20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rca1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Condition Green!

I love my Space Station.
Watch for Pbull who's in the process of making replacement stations. I know there's a lot of very poor looking ones out there.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacuum-formed-my-own-space-station

2 weeks later
#17 10 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

This isn't my machine, but it shows the orange lights on during gameplay.

I'd call the flashers yellow and red rather than orange and red, but mine works the same way.
If you put the wrong bulbs in there, they'll burn out instantly. That can cause you to think that there are other issues. Yeah, I did that.

4 months later
#89 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I "think" you can find a new playfield. Not sure on this one.

There's a guy who's been trying to sell a (looks to be) complete populated playfield on Detroit CL for a while now. He has it listed with several other complete pins. That would be one solution to getting a bunch of parts and a playfield.

2 weeks later
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

I also made a ramp protector for the right side out of stainless steel. I first made a cardboard template and copied it to SS.

Hey! Where did you get a clear ramp?
Looks good BTW.................................

#108 10 years ago

If the price was reasonable I'd be in for a new ramp.
I'd prefer clear or translucent to black. But shiny new black is better than damaged old black.

3 months later
#146 9 years ago
Quoted from donjon66:

I saw in this thread photos of this Space Station posted by Bpull. So my question is: Do you know where I could find this part?

Hello Eric! Welcome aboard!
I think that I have the one pictured, since Bpull was super nice and sent it to me as a prototype test. (Still looks good!)
They are pretty rare. My understanding is that no one is making them.

1 month later
#166 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's how 4 double spot lights light up the pf

I really like the one showing on the ramp entrance drop target.

1 month later
#208 9 years ago

Someone buy and use this populated playfield on Ann Arbor CL before he turns it into a coffee table...........

annarbor.craigslist.org link

Actually he's had this listed on and off for quite a long time now. Looks like pretty much everything is there.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

wtf is going on there... the cab looks great too.

Based on his older CL ads, the other Space Station was a complete game that is now sold. The playfield was separate from the complete game.

2 weeks later
#238 9 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am sure these are 24v dude! Not 6.5v or 12v
Shoot me if I am wrong. Got a manual?

Yep. 28v 1251's. Blew up several 6v bulbs myself.

3 weeks later
#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Rec:

There was a constant burning smell coming from the game, while the machine was on.

Yikes! Glad you fixed that.
Came out really nice. Congrats on your work!

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Rec:

Here, in Hungary, most of the machines come with a 3 slot coin door. I found a picture in a topic, where a Station has a williams-labeled insert in the middle coin slot. I've never seen such a thing in our little country, do you know where could i buy some of them? Or what is the "official" name of this thing?

The coin doors are either two slot for USA or three slot for export. You have to change the whole door, not change pieces. The two slot doors have the W cast into the door itself. Mine is actually a three slot re-import to the US.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Yup. Remove the 2 screws that hold the Space Station plastic on the divertor. Underneath that is a bolt which holds the divertor on. You can loosen that up to raise the divertor or tighten it to lower it (there is a spring underneath the divertor that will push it up some).

Exactly. Make sure the diverter rotates correctly without hitting the ramp before you put the station toy back on. Should be an easy fix.

2 months later
#347 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

A question I have is: Did the original Space Station come with decals on the drop targets or were they just black?

Came with decals showing a space shuttle:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-31-1437

I agree with mof though, the reflective orange looks great with the additional light on it. The original layout is very dark there. Nice work!

1 month later
#430 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Arrived....plays pretty good, everything is working ok, going to mod it a bit and dress it up. Question as I only played it before at the PBHOF in Vegas, is the single drop target in front of the ramp supposed to drop slow or fast? Mine drops slow yet assembly looks in good shape and is clean. Can't remember back to last summer....

Congrats!
Target should drop quickly. Does the spring look OK?

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

So... I have my game setup on freeplay... And I guess I have the so called "credit dot" ?
There a dot on the bottom right of the upper left display... What do I do to get rid of it?

That dot is an indication that there is an error.
Go into audits to find out what the error is. It may also display what the error is during the boot up sequence when you turn the game on.
It may be a switch that's not working, or simply one that hasn't been hit during game play in a long time. Game cannot tell the difference.
Need to see what the error is before you figure out how to fix it.

2 months later
#466 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can you all give me a listing of things to look for when purchasing one?

What Paul said. As with all System 11 games, look for burned GI connectors. The diverter under the station can get wonky, but that's usually an opto or motor issue. Both fixable. The ramp was once a big issue but not any more. Thanks Freeplay!

