We're back!

After a disaster in our datacenter took down our server, we are now running Pinside on a brand new server. However, things may not work as expected as we are still polishing the playfield and adjusting some switches! We might be switching to maintenance mode a few times. Please see this forum topic for more info.

(Topic ID: 274158)

Space Time 00-90 stepper unit

By rpboer

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by rpboer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Hello Pinpeople !
I recently bought a Space Time Bally 1972. Machine is in rather good shape, plays well. Fiels is a bit worn out but that will be restored (winter project).

My puzzle is that the 00-90 stepper unit is not working. Coil was burned and removed when I got it. The wiring towards the coil also is gone....

I traced the wiring back with the schema. I appears that the stepper unit is linked to the 10 points relais. Which makes sense. In the top cabinet there should be a W-O (white orange) wire go to the coil. I wired this accordingly now. (see schema picture)

Then but when I trace back all the 10 points switches I get a bit lost.
These should be W-BLU (white and blue) wires

And I think they all come together on the bottom (facing front) most right board where I have all the coils sitting for the counting part. Coil number 6 looks not ok. My question :
-- > Am I right that burned coil number 6 on the photo picture is indeed the 10 points coil (Located at F-22 in the schema)

Thanks for your help!

00_90 unit 10 points relay trigger (resized).png10 point relay (resized).pngcoil 10 points (resized).jpg
#2 8 months ago

The 10 point relay. 100 point relay, 1000 point relay, and score reel reset relays are all located in the backbox.

#3 8 months ago

Ok in the back box, which is the same a the "top box" right ?

#4 8 months ago

Yes that’s correct.

#5 8 months ago
back box bally space time (resized).jpg
#6 8 months ago

wrong picture now right one

back box bally space time (resized).jpg
#7 8 months ago

Indeed the withe-blue wires are there as well on the most left one. I will try to test it. Thanks

Testing done.
2 observations :

1 the 10 point reel of the first player did not move.
Due to a stuck plunger that was mounted in a wrong coil.
The coil was of good size and Ohm but in the inside there was a piece of plastic preventing the plunger to move. Remedy was to replace the coil with a correct one.
2 the White Orange wire for the stepper is kind of "gone" can not trace it anymore (yet) For testing purposes I connecteced a jumper from the stepper coil to the 10 point relais. And all works fine. Extra ball lits up, same player shoots again works fine. And the 2 other bumpers of the 10-100 points now also work fine

So thanks for your tip.

Next phase is to get the credit reel working. This one is not working at all...coils are fine. No clue what the issue is.

It is set for free play, coin unit is missing, and wires are cut. I can by pushing the button on the door add credits (4 players max) but the reel is not moving.

#8 8 months ago

Found the White and Orange wire ! Hooked it up and....tatadada it worked. So that indeed was a good puzzle with a good outcome.

Next is the credit reel stepper...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside