have something like "Spaceballs - the upper-left playfield support mounting plate" or "Spaceballs - the number 18 RGB LED insert board".

7 months later
#493 7 years ago

SPACEBALLS!!!

#497 7 years ago

Yes, I love "May The Schwartz Be With You" on the backbox!

You're moving at Ludicrous Speed now!

ludicrous_speed_(resized).jpgludicrous_speed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbrick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaceballs-the-pin?tu=badbrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.