I paid $1,200 for mine in non-collector but playing fine condition.

6 months later
#644 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Im confused, what cutouts are you referring? my translite has no cutouts, it's just a translite behind glass, am I missing something?

The original factory translite is really thick. Almost like vinyl. There are small windows cut completely through where several of the lamps are located. You may have an aftermarket substitute if yours is more "normal".

2 months later
#766 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What shaker did you buy?
Have any instructions or how to install it?

Yes! Also interested in the details of a Space Station shaker!

3 weeks later
#800 8 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Is dim GI just a normal Space Station thing

Hard to judge degree without seeing it; but yes, Space Station is pretty dark. Only game I've seriously thought about adding lights to the playfield.

1 month later
#911 8 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Does this pin usually have playfield wear at the left outlane?

"Usually" - not sure.
Certainly not rare. The factory mylar covers much of the playfield but stops short of the outlanes. The left seems to wear more than the right, maybe because of the kicker.

1 week later
#926 8 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Looks like I am missing the art plastic that covers the lower pop bumper. Does anyone have a spare?

Commonly missing. A nice guy on here sent me one. Good luck!

Are all the amber flasher domes riveted to your plastics?

Yes, common with Williams games of the era.

anybody be interested in a decal set to spiff it up a little?

clear decals to tie into that galaxy / vortex at the base of the ramp, and/or coordinate with the light mods

Both would be cool if the price is fairly cheap. I got no specific ideas though. If the station toy itself is damaged, Bpull is making some outstanding replacements.

covered the coil under the ramp with a section of cigar box lid.

There was a match box wrapped in electrical tape jammed under the ramp on mine to provide support to the semi-broken ramp. Maybe they were trying to support the ramp a bit?

1 month later
#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

I've got new LED's in there.

If those were not 28V leds they might be burnt out now.

89s operate at 12-13V and are not rated for the 28V that 1251s use. I know that 89 incandescents will light very brightly and briefly once, and be burnt out, if you install them there. Not sure what happens with 89 LEDs installed there.

3 months later
#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

The price is outrageous (considering shipping), but I am also not sure about the "NOS" quality: they have 8 for sale, and that looks to me more like reproductions. Any ideas? In case they are repro, are they good? Do you know where to find them at a more affordable price?

Bay Area Amusements had a batch of actual NOS translites a couple years ago, but it looks like those are all gone now. The BAA ones are very nice. It's possible the Ebay seller is re-selling some of those. It would be great if BAA located another batch in some warehouse somewhere.

2 weeks later
#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have been offered a trade for it and we both pretty much agreed to value it at $2000 in the trade, which I think is fair, but I was just curious if anyone thought wildly different one way or the other.

Seems like you are in the ballpark to me.

3 months later
#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

is there some trick to dealing with the backing (that flat round threaded part under the playfield) that I don't know about? I'm currently trying to hold on to the edges as best I can with needle nose pliers while I use a wrench on the other side. Its a pain.

Think you mean T-nuts. They may have been installed with loc-tite on the post screws. Try heating them with a soldering iron on the bottom first to release the loc-tite. Or they could just be corroded and need to be broken loose and replaced.

2 weeks later
#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

shall I sacrafice a chicken to the pinball gods at midnight for appeasement? or is there something technical I can try?

Yeah, that's pretty weird. I had a somewhat similar issue with my Earthshaker where the attract music would not shut off once it started. Replacing the sound roms fixed that issue. So MustangPaul may be on to something. That's really pretty much a wild guess though.

2 weeks later
#1381 7 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

space station toy

Contact Pinsider Bpull. He was making some improved replacements since they are otherwise unavailable.

1 month later
#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Just checked them out, looks like my gap is fine, and I cleaned them. I might be wire hunting....

The high score initial select function is through the lane change switches, which are "piggybacked" onto the main flipper switches, not the flipper switches themselves.
Do the lane change switches work in game play? They should change the lit 1,2, and 3 roll through lanes on the upper mini playfield when the flipper buttons are pushed.

1 week later
#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

anyone know what's happening in the other two pictures?

Just a guess, but maybe some screwed up way of powering/activating that play counter?
Or just a "burn down your house" circuit.

7 months later
#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

It randomly drops the ball locks before green mode.

That shouldn't happen. Locked balls should stay locked until multi-ball starts with condition green.

