image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hi there
I've been reading this quite interesting post from five years ago to troubleshoot the issue with my space station motor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-not-spinning

I'm experiencing two issue that seems to be from both the sensor and the motor itself. but before I place the order to purchase both, I was hoping someone could validate what I found.

1st: the diverter does not align with ramp when it stop. So I've cleaned the opto as suggested...no difference.
it spin and stop in random position, not always facing the opto, 1 in 5 attempt maybe

2th: the motor turn clockwise and adjust counterclockwise. I've opened the motor and inside the main gear appear to be worn in the middle and the dog arm can move to one side or the other. I mean, nothing that I see seems to avoid the gear to turn in one direction only.

so I think I need both, a motor because the gear must be broken,and it turn clockwise.
And one opto board because it does not stop at the right place.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Problem solved

A good friend and pinball tech gave me these test to do and it worked. So If it can help someone in the future, I pay it forward.

I’ve tested the opto in Switch mode. take a piece of paper and insert it back and forth between each opto and switch 52 and 53 should buzz. Mine worked. I resoldered the opto on the board to avoid any micro crack I could not see just to be shure.

For the motor. I’ve found that the cover of the motor was loose and it was the reason why I had the gears in my face the first time. So I snap it good when mounting it back and the shaft was firm in place this time also.

Everything work for now, it turn counterclockwise and align perfectly.

Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-turn-clockwise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.