Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

356E7A40-E9FD-4026-B37F-212495252E22 (resized).jpeg
DC39B3C3-FE36-41C4-96BB-DFDADF4B8BF6 (resized).png
8F1B2585-08B6-4145-9875-E6ECE2C052FB (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Hey guys. I bought a Space time and once you start a game it never ends. When you go though all 5 balls and the game over light turns on, it kicks another ball out, Tunnel motor continues to run, and u can keep goin. What should i be looking for? I have downloaded the schematic but not sure where to start. Thanks for the help.

#2 2 years ago

So you are caught in a space time continuum

Sorry, couldn't help myself
(I don't know anything about that game; however, I would guess an issue with the ball counter. If so, as each ball is played, a solenoid fires advancing the counter. Perhaps an issue with the last position. So, I would manually advance the counter to the end and see which contacts are connected and (therefore, which circuits closed). Check the wires associated with those contacts to see if there one that goes to the end of game relay (I assume if you manually trip the end of game relay, it shuts down properly. )

#3 2 years ago

From the manual...

When the last eligible player's last ball returns to the outhole, the
outhole relay switch will advance the ball count unit, thru the #3 score
motor switch, and the game-over interlock relay trip coil will be
energized thru the ball count unit disc and the game is completed.

You need to trace this sequence through and see what’s failing. I’m guessing the game over interlock isn’t triggering (but check it). If this is the case then check the ball count unit and motor switch above.

#4 2 years ago

Since the Game Over light comes on, the Ball Count stepper is making it to the correct position, and the Game Over interlock relay's trip coil is activating. Check this switch on the Game Over relay that has a Yellow&Black wire on one terminal, and make sure it's opening.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Since the Game Over light comes on, the Ball Count stepper is making it to the correct position, and the Game Over interlock relay's trip coil is activating. Check this switch on the Game Over relay that has a Yellow&Black wire on one terminal, and make sure it's opening.
[quoted image]

That was it. There was also a piece of paper between the coil and the plate to make it move further. As u can see, the plastic piece that holds the switch blades has melted the slot for the game over relay. Anyone know where to get a new or used one.
Thanks again for the help.

8F1B2585-08B6-4145-9875-E6ECE2C052FB (resized).jpeg8F1B2585-08B6-4145-9875-E6ECE2C052FB (resized).jpegDC39B3C3-FE36-41C4-96BB-DFDADF4B8BF6 (resized).pngDC39B3C3-FE36-41C4-96BB-DFDADF4B8BF6 (resized).png
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

where to get a new or used one

ebay.com link: itm

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

ebay.com link: itm

Thanks a bunch, it has been ordered.

2 weeks later
#8 2 years ago

Hey guys I got another question. I received the game over coil assembly. I took mine apart and installed the new plastic piece that the switch blades slide into. seems as if something else is going on now. Bare with me on this.

When I turn the game on I can actuate the game over relay stack and I can get power that flows through the switch. When i press the left flipper button and the GI turns on, according to the schematic it looks as if that activates the lock relay. At this point I can move the game over relay but no power. I can push the start button, the score reels reset but now a ball does not kick out and all mechanics have no power.

Any ideas?

356E7A40-E9FD-4026-B37F-212495252E22 (resized).jpeg356E7A40-E9FD-4026-B37F-212495252E22 (resized).jpeg
#9 2 years ago

sounds like the switch you were having issues with isn't closed when the game over relay is reset/untripped ... or the reset relay is still powered.

tmi below
------------

when you turn the game on, if the game over relay is not already tripped it should immediately trip.

if it doesn't, check switch on lock relay with yellow and green/red wires. Should be closed when lock relay unpowered.

you're right that the flipper button is one way to power the lock relay. If you use the flipper button, at this point some lights come on but the game over relay is still tripped.

time for a coin or replay button push. The score reels reset and the game over relay should be reset (untripped). The reset relay should be unpowered.

once the reset relay unpowers, the outhole relay should be powered and the outhole kicker sends the ball over to the shooter.

#10 2 years ago

Im pretty new to EM schematics, would you be able to number the sequence on the schematic for me so I can see the flow?

Quoted from baldtwit:

sounds like the switch you were having issues with isn't closed when the game over relay is reset/untripped ... or the reset relay is still powered.
tmi below
------------
when you turn the game on, if the game over relay is not already tripped it should immediately trip.
if it doesn't, check switch on lock relay with yellow and green/red wires. Should be closed when lock relay unpowered.
you're right that the flipper button is one way to power the lock relay. If you use the flipper button, at this point some lights come on but the game over relay is still tripped.
time for a coin or replay button push. The score reels reset and the game over relay should be reset (untripped). The reset relay should be unpowered.
once the reset relay unpowers, the outhole relay should be powered and the outhole kicker sends the ball over to the shooter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-time-never-ending-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.