IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0513.JPG
SS ramp protector.jpg
ClearRamp.jpg
Space Station 05.JPG
08-05-30-32-Shopping.jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

BTW... You can't really tell in the photo above, but the blue acrylic is a perfect match to the upper left mini-playfield

well its close but you see the mini playfields are all a bit yellowed or dicolored so the replacement bl;ue ramp will not match every machine obviously. it appears a bit lighter but close enough a guy could tint it to match perfectly

#102 9 years ago

Can't imagine a closer match for plastic. Clearly the new is a little richer.

IMG_0522.JPGIMG_0522.JPG
#103 9 years ago

no love for a green ramp to go with ''green mode'' ?

great work none the less!

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

well its close but you see the mini playfields are all a bit yellowed or dicolored

That definitely describes my pf... it had a mouse living on it.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

no love for a green ramp to go with ''green mode'' ?
great work none the less!

Well.... I guess if I am able to do blue, I could do green!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well.... I guess if I am able to do blue, I could do green!

Leave the green for green mode. There is no green in the color scheme for Space Station.
-mof

#107 9 years ago

It would be possible to incorporate color changing LED's. Just haven't given any thought to synchronizing with the machine..... I will discuss with my son who is very adept at this stuff.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from radium:

That definitely describes my pf... it had a mouse living on it.

The heat from the bulbs and the dirt got ground into the upper mini playfields heres the 2 upper mini playfields i have for my space station the old beet up original and the replacement i had to buff the hell out of to bring it back. these are probably the ends of the spectrum for these. they also made a black version on some of the earlier machines.458545_464162783594161_1156058640_o.jpg458545_464162783594161_1156058640_o.jpg413717_464125166931256_1650625521_o.jpg413717_464125166931256_1650625521_o.jpg413717_464125163597923_119717999_o.jpg413717_464125163597923_119717999_o.jpg

#109 9 years ago

Hellfire, Everytime I see your before and after pictures of that ramp I'm in awe!
Brian

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

The heat from the bulbs and the dirt got ground into the upper mini playfields heres the 2 upper mini playfields i have for my Space Station the old beet up original and the replacement i had to buff the hell out of to bring it back. these are probably the ends of the spectrum for these. they also made a black version on some of the earlier machines.

That looks amazing. Nice restore!

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

The heat from the bulbs and the dirt got ground into the upper mini playfields heres the 2 upper mini playfields i have for my Space Station the old beet up original and the replacement i had to buff the hell out of to bring it back. these are probably the ends of the spectrum for these. they also made a black version on some of the earlier machines.

Yikes, that might be worse than mine. I haven't tackled my playfield yet. I'm rebuilding the cabinet and making a new backbox right now. I bought it with major water and structural damage. I need to start a thread with pictures for it.

#112 9 years ago

Please dont be confused the trashed mini playfield installed on the machine is not the same one i polished out the nice one is the replacement granted it wasnt too pretty when i got it i have doubts the one pictured on the machine will ever look so nice again.
Once that ring is destroyed the ball falls out of on the mini playfield its realy not worth trying to save anymore. I can save some parts but yeah my original one is a lost cause

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Please dont be confused the trashed mini playfield installed on the machine is not the same one i polished out the nice one is the replacement granted it wasnt too pretty when i got it i have doubts the one pictured on the machine will ever look so nice again.
Once that ring is destroyed the ball falls out of on the mini playfield its realy not worth trying to save anymore. I can save some parts but yeah my original one is a lost cause

What did you do to replace the decals on the mini playfield?

My mini playfield is worst than yours. The plastic is cracked and open where the 2 bulbs are and I put some frosted scotch tape to diffuse the bulb showing through at the number 3.

#114 9 years ago

I still have to get some made

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I still have to get some made

I've seen a kit at the hobby store where you can print your own decals. I was thinking this may be an alternative.

#116 9 years ago

NEW RAMP UPDATE..

I successfully formed a clear ramp out of extruded 1/8" acrylic today. Having been successful, I should be able to form the blue ones in addition to the clear PETG ramps. If there is any interest in a black one to match the original, I could do those as well. An earlier post had said that Twisted Pins was going to make the stock Space Station ramp, but it is unknown when they will get to it.

I will have to order the blue acrylic from out of state. Expect I could probably have it in a 7 to 10 days. Picking up the PETG on Tuesday. At that point I will be ready to start producing these. Would appreciate any interest in any of these colors so I can order appropriately.

IMG_0523.JPGIMG_0523.JPG
#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It would be possible to incorporate color changing LED's. Just haven't given any thought to synchronizing with the machine..... I will discuss with my son who is very adept at this stuff.

I KNOW WHAT WOULD BE PERFECT...color changing plastic...the color changes with different voltages put to it.

Mark...start on this RIGHT AWAY!!! And I get 10% right off the top because it was my idea.

#118 9 years ago

Does the bagatelle area need a repro as well?
If so, I'd consider clear-clear.
Otherwise, I'd go with blue-blue.

Clear is really nice since you see a lot of colors in clear. It reflects a lot of different lights back to the player.

(during low light / machine on) conditions...

-mof

#119 9 years ago

Sign me up for blue, please!

#120 9 years ago

I'm in for blue or black. Maybe both depending on price.

#121 9 years ago

I'd be interested in a blue also.

#122 9 years ago

I would like a blue.
Any idea on price for the ramps?

#123 9 years ago

Put me down for a blue also, as if you didn't know all ready.

#124 9 years ago

I'm interested in Blue. I'd like to know an estimated price as well. Thanks!

#125 9 years ago

OK...TIME TO MOVE THESE RAMPS TO A THREAD OF THEIR OWN.

I just started a new thread called, "New Space Station ramps!". I'll vacate this thread for the new one. Really I just made a new thread because "mof" made me.

Pricing is shown in the new thread.

#128 9 years ago

Hmm no idea why another thread would make any difference lol

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-ramp-interest/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.