20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volkdrive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#330 9 years ago

Anyone ever has a mint SS they want to move lmk...

1 month later
#385 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys, I just put a blue 22 led chasing strip on the outside under the lip of the inside tight curve of my new blue ramp. The leds are small and the strip is the perfect length. They aren't overly bright especially shining through the ramp but it gives it a really nice accent light and the chasing is cool. $6 on ebay.

Would you mind posting link to the ebay listing for these? Have one coming and a blue ramp, would like to light it up somewhat. Thanks

IMGA0606.JPG 203 KB

IMGA0607.JPG 199 KB

4 weeks later
#413 9 years ago

Looks like mine is over the border now, should be here in a week or so, super excited. I see this title becoming more sought after in the next few years.....not a lot made..

#428 9 years ago

Arrived....plays pretty good, everything is working ok, going to mod it a bit and dress it up. Question as I only played it before at the PBHOF in Vegas, is the single drop target in front of the ramp supposed to drop slow or fast? Mine drops slow yet assembly looks in good shape and is clean. Can't remember back to last summer....

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Congrats!
Target should drop quickly. Does the spring look OK?

I figured it should but wasn't sure..that's minor fix though. the rest is ok, playfield has factory mylar with no bubbling so I'm pretty happy. Goig it LED it, one of Freeplay's blue ramps, speaker, lighted buttons, and if I can find all the sizes thinking blue rubbers. even not sitting level it played pretty good. I see this machine reaching SOF popularity in next few years, its a blast (no pun intended )

1 week later
#447 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I figured it should but wasn't sure..that's minor fix though. the rest is ok, playfield has factory mylar with no bubbling so I'm pretty happy. Goig it LED it, one of Freeplay's blue ramps, speaker, lighted buttons, and if I can find all the sizes thinking blue rubbers. even not sitting level it played pretty good. I see this machine reaching SOF popularity in next few years, its a blast (no pun intended )

Quoted from RCA1:

Congrats!
Target should drop quickly. Does the spring look OK?

ok, now it drops fast, a good cleanup req. Repaired cond green wiring which was rigged to work (but, it was working), battery holder fell off, so that is now on side of backbox. Now compiling parts to make this thing amazing! Having said that it does play very good, and the pf still has mylar and looks amazing. This should be a blast when done. It's a simple game but so entertaining.

2 months later
#455 9 years ago

Currently mine is now fully functional. Now ordering all parts for the refurbish and customisation. Probably last project for awhile so its going to be very unique...will post an update on it as I go along. Plans so far:
Xpin display
Speaker upgrade
ramp LED
LED kit
shaker motor
Freeplay ramp
LEDs, Titan rubber
Glow/lit starposts
multi color flipper buttons
one of a kind topper (ordered)
Crazymuffin's TV mod with space themes installed
shuttle with led burners on pf
new plastic kit
interactive pop bumper lights
under cab light kit (just Sylvania kit from Costco - but still a nice effect).

Lots of work ahead on this one, but its in great shape cabinet and playfield so its a great candidate

#458 9 years ago

Thanks guys, just waiting on Marco order to start. Will take a lot of pictures as it goes, before/after shots. This game never got its due I think. May see SOF style demand in the next few years...

#473 9 years ago

Fortunately my cabinet is solid save one mark in the black above the planet that needs a touch up. It's already pretty clean, just had a couple wiring, switch fixes required and a drop target mech cleaning. As far as the Marco comment, the only issue I have with them is the amount their third party charges for shipping outside the USA. Topic which was started by Flashinstinct on here I believe. They do have most of what u want in one place. I either wait until I have a large order our club does a group order.

#492 9 years ago

Judging by the recent amounts of posts in this thread, it may be climbing, but I'd say 1500-1800 in good shape? paid 1500 for mine.

1 week later
#515 8 years ago
Quoted from Zag:

I have bought a couple of these (fully articulating) guys with a view to attach to the top (with wire coat hangers, bent and painted to resemble the tethers), looking like they are space walking...

Img_0798crop.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Img_0799crop2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What is the actual height on those guys? Might look to tie in a couple....

1 week later
#551 8 years ago

Disheartened......in removing the backglass, it caught on the lock (sys 11 side locks are evil...).
So I am now no longer a broken glass virgin . Most of it cleaned up, no translate damage. Good thing is I hadn't torn down the pf to do plastics, posts and rubbers yet, plus part one off my topper is shipping. Just the feeling when you see all the 'little diamonds' disappear into the playfield....
A few more parts and should be able to start this....

1 month later
#578 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Heck Yeah!!! That Beer Bottle Is Cool!
Hey Guys, I want to add in some under cab lighting that will react with the flashers... as in... anytime any of the flashers turn on, I want the under cab lighting to turn on too... any Ideas of where I can hook in to, to make this happen?

Check with Rock Custom, they may have a kit or be willing to make one. Got one for my SOF from them, so they do system 11 as well as the newer machines. Easy installs and not outrageous for price too.

