20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 9 years ago

So... Recently made a new clear ramp for High Speed that has been pretty well received. Have decided I want to do another one and have picked Space Station (right ramp) since they are simply unavailable. Just spoke with a friend that has agreed to loan me his game so that I can get started on it. Will keep all posted as I go.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Looks like the ramp for Space Station will be reproduced by Twisted Pins. Good luck with your repair.

If Twisted Pins is doing a repro, then I'll skip the black ones and just do clear and colors.

#191 9 years ago

I do this only for you, Paul...

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

it's such a coincidence that I have gotten a High Speed and a Space Station within the last 3 months, and Freeplay40's doing all these amazing ramps that haven't been pursued in a long time, kudos Mark!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, Mark is quite the craftsman. We are lucky to have him in our hobby.

Thanks, guys!

1 month later
#202 9 years ago

First 3 clear ramps formed....Probably get at least 8-10 formed tonight...

IMG_0527.JPGIMG_0527.JPG IMG_0528.JPGIMG_0528.JPG
1 week later
#220 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Hey guys, I added a couple of astronaut figures and a Discovery Space Shuttle to my Space Station. I moved the flasher from where the shuttle is sitting to inside the shuttle. I think it turned out pretty nice. What do you guys think?

» YouTube video

SS mods 2.JPG 160 KB

SS mods 1.JPG 254 KB

SS mods 3.JPG 180 KB

SS mods 4.JPG 214 KB

That Astronaut will look great next to that transparent blue ramp I have waiting for you....

1 month later
4 months later
#407 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I can look into building the molds for the upper PF, i own a tooling shop and that's What we do. been building molds for 35 years. I've built several molds for PPB and have some other reproduction parts in the works. I have a Space Station pin, great pin that everyone tries to buy from me. My upper PF has a crack but plays fine.
Met Rick and started taking on some projects for work and love of the hobby.
Looks like a fairly easy part to make, seems a little thin to me. i have access to any original drawings.

pm sent...

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It would be great if you matched the BLUE that Freeplay40 used in his right ramp in Space Station.
-mof

Acrylic 2424

#416 9 years ago

Had a nice conversation with pinball-pimp today about the upper left injection molded playfield and.... I also mentioned there was interest in a transparent Space Station diverter which is also injected molded. He seemed pretty interested so let's all cross our fingers!

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok that just got creepy, guess I've been staring into "space" a little too much

LOL!!! It's OK...I feel the same way about High Speed.

2 months later
#471 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I paid $210 for mine, it had the glass off for years in a kids party room... 125 hours and about $500 later...
Did I mention that the cabinet was painted green? The whole thing!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Uh, nice ramp!

BTW, I'm working on another set of ramps for SOF and was asked to see a photo of a clear PETG painted black on the underside. I think this is a great alternative to the typical black ABS ramps. I happened to have a few clear Space Station ramps left so I painted one with Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. For comparison, I have on loan a new repro Space Shuttle black ABS ramp. The repro is made out of thicker ABS in hopes of prolonging life. However, thicker is not always better and can cause fitting issues. Anyway, this is just a demonstration of another alternative to black ABS ramps. The photos below are of a rough cut Space Station clear PETG ramp painted on the underside and the new repro Space Shuttle ramp. The painted ramp is very black and very shiny!...and very durable.

IMG_0714.JPGIMG_0714.JPG IMG_0715.JPGIMG_0715.JPG
#475 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That black painted ramp looks great but I have a question Mark, do you think the black painted ramp could be flame polished if needed?

Good question. In another thread it was debated whether or not that PETG could be flame polished. Published on the internet say it can be, however, I have yet to be successful trying. Given that the paint is readily available, if you had it out for flame polishing I guess you could give the painted side a little refresh too.

2 weeks later
#548 8 years ago

I did hear back from the guy that wants to do them. There is still hope. He is trying to secure the original drawings and if unable he may just reverse engineer them. Keep the faith!

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Disheartened......in removing the backglass, it caught on the lock (sys 11 side locks are evil...).
So I am now no longer a broken glass virgin . Most of it cleaned up, no translate damage. Good thing is I hadn't torn down the pf to do plastics, posts and rubbers yet, plus part one off my topper is shipping. Just the feeling when you see all the 'little diamonds' disappear into the playfield....
A few more parts and should be able to start this....

Real bummer. I have yet to shatter a back glass and have only lost one playfield glass. Glass shop should be able to fix you up.

3 weeks later
#567 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My Space Station will be in the Pinvasion2 tournament at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo (SFGE)

I did the NW Pinball show this last weekend. Great show! There were two Space Stations at the show and I was pleased to see my blue ramp in both of them!

