Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 854 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chest_burster_highres.jpg
    druidia_highres.jpg
    yogurt_highres.jpg
    playfield_rear_highres.jpg
    playfield_high_res.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190713_195516 (resized).jpg
    Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
    20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
    20190615_163152 (resized).jpg
    20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
    playfieldlayout (resized).jpg
    all_cab_art (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VacFink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#297 6 years ago

Keep an eye out for the catalog from the auction house, it should be full of highly detailed reference photos. I make prop replicas and scour these and a few others for just these kind of resources.

6 months later
    #446 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I got the higher power steppers with my x-carve, but the controller board wasn't adjusted properly from their warehouse. It was set for the lower power steppers.

Did you replace the rails to make it work for a full length playfield? If so, did you have to adjust or make changes to the software to make it work?

I'd like to pick on up, but figured I'd have to cut new end caps and create a jig to move the playfield to cut the entire thing if the rails couldn't be extended and that might be more pain that its worth.

1 month later
    #469 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here are the parts we used for the extension, I think I got them all. Price was about $250 for the extra parts

Thanks much for sharing that detail. It looks easier than expected, glad too. that really makes the xcarve a best bet. Can't wait to get one of my own.

1 week later
    #485 5 years ago

That multi-ball setup makes me think of this scene

SpaceBallsassholesmultiball_(resized).JPG

5 months later
    #514 5 years ago

Glad to see work continues. If you peel the paper off one side of the board and you can get a more smoother curve in the foam core.

Don't berate your first effort too much, that's why we white wood. I know when i do mine, I might be in love with it, but certain that will only be because I suck at pinball and made all of the shots too easy.

Remember in the end the more effort and pain, then the bigger the reward when your finally done.

#517 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I know that's just a test ramp, but if it works out well and you want something nicer you should just 3d print a ramp in sections (so it fits in the printer), that's what I intend to do:
    http://homebrewpinball.blogspot.com/2016/08/3d-printed-ramp.html

I wonder how well these would hold up over time. I have a large vacuum forming machine and so expected to mold mine. However if 3D printed in sections, you could possibly replace worn or broken sections instead of the entire ramp. I think for pro-typing its a interesting place to start.

I also want to try our making a spot welder and try this to make some wire form parts.

the Rostock Max delta 3D printer seems a good path to being able to make larger sections or entire ramps.

https://www.seemecnc.com/products/rostock-max-complete-kit

4 months later
    #552 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Donatello is standing in for the chest burster for testing.

"RIP John Hurt" Strange that these come up the same day.

"John Hurt, 'Elephant Man' Star And Character Actor, Dies At 77 - Hurt received Academy Award nominations for his work in Midnight Express in 1978 and David Lynch's The Elephant Man in 1980, but may be best remembered for his death-by-parasite-birth in Ridley Scott's Alien, a scene he comedically reprised several years later in Mel Brooks' Spaceballs."

Kinda nice to see that great comic moment at the center of his legacy now gets carried on in Pinball too. Keep up the good work Wolf.

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Next step is to do a couple more coats of clear with sanding in between.

exciting progress, looks like feedback and additional design time is showing gains. Can't wait to see the populated playfield and some play video.

3 months later
    #593 4 years ago

Great news! Looking forward to seeing the push and the results

1 week later
    #599 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If it all goes well we will be putting in the playfield tonight and potentially powering it on.

Keep on chuggin' along. Share when you can I'm excited to see progress.

#630 4 years ago

congrats, enjoy the show and look forward to hearing how its celebrated. Lots of hard work to get there. Great job!

#632 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing updates from the show when your back.

9 months later
    #685 3 years ago

Wolfmarsh , thought you might like this one

New Spaceballs Poster over on Hero Complex by Kevin Wilson/Ape meets girl.

https://hcgart.com/collections/eastereggs/products/spaceballs-the-poster-by-kevin-m-wilson-ape-meets-girl

#690 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is awesome thanks! I'm gonna forward that to my wife for possible gifting

You might tip your hat not to dally. They are limited runs and wondercon was this weekend. They usually sell out too, Monsterpolooza which is in April.

1 month later
    3 months later
    #744 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ugh I know. I'm open to suggestions. I tried a bunch of layouts with the word and this was the best looking.

I'd even be open to changing it out for a different mode.

Merch n' dyson upgrade megamaid to win

Megamerch

or just

Spaceballs
    the merch

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VacFink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside