chest_burster_highres.jpg
druidia_highres.jpg
yogurt_highres.jpg
playfield_rear_highres.jpg
playfield_high_res.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190713_195516 (resized).jpg
Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
20190615_163152 (resized).jpg
20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
playfieldlayout (resized).jpg
all_cab_art (resized).jpg
There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
#651 6 years ago

I almost pissed myself when the Alien danced in the back. The concept and ideas are fantastic.So impressed!

#652 6 years ago

Yeah, this is amazing. "Check"

#653 6 years ago

Dude.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I almost pissed myself when the Alien danced in the back. The concept and ideas are fantastic.So impressed!

Same here, loved the alien. It takes a lot for my wife to smile at anything pinball-related, but that did it. Very cool.

#655 6 years ago

Congratulations Wolfmarsh, very interesting ideas and amazing quality for one of my dream themes.
The only problem is that you killed the (very) small chance that a manufacturer create a pinball on this theme one day or another.

#656 6 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words!

The chestburster will get better too, the motion is kinda clunky sometimes.

I'll finally have it playable at SFGE in 2018! After like 2 years of bringing a box of lights, hahahaha.

Right now I'm working on the big Spaceball One modes with the physical ball lock and the under-playfield toy.

I recently hired a voice artist on fiverr.com to record a bunch of standard pinball sayings, like "Jackpot", "Super Jackpot", "Ridiculous Jackpot", "Ludicrous Jackpot", etc... so the sounds are starting to come together as well.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

The only problem is that you killed the (very) small chance that a manufacturer create a pinball on this theme one day or another.

Nah, I don't think so.

Per the agreement with George Lucas, George only gave Spaceballs his blessing if there was no merchandising (mainly action figures) to compete with Star Wars merchandise. I'm not sure how that agreement migrated over to Disney, if that was just a gentleman's agreement or an actual contract, or if any of that that would cover pinball machines. But for that reason alone, there could be roadblock for an actual production game. Note that no books, comics, toys, puzzles, lunchboxes, or anything like that was ever produced for Spaceballs

Second, when Keith Elwin joined Stern, anything having to do with his homebrew Archer game was taken down. I don't know if that means an Archer game is in the works, or if Stern just doesn't want employees having personal projects out in the open.

Third, Spooky picked up Scott Danesi's Total Nuclear Annihilation game for production.

A homebrew game like this is just a personal project. If a manufacturer wants to produce it or something else with the same theme badly enough, it will happen.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A homebrew game like this is just a personal project. If a manufacturer wants to produce it or something else with the same theme badly enough, it will happen.

Case in point... We announced our custom Batman66 game before Stern announced theirs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holy-pinball-batman

I could make a joke about who will have more complete code by end of year..... but I won't.

#659 6 years ago

Question to Wolfmarsh:

How do you plan to do the art on the final PF? Print on vinyl? Direct print?

(apologies if you have already mentioned this somewhere)

#660 6 years ago

https://www.flixbrewhouse.com/carmel/film-info/spaceballs

Checking this out tonight and made me think of this thread. I know it's a chain so maybe there is a local showing by some other pinsiders as well.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

https://www.flixbrewhouse.com/carmel/film-info/spaceballs
Checking this out tonight and made me think of this thread. I know it's a chain so maybe there is a local showing by some other pinsiders as well.

That's cool! I wish there was a showing near me, I'd definitely go!

If you think of any things for the game after watching the movie, please pass them on!

#662 6 years ago

This is jut great work. One of my favorite movies and shaping up to be one of my favorite pins.

#663 6 years ago

This is awesome, great work!!!

#664 6 years ago

Wow!
Ludicrous awesome!

#665 6 years ago

Such an amazing idea and the execution so far is awesome !

#666 6 years ago

Thanks Everyone!

I'll take another video this weekend, the modes are starting to come together with sounds and graphics and stuff.

This is the super fun part!

#667 6 years ago

I'm super excited for the playfield art

2 weeks later
#668 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm super excited for the playfield art

That is the hardest stuff and can potentially make your pin legend if done right.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

That is the hardest stuff and can potentially make your pin legend if done right.

Yeah, I'll be honest it's the part I'm most worried about. I'm just going to push forward through it and see what I come up with. I know it's my weakest area, so hopefully I can tap into some of that Pinside art criticism and eventually make it decent.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah, I'll be honest it's the part I'm most worried about. I'm just going to push forward through it and see what I come up with. I know it's my weakest area, so hopefully I can tap into some of that Pinside art criticism and eventually make it decent.

It will be amazing, my friend.....You have done exceptional work so far, no reason to believe the rest wont follow!

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I could make a joke about who will have more complete code by end of year..... but I won't.

You just did.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah, I'll be honest it's the part I'm most worried about.

+1 this. I have a general idea what I want to do with Voltron's playfield art but... that part is terrifying. It's easy to come up with cabinet art for me, but the playfield.....there's a fine line between too busy and too sparse, and I have a feeling my personal tastes tend towards the "too busy" (Metallica, Farfalla both have some of my favorite PF art and they're just loaded to the gills with stuff everywhere..) side of things.

#672 6 years ago

Lots of inspiration from a few images here.

Oh and for the end of game sequence can it say something about Stay Tuned for Spceballs 2: The Search for More Money.....

IMG_2444 (resized).JPGIMG_2444 (resized).JPG
IMG_2445 (resized).JPGIMG_2445 (resized).JPG
IMG_2446 (resized).JPGIMG_2446 (resized).JPG

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's how the hard parts work...keep pushing forward..you can do it.

#674 6 years ago

I got some time on spaceballs this weekend. I think everyone will be pretty happy when wolfmarsh brings it to sfge next year. The guy he got for the callouts sounds very professional. The rules are pretty early on, but already have some neat nuance and depth. I would be surprised if wolfmarsh doesn't have a handful of guys begging him to build them one after sfge 2018.

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I would be surprised if wolfmarsh doesn't have a handful of guys begging him to build them one after sfge 2018.

Why wait? I want to be the first in line! Love the theme and it looks very promising!

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I got some time on spaceballs this weekend. I think everyone will be pretty happy when wolfmarsh brings it to sfge next year. The guy he got for the callouts sounds very professional. The rules are pretty early on, but already have some neat nuance and depth. I would be surprised if wolfmarsh doesn't have a handful of guys begging him to build them one after sfge 2018.

Thanks for all the play testing, I have a lot more work to go, lol.

I've got one more revision of the playfield to cut because I'm not happy with some of the geometry and mechs. I'll be swapping out the saucer for a gottlieb kick back target, and I'll be changing the way the shots on either side of Spaceball One work. I had intended for a cool mini-orbit, but it kinda sucks the way I designed it, and the Star Wars mini orbit under the death star does it so much better.

I'm going to be doing the playfield cut later this month, and it will take me a month or two to get the playfield prepped and cleared. Then I'll have to move everything over to the new one. That part shouldn't be too bad, since I've already gone through that 4 times now.

Hopefully I can have playfield art ready by then and can go ahead and apply it too.

#677 6 years ago

I recently returned to pinside after a two year break and I'm very happy to see this project still has legs!
Good Job Wolf!

#678 6 years ago

Hope you have a parriaire multiball, however you spell it.

Hit the luggage combination to start multi ball lock.

So much to pull from.

Is there a raspberry jam target?

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Thanks for all the play testing, I have a lot more work to go, lol.

I wish i clocked more time on it.. way too many distractions in the wolfmarsh factory.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Hope you have a parriaire multiball, however you spell it.
Hit the luggage combination to start multi ball lock.
So much to pull from.
Is there a raspberry jam target?

The answer to all of those is yes.

Quoted from Kneissl:

I wish i clocked more time on it.. way too many distractions in the wolfmarsh factory.

Next rev we will spend a lot more weekends playing, once all the geometry is fixed up. I always have so much stuff I want to show you guys, hahaha.

#681 6 years ago

It would be nice to add the spaceballs white hekmet and have it open like a cracked egg just to puul sterns leg. Or just have the ball go through it somehow...star wars / stern parody at its finest

4 months later
#682 6 years ago

Hey Wolfmarsh, any progress?

#683 6 years ago

It's been really slow here over the past few months. October - January for me is usually slammed with not a lot of free time, doubly so this year due to some personal things going on.

I've updated the playfield CAD with all the final changes, just need to unearth my CNC router and get it cut.

What free time I did have, I might have spent working on Rick & Morty pinball....

4 weeks later
#684 6 years ago

This is too cool, too cool man!!

1 month later
#685 6 years ago

Wolfmarsh , thought you might like this one

New Spaceballs Poster over on Hero Complex by Kevin Wilson/Ape meets girl.

https://hcgart.com/collections/eastereggs/products/spaceballs-the-poster-by-kevin-m-wilson-ape-meets-girl

#686 6 years ago

Are you going to do an escape pod mode.

“Come back you fat bearded bitch”

#687 6 years ago

Wolfmarsh has my vote for best pinside topic.
Would love a spaceballs pin.

I have a Dark Helmet costume and custom Dark Helmet action figure.

FB_IMG_1521817150275 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521817150275 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1521817065661 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521817065661 (resized).jpg

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

wolfmarsh , thought you might like this one

New Spaceballs Poster over on Hero Complex by Kevin Wilson/Ape meets girl.

This is awesome thanks! I'm gonna forward that to my wife for possible gifting.

Quoted from mmr61184:

Are you going to do an escape pod mode.

Yes, definitely!! It's one of the big multiball modes.

Quoted from boost:Would love a spaceballs pin.

I have a Dark Helmet costume and custom Dark Helmet action figure.

OMG DUDE!!!! That Dark Helmet costume is so badass!!! The action figure is great too!!! Any time you are in the area you are welcome to stop by and check out the game, it's coming along nicely I think, just haven't had much time to post anything or work on it in the past couple of months.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think you also need one of these:

Oh hell yeah, that's awesome.

Can't wait to show you all what I've got going on next with this game.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is awesome thanks! I'm gonna forward that to my wife for possible gifting

You might tip your hat not to dally. They are limited runs and wondercon was this weekend. They usually sell out too, Monsterpolooza which is in April.

4 weeks later
1 week later
#695 5 years ago

Hey Wolfy I just moved back to Charleston. Tough finding people to shoot with. Mind if I come test out Spaceballs?

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

Hey Wolfy I just moved back to Charleston. Tough finding people to shoot with. Mind if I come test out Spaceballs?

I don't mind at all!

Right now the game is tucked away and in the process of being updated, but give me a few weeks and I'll have you out to play test.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't mind at all!
Right now the game is tucked away and in the process of being updated, but give me a few weeks and I'll have you out to play test.

You da man.

#698 5 years ago

Very cool project. Love Spaceballs. I enjoyed reading through and am glad you shared the build process.

I keep dreaming of making my own game. I'm surprised the 48V supply can handle it all with such a low current. What coils are you using for the flippers?

I was planning on using FL-11629 which are 4 ohm. That would be 12.5A each at 50V, or 25A for both at the same time. I've already designed up my own custom built 50V supply that can do 35A but now I'm thinking maybe that was overkill, by a whole heck of a lot xD

#699 5 years ago

ZOMG!!!!!

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/rick-moranis-spaceballs-dark-helmet-goldbergs

Quoted from Geomancer:

What coils are you using for the flippers?

The same coils you are looking at, FL-11629.

#700 5 years ago

I think one of my favourite things about this project is the great theme integration. I can just imagine it out of shot to the right in the merchandising scene of the movie:

There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaceballs-the-pin/page/14?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.