1 week later
#592 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cool!
I'll check them out

Got an email from Chris at Rock Custom. He has a SS undercab interactive flasher kit ready. Requested him to come up with oine for us. Going to order that one with one for ACDC

#593 8 years ago

Note, he's not listing it, but if you contact him here or through his website should work.

5 months later
#760 8 years ago

Received reproduction trans lite being sold on here, arrived with the cutouts, looks pretty good and solid material.

#762 8 years ago

It's a good match side by side, as far as light up, can't tell yet. Going to start on rebuild next month. Colors look goo though

#764 8 years ago

Hoping to. Freeplay ramp, shaker, new plastics, led add ons, a topper set up and a few other things. Probably my last big re-do so looking to make it a good one.

#770 8 years ago

Bought a PIG2 from DK Pinball, going to use that to drive it. Planning on using reed switches on the pop bumpers and possibly tie it into the motor on the station. The PIG allows a couple inputs, see how this goes....using a Rev B Stern shaker motor minus their board.

#771 8 years ago

Side note: PIG2 and acc. are NLA, but DK is looking at another run of them if there was enough interest. I think the unit was about $100 or so.

2 weeks later
#789 8 years ago

If anyone was interested in the repro translite in the marketplace, here is the one I rec'd. Looks good to me.

IMG_1069_(resized).JPGIMG_1069_(resized).JPG

#792 8 years ago

Purchased from member Azurden.

4 weeks later
#837 8 years ago

No numbers left on me backbox flashers, what is the spec for those? Also for a white display X-pin has one, I went that route, its a soft white with a hint of blue.

1 week later
#879 8 years ago

Project started. It's a nice machine to tear down. Very simple. Everything off and bagged. PF in pretty good shape.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#881 8 years ago

No, Mylar is still there. Haven't cleaned it yet either. Going to use the Treasure Cove kit on it. Should be fast when done

#883 8 years ago

Inserts are only 555 or 44. Where did the kit come from? Sounds like "ghosting" issues.

#885 8 years ago

I've used many of their kits/bulbs. Did you get non ghosting kit? Also may be a ground issue. Had some of that on my F14.

#894 8 years ago

Tear down went well, found a broken area on my upper pf though , have decided to slightly modify with stock parts to make it work. Until these are reproduced somewhere, or I find a dealer of unobtanium.......Pinball life order should be here in a week, see how this goes.

#899 8 years ago

My upper has a broken/missing lane guide over the light on right side. Pieces are long gone. Plan is to remove the other one, smooth out the edges and replace with clear lane guides and posts. Then put slow color changing bulbs in those 2 locations. Looks like it will work and the color changers will add nice accent there I hope.

#904 8 years ago

Cleaned up, rubber and star post replacement. Before and after, now on hold as I snapped a star post mounting screw and no spares.

#905 8 years ago

Going with Titan blue and clear super band rubbers. Star post will be glow in the dark, blue lighted and green lighted around slings. Green tied into condition green and blue to regular GI.

#912 8 years ago

Parts in mail today! More work for this Monday. Re-doing pops, attaching reed switches to pop, kickback coils for the shaker install, buttons, wire in under cab flasher kit and rig the lanes on upper pf. My LED kit came with LED flashers, aware of the Sys 11 issue of them staying on slightly, was not going to use them. However, I had some flashers out so put those in to go through test mode, and they light properly. Staying in then, will be using colored flashers on pf with clear domes.

#913 8 years ago

So, getting there...LEDs are in and with the blue rubbers it looks great. Will keep updating as we go along....note doing pop bumper LED after new wafers/bodies (chrome wafer and transluscent bodies with Brite mods ring llights in red)

IMG_1163_(resized).JPGIMG_1163_(resized).JPG
IMG_1164_(resized).JPGIMG_1164_(resized).JPG
IMG_1165_(resized).JPGIMG_1165_(resized).JPG
IMG_1166_(resized).JPGIMG_1166_(resized).JPG
IMG_1171_(resized).JPGIMG_1171_(resized).JPG
IMG_1173_(resized).JPGIMG_1173_(resized).JPG

#921 8 years ago

I screwed up......installing undercab flasher, to hook into J1, went to 1J1 in error. Now have lost switches, coils and display. Sound is fine, 5/12 volt is still fine coming from power supply. Checked all fuses on both sides of fuse, they seem ok too. CPU diagnostic shows 3 blinks on the led, a U51 issue. Should replacing this be next move?

1 week later
#943 8 years ago

Despite issues with mine when I got it and the work going into it, no way it's leaving. Such a unique design and underrated game!

#950 8 years ago

Paid 1500 for mine a year or so ago. Decent shape, needed a couple fixes to make it quite playable. I'd say 1300-1800? I'm now redoing it, probably about 800 in parts, LEDs, plastics, display, speakers, mods etc. Last big resto-custom though. I feel mine was a good player on arrival, so that price range seems appropriate. Having said that, jump on one now before this title also goes Swords of Fury crazy in price. I'm sure we can all see nice examples heading that direction.

