chest_burster_highres.jpg
druidia_highres.jpg
yogurt_highres.jpg
playfield_rear_highres.jpg
playfield_high_res.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190713_195516 (resized).jpg
Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
20190615_163152 (resized).jpg
20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
playfieldlayout (resized).jpg
all_cab_art (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Was watching the movie and noticed an EM in the back ground during the alien scene. What game is it?

Night Rider.

Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg

2 months later
#279 9 years ago

New assembly is way nicer, so much smoother. Still a great concept.

1 month later
#289 9 years ago

Tell you what, my wife and I toasted the end of cookie selling season the other night.

That's awesome, I sent that photo to her.

#292 9 years ago

My wife is the troop leader, we don't turn in money, we receive it. Since I work from home I'm always answering the door for that, or during selling season hooking up various people from the stash in the garage. So glad that's done.

Until next year ...

Hey, the things we do for our kids though. Can't be doing pinball all the time!

8 months later
#388 8 years ago

You should talk with Scott Denasi, he's got an x-carve and it using it to cut a playfield. But he's doing it in two passes, instead of going with bigger rails, for the time being at least.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He's still messing around with it, but yea he'd probably be the cheapest once he starts taking on real jobs. You'd still have to install your own inserts, print the playfield, and get it clearcoated. The other services out there would deliver a completed playfield.

Oh, I meant Wolfmarsh, not anyone looking for a service.

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I'd buy a few first and get more familiar with their guts and troubleshooting before embarking on a full scratch build. Such a huge undertaking.

Huge is right. Take it from someone in the belly of the beast, there's just a shitload of work that goes into making a pin. Not saying don't do it, it's a great project, just understand that you're taking on a serious amount of work. And if you're doing it alone instead of with a team? Years.

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Totally Disagree! Multiple people have created complete machines by themselves in year or two.

Well we're splitting hairs here, when I say "years" and you say a year or two we're not really talking about different things. I would content that someone who has no knowledge about building pinballs is unlikely to build their first machine from scratch in less than two years. Unless they were free to quit their job, do it full time, and really did a crash course into what it took. Programming, sound and music design, art, all the things that aren't even part of the mechanical build, it's not an easy thing for one person to do solo.

It's not *that* complicated, just a lot of parts to it. But to do it right is a ton of work, as you well know. And I'm not trying to discourage anyone to be clear! More pinball is great. But I think if you're a newb you might want to take it slightly slower, get your feet wet first. Was just trying to set expectations.

Quoted from rosh:

So, have you now started on your own game, or is this in reference to your work with heighway?

Talking Alien, nothing will happen with me messing with my own ideas until it's shipping, assuming I'm not burned out on creating pinball by then (I doubt I will be!). This week has been super busy on the game, a lot of meetings and problem solving. Some of it would actually be way easier solo, no need to come to a consensus on things. But then you think about all the work that other people are doing that you don't have to, and realize what an undertaking the whole thing is.

#407 8 years ago

I want to recommend that Wolfmarsh post something to bring us back on topic!

To get us starting here's a photo from Scott Denasi using his X-Carve to work on a playfield.

20151128_141538.jpg20151128_141538.jpg

1 year later
#620 6 years ago

Amazing, love love love seeing this progress, making a pin is so much damn work, you can't appreciate it until you're in the thick of it. You're kicking ass!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaceballs-the-pin?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.