chest_burster_highres.jpg
druidia_highres.jpg
yogurt_highres.jpg
playfield_rear_highres.jpg
playfield_high_res.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190713_195516 (resized).jpg
Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
20190615_163152 (resized).jpg
20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
playfieldlayout (resized).jpg
all_cab_art (resized).jpg
There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

glad to see things are turning around.

Thanks! 2018 has been a tough year in this house, but things are definitely getting better.

Really looking forward to some family and pinball time over the holidays. Once I get Spaceballs done the focus shifts to Rick & Morty.

#752 5 years ago

The Amigos could take a lesson in neat cabling from you, for sure!

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

PLEASE
...Tell me someone is making a Three Amigos pinball.

#754 5 years ago

Yeah, sort of a Junk Yard kind of thing where they need to get hold of donor machines and scrap to build pinballs. And with road trips, whiskey hoarding, racking up days without incidents for bonus... There is so much material already!!

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

PLEASE
...Tell me someone is making a Three Amigos pinball.

Nah, referring to the Pinball Amigos. The guys doing Minions and Crazy Mansion

3 Amigos would be fun though!

#756 5 years ago

Got the current playfield completely stripped, getting ready to start putting everything on the new one.

An explosion of parts all over what is normally the CNC router.

partseverywhere (resized).jpgpartseverywhere (resized).jpg

Comparison of the current playfield that I just stripped on the left, and the new one on the right.

newplayfieldcomparison (resized).jpgnewplayfieldcomparison (resized).jpg

#757 5 years ago

Two tone... nice

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Two tone... nice

Light/dark side of the Schwartz

2 months later
#760 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Yup,next level cabling,totally agree!

3 months later
#761 4 years ago

Been a while since I posted, but I've been working very steadily toward having the game finished in time for SFGE in Atlanta in July.

The latest playfield is in the game and 100% working, I am working through all the code now.

Here is my latest revision of the cabinet art.

all_cab_art (resized).jpgall_cab_art (resized).jpg
#762 4 years ago

Looking great! Can't wait to see the playfield art.

Unfortunately, living in Denmark, i'll probably never get to play it. But it really is something of a dream theme for me!

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Been a while since I posted, but I've been working very steadily toward having the game finished in time for SFGE in Atlanta in July.
The latest playfield is in the game and 100% working, I am working through all the code now.
Here is my latest revision of the cabinet art. [quoted image]

Just curious did you go with a repurposed bally/williams board setup or something other like heighway pinball did with computer for your hardware?

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Just curious did you go with a repurposed bally/williams board setup or something other like heighway pinball did with computer for your hardware?

I used the FAST pinball hardware (http://fastpinball.com/) and the Mission Pinball Framework software (http://missionpinball.org/). It does have a computer inside it running Windows and MPF.

Quoted from Phantasize:

Looking great! Can't wait to see the playfield art.
Unfortunately, living in Denmark, i'll probably never get to play it. But it really is something of a dream theme for me!

I'll post the playfield art in the next few weeks. Art is my weakest skill by far as you can tell, so don't expect anything amazing. It'll be what I am capable of and I'll just be happy with that.

Hopefully for those who never get to play it in person, I can post some videos to share all the fun things I think are in it. This is my very first game design too, so it might be like the superbowl where it's better to see it on TV than actually be there, hahahaha.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I used the FAST pinball hardware (http://fastpinball.com/) and the Mission Pinball Framework software (http://missionpinball.org/). It does have a computer inside it running Windows and MPF.

I'll post the playfield art in the next few weeks. Art is my weakest skill by far as you can tell, so don't expect anything amazing. It'll be what I am capable of and I'll just be happy with that.
Hopefully for those who never get to play it in person, I can post some videos to share all the fun things I think are in it. This is my very first game design too, so it might be like the superbowl where it's better to see it on TV than actually be there, hahahaha.

Very cool for sure. I'm sure it will be great however it turns out. Hell theres no way I could ever pull something like this off. Major props to you and I cannot wait to see some live video of it.

3 weeks later
#766 4 years ago

Welp, the time has come for me just to go with what I've got for the playfield art. I think it turned out great for my first attempt. The upper areas of the playfield are intentionally pretty empty and dark.

Feedback is welcomed, I am ordering it from the printer later tonight after some final tweaks.

playfieldlayout (resized).jpgplayfieldlayout (resized).jpg
#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Welp, the time has come for me just to go with what I've got for the playfield art. I think it turned out great for my first attempt. The upper areas of the playfield are intentionally pretty empty and dark.
Feedback is welcomed, I am ordering it from the printer later tonight after some final tweaks.[quoted image]

thats not half bad.. theres always more you could add but it looks clean

#768 4 years ago

This game is gonna be awesome, hope I can put my hands on it one day.

