image-794.jpg
image.jpg
image-900.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-879.jpg
image-454.jpg
image.jpg
image-383.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisAZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

Just received the 1-2-3 mini playfield. It is in much better shape than my old one. With a little polish and new rubber, it will be nearly good as new.

I'm a little surprised that no one has spoken up for the diverter and toy space station.

Dennis

#8 9 years ago

You can see what the mini-playfield looked like from coz6 pictures.

I used Novus plastic polish number 3, 2, and 1 on the plastic surface to get rid of some of the wear spots.
I used Blue Magic metal polish on the gates and the metal posts. Pads for cleaning gun bores worked great with both polishes.
The decal was lifted up in a couple of spots. I was able to lift it up from the narrow end to the the yellow striped section. I used the back end of an Exacto knife to help lift it up. I was surprised how strong the decal is. I was going to use Goof-Off to remove the old glue. Don't do it! It started to soften the plastic playfield. I then used WD-40 instead to remove the old the glue. I was able to stretch the decal and reglue it.
My old playfield was cracked from the heat of the lamps. I've ordered LED replacements. I'll have to wait until they get here before I install this playfield. Here is a picture of the refurbished playfield so far.

miniplayfield cleaned up.jpgminiplayfield cleaned up.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisAZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-playfield-and-plastics?tu=DennisAZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.