(Topic ID: 90058)

Space Station: Need help with lighting

By Ghostnuke

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ghostnuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've got a Space Station with no GI or condition green lights on the entire left side. Right side works fine. I metered it at the socket and got nothing. Can anyone help me out with some idea of what to do?

#3 9 years ago

Condition green is what happens when you get multi ball. The regular GI shuts off and a set of green lights come on.

#6 9 years ago

Good ideas. I'll check those fuses and the harness for continuity and report back.

#7 9 years ago

Well, I'm stumped. All the fuses checked good, and all wires have continuity back to the head as far as I can tell. Any other ideas?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Check the relays under the left side of the play field , I'm having to replace one of mine, my whole left side was dark

I looked at them a bit. When I turn on the GI solenoid test, the one for the right side of the field clicks on and off but the left one does not. I swapped the relay boards around and the problem stayed the same. That should rule out a problem with the relay pcb, right?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey I have a Space Station I am restoring for someont and it has the same issue. GI lighting on the right but not left. How do the connectors look that go to the power board? I checked mine and they are burned up and that might be the issue for mine. Have you looked at the connectors on the power board? Also don't rule out "Cold Solder Joints" on the male part of the boards. Where are you located? Perhaps we can collaborate by phone if you want. Send me a PM if interested.

I have found some burnt connectors. My next step in the attack is to start at the power board and follow the voltage and see where it stops. I'll send you a PM though.

#12 9 years ago

I fixed it! I found a burnt connector on the relay board which led me to checking the backside of the board. Found a cold solder joint and Bob's your uncle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ghostnuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-need-help-with-lighting?tu=ghostnuke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.