Feedback on art:

Maybe add some milky way wispy type trails through the shots/behind the stars to sauce it up a bit?

It would be cool if you could do stars like this poster. This pattern may help your tractor beam blend in a little better too.

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/v22vodart/10115/p10115_v_v8_aj.jpg

Other than that, looks great.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This game is gonna be awesome, hope I can put my hands on it one day.
Feedback on art:
Maybe add some milky way wispy type trails through the shots/behind the stars to sauce it up a bit?
It would be cool if you could do stars like this poster. This pattern may help your tractor beam blend in a little better too.
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/v22vodart/10115/p10115_v_v8_aj.jpg
Other than that, looks great.

Thanks for the feedback! I will see what I can do to incorporate some of this, I especially like the idea of putting in some wispy trails and stuff!

#770 4 years ago

keep the updates coming!

how would this ever have a chance at replication?

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from krispyk577:

how would this ever have a chance at replication?

It doesn't as far as I'm concerned.

If it does, it won't be by my hands. I've got two new custom games waiting after this one is done.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It doesn't as far as I'm concerned.
If it does, it won't be by my hands. I've got two new custom games waiting after this one is done.

Make.
Extra.
Playfields.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Make.
Extra.
Playfields.

Maybe in a future time, in a galaxy not that far away, I could see something......

For now, I've made a self-imposed deadline to finish Supernatural pinball in time for the 15th season/series end. I've got to get cranking on it as soon as Spaceballs is done.

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Maybe in a future time, in a galaxy not that far away, I could see something......
For now, I've made a self-imposed deadline to finish Supernatural pinball in time for the 15th season/series end. I've got to get cranking on it as soon as Spaceballs is done.

Okay, okay.

1 week later
#775 4 years ago

All the art is printed and here.

20190612_133542 (resized).jpg20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
#776 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

All the art is printed and here. [quoted image]

Dude!
Sweet!!
Greetings from the Pinball Amigos

#777 4 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait to see it all together!!

#778 4 years ago

Looks great!
5 years... my how time flies.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Feedback is welcomed, I am ordering it from the printer later tonight after some final tweaks.[quoted image]

"12345" targets should be "P" "L" "A" "I" "D"

#780 4 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Quoted from Hobbypinball:

The ramp goes to plaid. Just shoot it 4 times.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

1-2-3-4-5? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard of in my life! That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

Makes perfect sense on the Druidian Air Shield though.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

All the art is printed and here

Please take good video of gameplay this year

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Please take good video of gameplay this year

I actually bought some streaming gear in hopes of taking some good video, mainly for me to be able to review gameplay for bugs, but I'll definitely share the videos and some live streams.

If you are ever in the area you know you have an invite too.

#784 4 years ago

Only one game no copies. Didn't see the great yogurt in playfield art guess to see him in it your doing Spaceballs two the quest for more money then will have yogurt on it ?

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Only one game no copies. Didn't see the great yogurt in playfield art guess to see him in it your doing Spaceballs two the quest for more money then will have yogurt on it ?

Yogurt is over on the right about mid way up, shooting his flamethrower. He has a whole target and scoop.

#786 4 years ago

Head art is on.

20190615_163152 (resized).jpg20190615_163152 (resized).jpg20190615_163206 (resized).jpg20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
#787 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Head art is on. [quoted image][quoted image]

I am so impressed how some of these home brews look realist. Nice job.

#788 4 years ago

real nice work mate

#789 4 years ago

I some how missed that in picture on playfeild art guess at 1am you tend to miss a few things every so often

#790 4 years ago

Cabinet art is on!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#791 4 years ago

Wow, been watching this thread for a while and with the art it's really coming together now!

#792 4 years ago

Same with what has been said... Love seeing the art and this whole game coming together! Well done... keep it up!

#793 4 years ago

Thanks! More pics and video to come as all the final reassembly goes on. The playfield art is up next.

#794 4 years ago

I love seeing this thread back from the dead - Great work Wolfmarsh!

#795 4 years ago

Following

#796 4 years ago

The head and cabinet are completely reassembled.

Working on the playfield now.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#797 4 years ago

"Why didn't anyone tell me my ASS was so big!"

Gotta work that in somewhere...

Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpgWhy+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The head and cabinet are completely reassembled.
Working on the playfield now.[quoted image]

spaceballs the lift table?

#799 4 years ago

Amazing job

#800 4 years ago

Looking great, John!

There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaceballs-the-pin/page/16?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.