5 months later
#707 8 years ago

I'm still producing these! Have three blue "plug and plays" boxed ready to go at the moment.
IMG_0541.JPGIMG_0541.JPG

2 weeks later
#735 8 years ago

Well, I hope he doesn't mind me dropping his Pinside name here.....but the best bet to get a new mini playfield for Space Station is this guy...

Pin-Pimp

He can do it and I know he would like to do it, but probably like most of us...just always a lot on the table.

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But I'd need it plug-n-play.

I didn't really pay much attention to that mini playfield when I had the game here. I'm assuming it needs parts swapped and riveting?

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

HA....I knew that would draw you out Mark. You have his ear so see if he's still interested. But I'd need it plug-n-play.

OK...I sent him a message. Keep your fingers crossed!

#742 8 years ago

Did hear back on the mini playfield. He is still interested in doing this one however his shop is very busy right now (Winter is his busiest time). This ramp is pretty technical and he needs the original plans from Planetary to make the injection mold. So although on his back burner at this time, there is still hope!

3 months later
#1022 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

incorrect ....... freeplay 40 was asked about doing these but it is a complicated piece & I believe he said they need the original drawings or whatever of it from PPS

The upper ramp in Space station is not a vacuum formed piece. It is an injection molded piece. The guy that actually reproduced the Taxi Spinout ramps (Uh, not Twisted Pins...they just sold them) which were also injection molded piece, had expressed interest in doing it but I have not heard from him in a while.

9 months later
#1387 7 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Is it a member on here? If so do you know their screenname?

Pinsider Bpull. He did a vacuum form for the space station and recently was working on a 3D print for the space station diverter...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacuum-formed-my-own-space-station/page/3#post-3439578

2 months later
#1583 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Ok fine, I'll paint the whites

You'll be glad you did!

9 months later
#1939 6 years ago

New toys shipping to some of you tomorrow!

IMG_1321 (resized).JPGIMG_1321 (resized).JPG

IMG_1322 (resized).JPGIMG_1322 (resized).JPG

IMG_1323 (resized).JPGIMG_1323 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2099 6 years ago

I use this stuff to glue and repair plastics. Basically for acrylic but works on most plastics. It is very thick (thicker than syrup) and dries clear strong and fast....like don't leave the cap off the tube fast. It can be found at most plastic stores and some hardware stores.

https://www.amazon.com/SCIGRIP-10315-Acrylic-Cement-Low-VOC/dp/B003HNFLMY/ref=sr_1_1

#2106 6 years ago

I have mentioned this piece to Rick at Planetary. Believe he is on the lookout for this mold and feel that if he did find it he would reproduce them. I'll reach out to him again.

2 weeks later
1 year later
#2697 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Would be awesome to see a clear blue set to match the upper playfield

I couldn't agree more. Blue or clear, with LED lighting would be awesome. Personally, I'd say anything but black.

1 year later
#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Why did you sell the first time and why did you rejoin the club?
I ask because I am thinking about joining... looks fun but not a ton going on in this game. Am I wrong?

It just happens...I'm on my third EATPM and won't sell again!

3 months later
#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

dont pin me down for a release date but i did get the original blueprints for the upper play field from PPS. we have already got the part into CAD 3D using the prints and the upper PF from my game. pretty sure Rick has the films for the decals. the plan is to build a new injection mold for it

This is incredible news! So many people want this piece!

3 weeks later
#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

so we have the green light from PPS to poceed on new tooling for the upper space station PF!

Awesome news, Kevin!!!

1 month later
#3164 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Update on the mold cavity [quoted image]

Impressive! So glad you took this on.

5 months later
#3358 2 years ago

The upper playfield on Space Station is an injection molded piece. pin-pimp here on Pinside is the guy that got those made for Planetary Pinball. I asked him about these about a month ago and he replied that more will be made. Said the injection molding company was just back logged.

4 months later
6 months later
#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Reason I ask is that a couple of these guide bars are pushed down a little farther than they should be. Mostly around the USA rollover targets at the top of the game. They aren't so far down that the ball would ever get hung up or hit a light bulb. Just want to pull them back up a little bit and wasn't sure what I needed to do to be able to do that?

Those are just press fit into the playfield. To remove or in your case, raise, just put something flat to protect the playfield and pry them up.

1 year later
#3971 6 months ago
Quoted from justler:

Anyone have a scan of the 1 2 3 sticker on the upper playfield as well as the sticker that's on top of that? Someone printed mine on a crap printer and it looks terrible and faded... was hoping to have a local place print a sticker.

You might check with Planetary Pinball. He sells a new upper mini playfield that includes those decals. Not sure if he sells them separately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.