2 months later
#1891 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigmitch:

Hi everyone. I've been fixing up a spacestation for a few months now and wondering as I look through this thread where people go to get a new mini play field and right side ramp. Assuming someone is still forming them? Seems a shame to do a clear coated play field, new plastics, full leds etc and leave the cruddy old cracked ramp and mini in place. Any assistance to point me in the right direction would be appreciated

Welcome to the Space Station Mitch -
Pinsider Freeplay40 (Mark) has been making the blue ramps. He's had some health issues recently and he might still be taking some time off to recover.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps
No reproduction mini-playfields are available as far as I know. Hopefully someone will make it.

1 week later
#1920 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Retro Refurbs have mentioned that they are trying to organise licensing for Bally/Williams decals (https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/90625-Best-place-for-decals). I wonder if they'd do decals or stencils for Space Station.

They seem to produce decals rather than stencils. I'd much rather have decals than stencils anyway, since I'm lazy and don't want all the work of stenciling.

#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Anyone know what this bracket could be use for?

That's the fuse blower.

1 month later
#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm sure if anyone tried to make one they would hear from Rick real quick, probably a nice letter...

Mark seems to have hit on the key. Different color, or other variation, and it's not a licensed repro part. It's an unlicensed modification. At least that seems to be the case.

3 weeks later
#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Question for all of you. Sometimes when I dock the ball in the right dock, a new ball does not go into the shooter lane immediately. Most times, it is a 10 second delay, however, today it didn't come out and eventually kicked the other ball out of the right dock. Any thoughts on why this could be happening? Thanks All!

Sound like the switch in the right dock might need to be cleaned and or adjusted.
Maybe normally taking a few seconds to register and now not registering at all, and going into ball search.
I would start by checking that switch.

3 weeks later
#2275 6 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

Just completely covered in mud dauber and wasp nests

Yikes!
Nice pickup once you get the nasty bugs out.
And the aluminum foil fuses!

5 months later
#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

The insert lights 'station' and 'shuttle' should switch when BOTH flippers are hit at the same time.

Wow. I never knew that. Gotta try it now.

2 months later
1 month later
#2613 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I just joined the club! But havent great great fame play yet. It feels like my flippers are super weak. I can never make it up the right ramp, ever. So i changed the flipper coils to FL 1130 (i think) and it didnt make any difference. I tried searching for similar problems but couldnt find any. Anyone elae run into this issue.

Your flippers are definitely a problem. Did you check voltages? Maybe EOS or cabinet switches are dirty/tarnished? Plungers moving freely?

2 weeks later
#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

Anyone else see what planetary found in their warehouse! Nos plug n play said not actively trying to sell but I wonder what kind of crazy price a guy would have to pay for this .
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sweet. They probably want more for it than I would pay, but very cool.

(Charge your phone! )

1 month later
#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I’ll have very high quality replacement divertor sets for a space station ready by next week. The Upper divertor itself, and the smaller piece beneath it that acts as a gear. These are not 3D printed. They are hand molded by a professional who does tjis for a living, and the same high quality resin as our Pinbot ramps. Hit me up if you need a set!

Are these going to be black? Opaque or transparent?
Glad to hear these will be available.

1 week later
#2702 5 years ago

Welcome!

Quoted from reconsider59:

- I'm attaching a photo of a piece of plastic that's broken under the back-box (it's on the left and right, the black plastic piece at the top of the playfield). I don't even know what to call it...can anyone point me in the right direction to get a replacement for this?

Should be this:
https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-glass-rear-plastic-channel.html

- there are a ton of little screw covers all over the playfield, usually on the screws holding the plastics, in a tan color; they're kinda ugly, and I'm thinking they're not original, as there are a few that are in a white color that look more like they belong. anyone know anything about those? I don't know what you'd call them, or where to find replacements...

Acorn nuts? They do get discolored and grungy with age.
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-32-acorn-nut-natural-nylon.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-32-acorn-nut-natural-nylon-colored.html

- I've heard a lot about doing full LED conversion on games, arguments for and against...but on this particular game, I've seen a lot of happy LED users, and I think I'd like to try it out myself. what can y'all tell me about different kits, who makes the best ones, which look natural to the game vs. looking ridiculous and over-bright, etc. etc...

Lots of opinions here. Get a sample variety pack of LEDs from Comet or Cointaker to play around with and see what you like. Then order what works for you.

- I saw that someone on Pinside made a killer clear ramp and was offering it for sale, I think I might invest in that (because I think that'd look solid); has anyone seen anything about nice replacement mini-playfields? the one I have seems fine structurally, but if I'm going to be putting sweet new plastics on, I figure I might as well go all the way.

