20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3334 3 years ago

Sign me up gang. Picked up mine on Sunday. Fallen in love with it. Couple of niggles to sort and had a U10 PIA failure message earlier on switch on.
Best part of picking up a new machine??? Wading through 60 pages of the club thread and learning the nuances of a new machine.

#3339 3 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome gang. Glad to hear the U10 things seems more common. Another thread reckons changing caps C7 and C8 solved the problem. I’ve only had the message once so far. It does throw the trip switch in the house every time I turn it on as well so will replace the line filter and thermistor and see if that makes any odds.

2 months later
#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hard lesson...
Note: best practice, on this game, is to fuse each pop bumper separately.
------ replace each of the pop bumpers with a 2amp slow blow fuses.

Would you be so kind as to post a pic where you mounted the fuse holder and which wire you cut to insert it? Thanks mate

#3378 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I mounted the fuses under the playfield by the pop bumpers.
Like the magnet fuses on a Data East game....
I attached the main red/white wire to one side of the fuses [ like a Gottlieb Game ]
Then attached the lose red/white wires from each pop bumper on the other side
of each fuse.
Finally, I put in three 2Amp slow-blow fuses to each fuse holder.
Note: I do not have the game... if it is still out there, or scrapped...
------ The mode was done to keep the game from blowing the 2½ Amp slow-blow fuse.
------ The game has a flaw of having the right kickout attached to the red/white voltage wire.
------ Which is attached to the three pop bumpers... bad design....
------ The mod worked... the game was on location etc.. One day at collection, one of
------ the fuses popped. The game still worked a ball was not stuck in the right kickout.
------ I considered the mod a success.

Awesome thanks mate I’ll do that on mine

2 months later
#3418 2 years ago

Me three ,or is it four or five?? But it certainly seems common on space station and goes away once you restart the machine

2 weeks later
#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Anyone fit Titan glow rings to their Station ? How do they look ? Will be giving mine a thorough shopping and overhaul in the next few months - it’s been over a decade and overdue - and thinking of using them.

I have Grizzla. To be honest I’ve got mish mash as I needed to change what was there and just used what I had in stock. They look ok but the jury’s out on them. I reckon it’d look better if the entire machine was done

514CE15A-4E07-4BE5-9A4A-A348B54D7652 (resized).jpeg514CE15A-4E07-4BE5-9A4A-A348B54D7652 (resized).jpeg
#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Cheers fella. Do they look any different during Condition Green ? Guessing not really. Was wondering about throwing some UV bulbs in with the greens for some Glow effect a la Stranger Things … not sure how that would look.
Other option is the clear rings. Or green rings ! Or blue rings ! Or just stick with good old white.

Yeah they look good in condition green but if you’re as skilful as me, condition green lasts 5 seconds.
I also have blue and white and clear it’s like steptoes yard in there

1 week later
#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from CMG-3000:

Yikes, sounds fun. I’ll try to find a local tech to take a look at it.

I’d really encourage you to try this yourself. It’s literally a five minute job and will be very rewarding if you fix it and give you confidence to explore further repairs.
Under the playfield there are two small rectangular pcb’s with a white (or maybe yellow) plastic relay box on them. Not sure which one controls green but it’s be worth doing them both.
Unplug the connector, remove the pcb from the standoffs reflow a little solder at the base of the pins and hopefully you’ll be seeing green again.

#3458 2 years ago

You can’t solder that mate it’s plated. It literally needs welding. Which will look ugly
The best solution I’ve seen to solder it, is to wrap thin copper wire round the join to bind the two parts together then melt solder over the copper wire. If that makes sense

#3460 2 years ago
Quoted from Orange-Brommie:

Thanks for that info. So what I thought was solder was weld chrome plated over. I didnt know that. I have some very thin copper wire in my parents shed, Will try it what you have advised to do over the weekend. It might end up being a very neat and tidy fix.

Cool. Yeah I’ve seen some good results.just make sure you have a nice tight binding and sort of figure of eight round the two parts. I’d like to see some pics of the finished result if you don’t mind mate.

#3468 2 years ago

Great job mate. Looks neat and tidy. I actually did it myself yesterday on one of my Dirty Harry wire forms. Pleased with the results

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sciddleybop1980.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=sciddleybop1980 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.