#951 8 years ago

And after my MPU snafu, a week later thanks to Stretch7 here I'm back up and running. Will be working on it again Monday.

1 week later
#986 8 years ago

MPU fixed now found other issue. Bottom pop bumper not firing either in test mode or with the switch. Score switch registers, I'm looking at the auxiliary driver board as my issue. Does that sound accurate?

#987 8 years ago

.....even worse! Now starting a game sends the machine full tilt, plus the center rear VUK keeps firing in attract mode. Think my aux board is toast. Have replacement coming from pinballpcb. Hopefully that resolves this.

#994 8 years ago

Ran diagnostic on the MPU, showing a memory failure. Manual says U25 is the likely suspect. Hopefully new MPU shows this week and can pull old one for repair.

#1028 8 years ago

Well, might as well add insult to injury.....board issues aside, go to pick up my side rails, lockdown bar and shooter housing from powdercoating shop.....and, they're locked down for non payment of rent. So, no cabinet metal now too......called lease company, when they go in to clean it out I should get a call. Hopefully...in the meantime looks like I'll be hunting these replacements down.

#1037 8 years ago

Moving on! Boards repaired and back in, other switch issue was my bad. My magnet bar with metal handle was under pf and touching tilt bob. Everything functional, powdercoating shop back open, picked up parts today. Black with silver sparkle. Will continue on this tonight and next Monday after work.

#1039 8 years ago

side rails installed, busy week ahead. Plan is to resume Monday with shooter assy, and playfield re-population. Then some pics, regardless of how far I get pics after Monday's work for sure.

#1040 8 years ago

Finished up work a little early today. Got reed switches strapped to coils for shaker, side mirrors installed. Sharing some pics. You can kind of see the powder coated rails. They look WAY better in person.

#1042 8 years ago

Have a blue ramp from Freeplay and polished up the wire ramps. Powder on the rails, shooter housing and lock bar.

#1044 8 years ago

Just one color if powdercoating I think, but mine came out good with a cleaning and polish. Going to try an LED ramp kit on it.

1 week later
#1074 8 years ago

Just need to sort out lower pop by bumper adjustment and shooter adjustment and I'm good to go.

1 week later
#1089 8 years ago

For above, to rule it out have either of you tried swapping the display? Just to rule that out too. On my end, a week before load up for Yegpin expo and it's back in one piece. 6 degree slope and super fast. Wasn't 100% sure on the mini display at first but once in it looks ok. Has several shuttle images and a couple space themed music videos installed. Space Station topper model and led accent bar on top.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1104 7 years ago

Have mine at Yegpin and have broken leaf switch for #64 right kicker scoring under Pf. Does anyone know part # on this? It's mounted so when kicker link drops it scores.

1 week later
#1113 7 years ago

Happy to report that at our expo, YEGPIN, the group bestowed on my Station....best solid state category... Also picked up a best of show for Cirqus Voltaire. Many had never played Space Station before and were blown away by the sound, and fast play. Also "condition green" was quite popular. Already a couple offers to sell too, yeah, only if I'm legally insane. Loving the Station!

1 year later
#1648 6 years ago

Have them on mine. To fit the WPC into a SYS 11 you have to take tin snips and cut out the playfield pivot area. Have them in F14, SOF and Pinbot too. Most SYS 11 have great light effects.

1 month later
#1674 6 years ago

Green domed frosted work well, not too bright and spreads the light evenly

6 months later
#2202 6 years ago

That upper is crazy, I’d be in too. I had to replace the guides on mine as they were broken. I used clear lane guides and put slow color changing LEDs under them.

1 year later
#2727 5 years ago

Adding this to mine this week. Reproduction, but it’s an actual back glass.

27198976-4C10-456D-9356-3F7EDAE98627 (resized).jpeg27198976-4C10-456D-9356-3F7EDAE98627 (resized).jpeg
#2729 5 years ago

Pinball backglass on Facebook. He’s in Europe but shipped fast and packed it very well. Bought a Twilight Zone one from him too.

#2731 5 years ago

230 euros, 70 to ship due to packing. Doesn’t seem out of line for actual back glass. My repro trans looked ok, but the lines weren’t as defined as this

#2736 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

well I like it so far , can you post a pic of installed & lit up ?

Yes, it's at our expo this wknd, will have it installed and pics taken.

#2746 4 years ago

The light in our venue is so bright it’s hard to tell, but here is BG installed and power on

9672BD53-64F4-41D4-8A46-8122B39AA3A1 (resized).jpeg9672BD53-64F4-41D4-8A46-8122B39AA3A1 (resized).jpeg
3 years later
#3687 1 year ago

Space Station came back from show with broken adjustment button inside coin door....part is NLA, wondering if the Stern 3 button would work? I realise middle button doesn't latch and release, but would it work if held in while adjusting? Or does anyone have a source for that button station?

#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

This is what you need, right?
ebay.com link: itm

Damn, yes. Ebay has it and Marco and Pinball Life don't? Wow, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volkdrive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=volkdrive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.