The clear ramp is by Freeplay40 who posted a few posts above here. It is really sweet. Various people have talked about making the mini-playfield but no one seems to have succeeded yet. Yours doesn't look bad. That should clean up pretty well. Novus 1-2-3 is your friend.

- the red and blue molded plastic posts under the rubbers at the left and right slingshots are cracking on my game, and I'd like to replace them; however, I've only seen the blue ones listed on Marco, and they're not even in stock. anyone know a good connection for these?

Star posts? Common and should be very available. Maybe try a different search. Linking Pinballlife here, but Marco (and others) should have these.
https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-star-posts-1-116-tall.html

Have fun!

1 week later
#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

galaga50 I cut it off.

Yeah, cut the old one off.
Use some liquid soap and a lot of force to get the new one on. I ended up (carefully!) using a bench vice.

#2739 4 years ago

- You can see in one of the pictures below that the playfield glass plastic rail that I replaced has foam (on left), but the one I bought to replace it with (on right) does not. Is the foam necessary? I’m guessing it may have been added later, because it made getting to the bolts incredibly difficult when I went to take it off.

- is there a schematic/plan of what type/sizes of screws belong where, to hold down the ramps, plastics, etc? all of mine seem to be different, haphazard sizes, don’t match, and they’re all kind of gross and rusted out. I’d like to replace them all with shiny new ones, but I can’t find in the manual what they *should* be.

- does anyone know where to get a set of new or reproduction plastics? Marco has them listed, but out of stock...any other sources y’all know of?

That foam is not original. Not sure why someone would put that on there.

Nuts, bolts, screws, etc. is hard to keep track of over time. No, there isn't a full list of what goes where as far as I know.

I lucked out and picked up a NOS set of plastics last year that was advertised on here. Maybe CPR will make them in the future, as they seem to be making more and more different games. Otherwise keep your eyes open, since they do show up once in a while.

Progress looks good!

1 week later
#2768 4 years ago

. It's firmly screwed down on its spring, but I can't find any other reason it would be making that sound.

Hang on. That spring is there to allow adjustment of height to match the divrter to the ramp and mini-playfield. If it feels firmly tight, it might be overtight and binding the station/diverter against the ramp. Try loosening it a bit. Not definite, but a thought.

8 months later
#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

My game and manual are out on loan so I havn't much to reference.

Full manual is available for PDF download on IPDB.org.

Quoted from ziplafly:

seems bigger.

The larger bulbs are flashlamps. Simple suggestion, leave those as incandescent. The LED flashlamps are REALLY bright. If you really want to change those out, you need to be careful, since the ones behind the station toy are not regular flashlamps. They are 1251s, which are 28 volt (I think). The others are all 89 or 906, 13 volts. Also, if you change the flashlamps to LED, you will need to remove or cut the warming resistors on the lamp boards.

3 months later
#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

I got them years ago from Retro Refurbs, but can't find any more now - could do with the front one again to be honest.

I think Space Station is one of the games that Retro Refurbs quit providing when PPS threatened him over lack of Wms license. Which is too bad since PPS does not offer official ones.

1 month later
#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

go for multiballs and flail around

Not saying it's a good strategy, but it's what I do.
I love "Condition Green" too much.

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

now, what can you say to me to go for this swap !?

I think Transporter has a higher value because it is more rare. Gameplay on Space Station is fun. Both good games. Either way is a good choice. I would probably keep TTR, because it might be hard to find another.

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a question on rubbers. The kit gave me the usuap hard to read instructions, and im trying to figire out if i have the tapered rubber in the right place. I pulled one off next to the ramp, so i put a new one on, but ipdb has a tapered one in front of the pop bumper, not at the ramp. Which way is correct? Attached pics of what im looking at.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have regular sleeves at the ramp entrance, and a tapered one near the lock exit. All the sleeves near the pops and targets are regular ones.

20200717_185746 (resized).jpg20200717_185746 (resized).jpg20200717_185758 (resized).jpg20200717_185758 (resized).jpg

#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Also, in attract mode, do the green lights come on at all or no? The repay clicks, turns gi off, but is the green supposed to come on at that point?

Yes, green should switch on periodically in attract. There are also points during attract where the GI turns off, and the green does not come on. The green is actually infrequent.

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

stuck in the shuttle

Station? You can adjust the height of the diverter with the mounting screw under the station.

1 month later
#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

yes it is but it s not a white wood one...

Well, it is NOW.

6 months later
#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I do need to finish this thread so maybe it’s been said/done already, but I put an order in for both a warm white/UV (not sure which I’m going with yet) AND a green trough light. Figured I would try and hook the white/iUV up to the normal GI and the green strip to a green mode GI. Could be cool to see the trough glow change with the mode.

