20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mymalibu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2457 5 years ago

Just joined the club....played it at a local collectors place and liked so I brought it home...super fun pin...

Space Station 2018 09 16. (resized).jpgSpace Station 2018 09 16. (resized).jpg
#2469 5 years ago

Hi fellow owners, I have a quick question regarding the station motor, I have it all ready to go back in but want to know if it matters what yellow wire goes to what side of the plug. Both the original motor and my replacement have yellow wires.

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Hi fellow owners, I have a quick question regarding the station motor, I have it all ready to go back in but want to know if it matters what yellow wire goes to what side of the plug. Both the original motor and my replacement have yellow wires.

Got it taken care of, thanks everybody.

2 weeks later
#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just a little heads up of something I found. I was cleaning posts and snapped the adjustable slingshot posts (top ones). They do not attach the same as the others do and have hex nuts under them. The part listed in the manual says these are (g) 02-4002-3. Marco's has this part # but they are 6/32 x 1-7/8" which are not long enough. The actual part is 2-3/8". The closest I could find is part 530-5008-00. I ordered a couple to see if these work, but the tops might be a bit too long and need trimmed down and they are also 8/32 at the top..but I think that can be made to work with the plastic nut caps that go there.

I had the same thing happen and just got a 3 inch screw from the store screwed up from the under side and cut to fit, done.

#2478 5 years ago

Just went through the set of new plastic's that came with my pin and I can't seem to find were this guy goes.He's not on the play field anywhere.Anyone know where he goes?...Cheers

unknown plastic with the new set. (resized).jpgunknown plastic with the new set. (resized).jpg
#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He doesn't. He's just a keyfob plastic (that doesn't have a hole). You should have another with a hole in it that looks like the space station.

Key fob, I was kinda thinking that,thanks.Mount it on the play field Hmmm.... I do not have the other space station plastic that you mentioned, bummer....great game though, our new favorite....Cheers.

1 month later
#2547 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Not sure how hard it may be to swap just the shaft, but I am pretty sure the same motor is used for multiple games. Marcos has it for as cheap as $31. I ordered one but haven't gotten to that part of my restore, so I haven't found out if it was a bad decision yet. At the time I didn't think to check ebay. My problem is similar, sometimes works well, other times misaligned. Moves the correct direction.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=14-7941-2

Its simple to change out just the shaft, Just hold the housing in a vice, not to tightly and use a square ended set of pliers to gently pull back the holding tabs and pull the mounting plate away and change the shaft, took me less than ten minutes. You can do it.

2 months later
#2607 5 years ago

Pinball brother, quite a bit of PF wear considering they came with factory mylar,maybe check with CPR to see if they are willing to do a run of them for a reasonable cost...not sure who is doing an upper PF but just a thought ...keep us in the loop.

3 months later
#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

a few of the lights in the playfield aren't working, and it's
not the individual lamps—swapping lamps that I know DO work,
along
with their little circular black seats, into those locations
still
didn't get a light to turn on. the circuit board making these
connections seems to be fine...is there a way to diagnose
where the
problem is?</blockquote

You could take the light board out and reflow the pins and
traces thats a good place to start on an older pin like this,
I
also had a bad diode that I had to replace.Just a thought to
eliminate things.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

— a few of the lights in the playfield aren't working, and it's not the individual lamps—swapping lamps that I know DO work, along with their little circular black seats, into those locations still didn't get a light to turn on. the circuit board making these connections seems to be fine...is there a way to diagnose where the problem is?

Try reflowing the header pins and traces,I had a diode that needed to be replaced easy to check

1 month later
#2823 4 years ago

No that's not it ,mine are empty as well and my game works fine.You will find the sound roms on the cpu board ,there are 2 different ones.

20190618_103953 (resized).jpg20190618_103953 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from MrAztec:

Anyone had this problem and solved it? [quoted image]

remove the target and gently grind off the back on both sides did this and it works puuurfect....lol

#3324 3 years ago

It was covered in this forum awhile back and this is the consensus. Does not hurt the strength of the target.

2 months later
#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I have a problem with the drop target to the right ramp: sometimes the ball, coming slowly from the left of the drop target and slightly above it, manages to move behind the drop target, actually above it. Basically, between the ramp and the drop target there is enough space for a ball to pass through. But on the top
right side of the drop target there is not enough space (from the ramp) for the ball to keep moving to the right and get "free", so it gets stucked there. Little nudges do not help. So I have to quit the game and remove the glass.
What do you suggest in order to fix this problem?

further back in this thread there are several suggestions, I removed the target and gently ground down the back so the ball flows freely. Problem solved .

1 year later
#3824 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Bummer, looks like they’re OOS. Also, does it work with sys11? Says sys3-7 on it?

I put it on my ss and it worked fine ,no issues, just make sure to plug it in correctly.

10 months later
#4072 3 months ago

I watched "2001 a space odyssey" the other night for the first time in probably 40 years. Close to the end of the movie when David is caught up in the kaleidoscope of color and the black obelisk is rotating around, it hit me that this movie was, in part, some of the inspiration for the art work. The space station is basically the same and there is a black obelisk on the upper playfield just under the rotating station....cool.

3 months later
#4174 19 days ago
Quoted from Steve_Hatfield:

Hello. I am not sure if I am posting here in the right place.... My Stop and Score drop target in front of the ramp keeps popping up when it should stay down. She then says 'Bay doors are open' each time it resets. I'm sure it should stay down until you shoot the ramp. But like I say once you hit it down it just keeps popping up and down all the time. Not sure what to look at. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Check that the drop target is catching on the stop. The target has a ridge that catches on a stop that prevents it from coming up until released, might be out of alignment or worn.

#4180 18 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well...you know back in the day games were about points, not ...um...'points'. That's exactly what it is, a timed extra ball to rack up additional points.

I have used it to get get enough points for extra ball and it gives it to you after bonus time is done so there's that too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mymalibu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.