20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

Does anyone think it's a dumb idea to have the toy Space Station chromed? Just and idea I had. The cost to have my R2D2 head done is only $25 so I'm thinking the station would be about $40. All comments welcome.

If you do that then you can't do this...
Here is a teaser picture. I should have it done in a couple of more days.
There are 18 LEDs in the circumference and a red flashing LED in the center.
I'll post as a new forum topic.

Space_station_lit_up.jpgSpace_station_lit_up.jpg

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

I like the lit Space Station. Cool!
And as far as pinball pro sub, you'll have to mount it directly to the bottom, and get rid of the adapter. That is what I did on mine.

Can you explain more? I don't understand by what you mean with "pinball pro sub" and the "adapter"?

#45 10 years ago

Yes vectordreams posted the new link.

I'm real happy with it. I've probably played over 100 games with no issues.

From a players view which didn't show in the pictures is that the LEDs reflect off of the copper pc board and the Space Station looks like it has perimeter lighting. A little hard to explain. You can see each LED in the reflection. I think this adds to the effect which I wasn't expecting.

The wiper contacts haven't failed once yet. One good thing is that the rotation is in just one direction and it is not turning constantly.

#46 10 years ago

Regarding lighting the miniature space station, here is a picture where I tried to adjust the exposure to show the LED reflection off of the copper surface.Pic with exposure adjusted.jpgPic with exposure adjusted.jpg

1 week later
#52 10 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

When i go into audits to change to free play the selector switch does not work. As well as not working any other time. Suggestions on this would be greatly apprieciated since i do not know where to start on the selector switch. I am getting a blinking light for the diagnostic led on the cpu board in head unit wondering what this means.

Do you have a test lead with alligator clips? I would clip one end to the green wire terminal on the switch and tap the pair of white wires terminal with the other end of the alligator clip to see if that advances. If this works then you most likely have a bad switch. The green wire is on the very bottom of one side of the switch and the pair of white wires are just above it. Check that the white wires and the green wire are not shorted together.

If you have a meter, you could check the terminals on the other side of the switch. If they check good, you could move the wires to the other side of the switch.

2 weeks later
#56 10 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

cool will give that a try tonight hopefully. will report back progress. hope it is a bad switch

What was the verdict?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Is there a way to go to this chaser mode? Have read about this and researched but have come up with nothing.
Would it be as easy as a rom change or would there need to be some wiring work?

You can read about this near the end of this thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-relay-wiring-information-needed

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Sorry about taking so long to get back about this issue. it seems that this switch is a reset button for high scores. And is working when i push it (when not in audits) it resets high score. From what i read in the operations man. it says that to get to free play the credit button needs to be pushed to select. i am hoping to check this tonight.

I was referring to the Advance switch.
There are three switches - Advance, Auto/Manual, High Score Reset

I thought you were having trouble getting to the Game Adjustment #23 to select Free Play.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I can get there and was trying to switch it. Tried flippers and credit switch and high score reset. Nothing seemed to work but i did not think to try start button. And remember this is my first pin and only got it last dec. So i am still a newbie. Please do not be too harsh on me

If you don't have a manual, here is a link to a pdf:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2261/Williams_1987_Space_Station_Operations_Manual_and_Test_Procedures.pdf

Enjoy....

3 weeks later
#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Fred558:

heni1977 said:

Has anyone had any other issues with these flashers other than bulbs burning out due to being wrong bulbs?

Mine are also not working. Reading this post I also ordered #1251 bulbs, but still not working.
Have test with multimeter as well.

Have the 2 red flashers ever worked?

At the top of the backboard there are 12 large flashers wired as 6 pairs. There are small GI bulbs in between each of the larger flasher bulbs. I believe the pair just to the right of center as you face the backboard are connected with the 2 red flashers that are the issue. Have you seen these backboard bulbs ever flash?

In my case, the wires to the red flashers were cut. All five bulbs were wired in series as GIs. They also removed three of the power resisters in the panel in the back of the cabinet under the play field. When I replaced the missing power resisters (the two yellow flashers on the right side of the playfield now worked), the pair of flashers at the top of the backboard glowed extremely bright continuously after you started a game. I had to remove the bulbs. After studying the schematic for the CPU board, I noticed one of the power transistors was replaced. When I tested the transistor, it was shorted. When I replaced the transistor with the correct one, the top flashers now worked. Then I hooked up the cut wires to the red flashers at the back of the playfield. And they now worked too. This was my case, yours may be different.

1 month later
#97 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Question: what should the end of the ball-save on the left outlane look like? I'm worried mine might have a malformed tip.

-mof

Here is a picture of mine that I extended out so that you could see the tip. It is chewed up a little. I will machine a new one from Delrin when it needs to be replaced.

Dennis

left.jpgleft.jpg

#98 10 years ago

You should also check out my strip lighting mod:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up-part-deux
I would like to know how to change the topic category from Tech:Generic to All:Mod

I also made a ramp protector for the right side out of stainless steel. I first made a cardboard template and copied it to SS.