I'm not normally big on extra lighting in the trough area, but this seems like a cool idea.

#3278 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Anyone have an opinion on the easiest way to access the 5 rear beacon (3 yellow / 2 red) bulbs? Got one burnt out so figured I’d do them all in LED.

It's a PITA.
I found the easiest way was with the playfield sort of half way up.
You still have to reach behind and work by feel.
Be careful, since some of the bulbs are 1251 28V bulbs in there.

1 week later
#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

What color legs did these come with?

Chrome. Williams was not using painted legs in the 80's.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

are those translucent blue ramps still available?

Try contacting Pinsider Freeplay40. He's the guy making those and several other ramps.

2 months later
#3375 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

What are my options for a translite? Is the one floating on ebay any good?

Looks like the seller is Classic Arcades. His quality is very inconsistent, so hopefulluy someone who bought it will chime in.
PPS sold some a while back, but I think those were a warehouse find.

3 weeks later
#3406 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Next issue, find out why when I trap 2 balls in the left dock it doesn't register.

That should not be possible. Once you lock a ball on a side, the diverter should send the next ball to the other side.
Only one ball will lock on each side.

1 month later
#3414 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Got a U10 PIA Failure message when I powered the machine up last night. Turned it back off and back on and it didn’t show it that time, and it played fine.
From what I gathered on a Google, it’s not a particularly great issue and isn’t a DIY if it ends up being the chip. But some folks fixed it with cap replacements etc.
Anyone have any words of wisdom on that popping up?

I have had that exact issue randomly once in a while since I picked up my Space Station several years ago. It has not yet been a real problem. Switch back off and on has cleared the issue every time.

1 month later
#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from Orange-Brommie:

Wanted: missing play field plastic. Between blue upper mini play field and space station diverter wheel. Kinda looks like a crosshair. I just have the threaded studs where it is supposed to go. Maybe one of you guys has a spare one? I'm willing to purchase it please.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just had to look up your hometown. What a great looking place.
Welcome to the Space Station Club!

7 months later
#3622 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I just noticed this on the playfield... a monolith. Is this like a little Easter Egg shout-out to the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey?
[quoted image]

Yeah, it's a cool semi-hidden touch.

3 months later
#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Damn, yes. Ebay has it and Marco and Pinball Life don't? Wow, thanks!

The seller is Troxel, who is on here.
He has that in his Pinside Shop.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1285-troxel-repair/04251-williams-service-buttons-game-adjustment-diagnostic-switches

4 weeks later
#3721 1 year ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Easiest test that the lane change switches are registering, in game, both flippers at the same time should toggle the orange and white arrows on the far right target.

How did I not know this?
Learn something new every day, I guess.

6 months later
#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hmm, I didn’t Zablon’s post as being snarky.

Yeah, his posts in this thread are mostly advice and help with troubleshooting.

2 months later
#3937 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

green incandescent bulbs

I think the original setup was green bulb condoms, not green tinted bulbs. Those give a pretty good tint.
I do have green frosted LEDs in mine though.

#3940 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It wasn’t the tint. It was the brightness. Could barely tell with ambient room light on.

Yup. Much better in the dark that way.
The LEDs do make it much more obvious in lighter conditions.

1 month later
#3955 9 months ago

That company does make good products, but not what he's asking about.
He's looking for clear protectors to keep the light shield plastics safe, not the playfield.
Would be here if they had them:
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/23/Plastics%20Protectors?page=7

3 months later
#3972 6 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You might check with Planetary Pinball. He sells a new upper mini playfield that includes those decals. Not sure if he sells them separately.

Yup.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-31-1441-12

Doesn't help if you want to print your own, but PPS does sell it.

2 months later
#4031 4 months ago
Quoted from interconnect:

I thought Williams already had fuses in System 11B games and on.

Inkochnito makes a bridge replacement board to correct that issue also. His information says that 11B games do not have the issue as fuses were added by Williams starting with 11B. He does not list Space Station as an application for his board.

2 months later
#4106 55 days ago

Seems like reaching in with the playfield sort of at half mast was best.
It's awkward.

1 month later
#4171 22 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Looks like it's time for a flipper rebuild on my Space Station. Is this Pinball Life kit the consensus replacement? https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-flipper-rebuild-kit-031987-to-121987.html

Yes.
Although those kits do not include bushings, which you will probably want to replace while you are at it.
Should be these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-nylon-flipper-bushing.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rca1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=rca1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.