• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240102_103954511_PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
IMG_20240102_104018540_PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#1 6 months ago

Hey everyone, I've had Space Station for a while now, and though I love it, one of the more infuriating aspects of it is the left orbit to lock shot, which in my case would reject nearly all shots made to it. I'm not sure if this issue is universal for all Space Stations, but I think I've found a solution I thought I'd share. By placing some Weather stripping foam on the backing of the VUK, I've found that the ball successfully locks nearly every time. This solution is similar to the Indiana Jones mode start reject fix, but is slightly more precarious as the VUK is in a very tight spot under the upper playfield, and if placed too low, the solenoid will kick the Weather stripping off entirely.

IMG_20240102_103954511_PORTRAIT (resized).jpgIMG_20240102_103954511_PORTRAIT (resized).jpgIMG_20240102_104018540_PORTRAIT (resized).jpgIMG_20240102_104018540_PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago

Thanks for posting. Mine only rejects once in a while. Sonic has started carrying dead drop foam and this is one application. There are claims out there that dead drop foam is superior than "ordinary" foam, but I have not experimented. Just FYI.

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Thanks for posting. Mine only rejects once in a while. Sonic has started carrying dead drop foam and this is one application. There are claims out there that dead drop foam is superior than "ordinary" foam, but I have not experimented. Just FYI.

For it's thickness to impact and it's lonegevity...it is superior to stuff you can get at Home Depot...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-drop-foam-has-bounced-back#post-7959234

Matt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.