20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Todd said he was looking for a source on these as well. Fingers crossed something pops up.

Might have 1 spare if you still need it. C-11998-1?
Am not in the US though.

#2966 3 years ago

Started by changing a light bulb then...

Full LED layout and OCD

Then broke the left flipper (it's half that size now, actually doesn't play bad with no rubber)

It's all a bit shabby...

Including the back of it.

Started to fill and paint it (should've sanded a bit more, i hate sanding)

Decals on.

Just the front to do.

Tomorrow (or day after), done. Then new flippers, connectors, boards, lamps, rubbers, switches...etc......et-bloody-cetera

question1.jpgquestion1.jpgFlipper.jpgFlipper.jpgSide.jpgSide.jpgBack.jpgBack.jpgPainted.jpgPainted.jpgBackLeftDecced.jpgBackLeftDecced.jpgFronttoDO.jpgFronttoDO.jpg
#2967 3 years ago

Got the front decal on and....huge disappointment. This is the most important one and, the decal was much less adhesive and i had to reapply it a couple of times and i forgot to wipe my sanding dust off. In the end, can't really see from the photo, there's loads of air pockets - the texture is rough.

Don't suppose anyone knows if these can be ironed flat somehow? Like with a heat gun and a roller? (Or an iron).

Going to have to forget about it.....

So busied myself and added mirror blades (why not?).
Standard WPC blades but with a cut out for the pivot hinge.
If you're clever you can get the blade to sit on the pivot bushing. Cutting this stuff is a bugger, in the end i drilled, hacked and then just snapped it with pliers into shape, hammered it flat and filed off the sharp edges.

I found the best way to fit these (after god knows how long) is to line the top of the blade with the bottom of the glass rail accepter (don't know the real term, it's the bit that goes across the top under the backbox. And line up the back of the blade with the siderail bolt at the back (i.e. just jam it against it, not too hard as you may want to get that bolt out).
You can take the nut and washer off the bolt and use it to secure the blade, plus this should provide a ground point for the blade.

Front decal.jpgFront decal.jpgMirrors.jpgMirrors.jpg
#2969 3 years ago

Done.....for now (waiting for cointaker). And yes that's half the GI in the back box. Burnt out stuff - there's shed loads of it.

Twice as many flashers now, just what this game needed!
Didn't realise these were black mirrors, sure i was saving them for something else....

Finished.jpgFinished.jpgFlash.jpgFlash.jpg
#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

yyyyyikes Where did you get the Space Station cabinet decals from? I have not art on mine and would love to get it back to original.

I got them years ago from Retro Refurbs, but can't find any more now - could do with the front one again to be honest.

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I think Space Station is one of the games that Retro Refurbs quit providing when PPS threatened him over lack of Wms license. Which is too bad since PPS does not offer official ones.

Yeah, I think you're correct. Didn't know it was PPS - which is Planetary Pinball right? I'm already annoyed with them as I have a big import charge to pay!

Got a good response from Pete at Retro Refurbs today though, seems that if i'm good at doing what i'm doing (i'm not) then a heat gun and cloth will flatten out the decal.

Going to save that horrible job (i've already cut holes and re-assembled), for after the now broken transformer (maybe) is rewound and the busted g.i. board is repinned and reconnected.

How much money and time are you supposed to throw into these things? I could have put my non-existent children through college and onto a flight to a real space station years ago. In real terms, the time it takes to fix and make good a pin is the same time it takes to break 6 pins. Unless it is creature from the black lagoon which is a revenant. Babbling again...

#2975 3 years ago

And speaking of space stations, observation is out half price on steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/906100/Observation/

1 week later
#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Hello! new to the club. I am @ work and cannot access IPDB (its blocked. IDK...) and I'm looking to print a copy of the manual before I start teardown and build-up. Can anyone direct me to a source for the PDF that isnt IPDB?

Any luck with this yet? I have a copy if you need it.

#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Warm white comet 2smd and green 2smd are in the GI and the condition green. I swapped out the orange domes with red.

Looks great dude. love the 2smds - have got a load of greens ready to put in, use them on all my other pins - sooooooo bright, makes playing so much easier and better.

just have to fix everything else first. replaced the left flipper today, then literally 2 games later...

RFlip.jpgRFlip.jpg
#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I finished with LED's in the backbox (minus 906 flashers).
I have a bit of speaker hum. I unscrewed the sound board to break contact with the backbox which significantly reduced the hum. There most be something with the ground there. The braids and wires all look pretty good. I hear this is fairly common. I attempted to put a taped washer on each of the 4 points, but the hum came right back. I will probably try to grab some plastic/nylon type washers and see if that does it.

Interesting you say this, got really bad hum straight after doing the machine up - had to think it was changing to LEDs, but definitely the transformer is making an awful sound - i swapped out the speakers which does make it sound a bit better (better in general) but the tranny is still screaming, even when the load is unplugged, i think it needs a rewind. And now, as of yesterday, the Space Station makes a horrible grinding sound as it turns which it never did before.
Plus the sling switches are all knackered and just fire repeatedly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=yyyyyikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.