View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
DSC_0001_(resized).JPG
help3_(resized).jpg
help2_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
help_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boris_37.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

I'm suffering from the almost exact same issue except my right GI won't come on and the left does come on.

Both relays seem to get power, no pins on the power supply are issues (so far). I am subbing to see what the issue turns into, I can help test anything people suggest here as well.

#26 7 years ago

Okay in a little bit, i have to go out and pick something up, I will take pictures where I get back. Gimme like an hour or two max.

Yes it should have 2 yellow wires. If you had an IDC connector, it would be one wire that loops through, I'll take a picture to show you though.

No my pop lights do not work. I noticed after my bumper rebuild and thought I screwed something up, but they likely weren't functioning properly before.

DSC_0001_(resized).JPGDSC_0001_(resized).JPG

As you can see mine is also a little cooked but its in really good condition except for the plastic being brittle. I will redo the connector tonight though and see if it helps at all, since I have a bunch of them laying around.

#28 7 years ago

I redid mine. Fixed my left side getting choppy when I adjust the cables but the right side is still dead. I will do more checking tomorrow morning. I'm tired now.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

scary, the picture of your 3p8 pins show them to be defiantly burned and the solder joints look dry. that should be replaced.
concerning the flashers, have you gone through the test/diagnostic steps using the manual down and advance buttons? if it is the right side flashers, sol 03C then you can trace that back to transister Q32 and test that. also check your associated diodes.
use the manual regularly.

In my case, I have swapped CPU's and even used a brand new rottendog. They should come on at powerup with the MPU not installed too. By default all GI (not including cond green) should be on. So left side and right side, including pops, slingshots. I am just troubleshooting to ensure power is going correctly to each relay and going to check the lights for power and kind of go through the paces. Fixing 3p8, did nothing for me.

#31 7 years ago

Okay update with mine.

I did a bunch of checking and even stole a relay from my bk2k. No benefit.

My 2 yellow relays (which control GI) get 5VAC and if either are unplugged left GI goes out. Checked fuses on right side of backbox, all are good. Power only goes through 2rd from the back, reading 5VAC, the other 3 read 0 (with mpu removed). Reflowed solder on the 3p8, just for the hell of it, no effect. Replaced 3p8 plug, no effect.

Checked lights, ones that are on, read 5VAC across the bulb. Dead ones read 0 (as expected).

Any other advice what I should be looking for? Is it possibly a short somewhere? I'm following lines and just getting frustrated, this is one of the most simple circuits in the game and mine just won't work!

#32 7 years ago

another update.

I figured out so far all relays are fine. I was fiddling and fiddling and finally figured out 90% of the problem. The pop bumpers have a white/yellow wire that daisy chains down the rest of the line for the right side. I had blown a fuse at some point on the right GI and realized i was reading all wrong. The difference was 5, the other 3 fuses were fine. I had checked them previously and they were fine, but i must have blown it later. So i replaced that one fuse and got my right GI. I hooked back up my pops and blew the fuse, disconnected and replaced the fuse, all good.

I do have a short in my pop lighting somewhere, but realize what I have been doing wrong. I absolutely hate the wiring on all these pop lights, just the absolute worst design. I am also making a pigtail instead of trying to solder these 2 wires in this cramped space.

Here are my steps I followed, you can do the same. Check each fuse on the right side, make sure it works and you get power TO THAT FUSE. If any of the fuses do not have any power (5VAC) your issue is at the power supply. Each fuse does like 15 lights. Each half the backbox and each half the playfield. If you do have power, the issue is further ahead in the wiring or the relay.

There are a bunch of youtube videos on relay checking and how to ensure they have power.

I'm thankfully good and this stupid issue took way longer than it should have, but i learned a lot about basic troubleshooting, which is kind of why i decided to do this hobby. Cheers and best of luck. PM me if you need anything. Us space station dudes gotta stick together!

1 month later
#38 7 years ago

ahaha, that's not what he meant.

The picture is from his under playfield GI relays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boris_37.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-green-mode-lights?tu=boris_37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.