Dennis

Ramp.jpgRamp.jpg

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

DennisAZ said:

I also made a ramp protector for the right side out of stainless steel. I first made a cardboard template and copied it to SS.

Hey! Where did you get a clear ramp?
Looks good BTW.................................

I have an older machine and the clear ramp came with it.

Dennis

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I was able to fix my ramp up pretty well, but I would buy a new one. I guess I'd prefer black. But I'd like to know more about the clear ramp. Is that some sort of prototype? Please post more pictures of it. Never saw a clear ramp before. I like collecting trivia about any game I own...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/spacestation/pics/pics.html

There are a few more pictures of my clear ramps in these two topics:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up

Dennis

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Neuweiler4:

I am in process of making the male mold to form them. I have the bulk there but I have to do some touch ups because of the damaged parts of mine that I have to fix on the mold.

If you have the capability to mold plastics, then I would be interested in a replacement 1-2-3 mini playfield.

Dennis

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ohhhh but attaching all those riviets. I've never done anything like that before. Just the one on the ramp makes me

On my machine, I see 5 rivets on the ramp and 6 rivets on the mini playfield. I would use counter sunk screws to replace the 6 rivets.

2 weeks later
#118 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

My right ramp is cracked. I've never done a ramp repair. Has anyone fortified theirs? I bought a $20 plastic kit from some moto-x shop a few months ago. It's time to give it a shot...

Any tips?

-mof

I made my own ramp protector. I made a cardboard template first and copied it to stainless steel.
This should be done before the ramp develops cracks.

Ramp.jpgRamp.jpg

Dennis

2 weeks later
#132 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I put 4-double spot lights on the game. Pic. #1 is before, pic. #2 is after. I'd like to put one more on for the area just before it goes under the Space Station diverter. I can play it in a completly dark room now.

Can you give a little more detail on how you did the lighting? I can play mine in a completely dark room too. Did you happen to catch my last mod

Dennis

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Question:

Has anyone tweaked their Upper Left Orbit shot into the saucer to work better?
Is there some rule that makes it not hold the ball until something is accomplished?
I feel like I have about a 2 in 5 chance of it sticking when I make the shot.

thanks!
-mof

I don't think anything needs to be accomplished for the hold. I would estimate that mine occurs about 90% of the time. When I was making some mods for the space station lighting, I found a small broken piece of plastic on top of the plunger. So I would check that area for any foreign material.

Dennis

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just color matched leds in inserts and green and white leds up top and 4-double spots, all from Pinballbulbs.

I like the look of yours. My green bulbs are quite dim. When looking to replace them with green LEDs, it seems to be quite a chore. The sockets/wires are all stapled in. They would also be hard to change from the top of the playfield.

Are your spots wired to the white GI? Do they turn off in "condition green"?

3 months later
#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

When I turn on SS it tells me to adjust
the
43 R. lock entry
46 plunger
63 left kicker
What do I need to do?
I could understand maybe the r lock entry, I leave everything unlocked
but the plunger?
and the left kicker?
Left kicker seems to be good

Go to page 30 and 31 of the instruction manual for the switch tests. Check the switch levels and Switch edges.
The manual gives a lot of information to narrow down the problems. It could be bad microswitches or some wiring shorts/opens, or something not working on the CPU board. I've had to replace several switches in the past.

The startup is saying that it detects something wrong with these three circuits.

Dennis

1 week later
#175 9 years ago

You might want to check out my part 3 of the LED modifications that I made to the space station.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-led-mod-part-3

I liked MustangPaul use of the purple spots. The closest that I could find were blue LED's since I wanted them high density with 120 LED/meter strips.

Dennis

2 months later
#225 9 years ago

Speaking of possible software bugs. Sometimes when I'm due an extra ball, the ball does not appear. The score increases by increments of 1000 about once every second. After some time, I give up and start a new game. Any one else have this issue or know of a solution? It does not happen very frequently and I can not generate it on demand.

Dennis

1 month later
#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Rec:

Thanks! Another pimping: I bought a pair of Blaupunkt speakers, which have blue coloured membranes. The speakers will be lit from behind. I made several tests with different bulbs and LEDs, but didn't find the perfect configuration yet

Here is what I did:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-controlled-speaker-led-lights

Dennis

3 weeks later
#294 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement part for the ball-save kicker. The plastic on mine is munched up -- and I'd like to find a replacement.
thanks!
-mof

I took a look at mine and the plastic tip was chewed up too. I have 1/4 in Delrin rod that I could make a new tip with. I took the mechanism apart but could not remove the plastic piece. I wasn't desperate enough to drill it out. There was enough left that I could file it smooth.

After putting it back, I have never seen it shoot the ball out so far!

See if you have enough left to file or sand it back to shape.

Dennis

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Anyone have the part # for the ball save armature/tip?

It is easy to remove the plunger. Two sheet metal screws holding the front cover plate. Push the cover plate toward the flippers. Then two screws holding the solenoid. You should be able to slide the plunger and spring out.

If there isn't enough plastic left to file or sand the tip, then you can drill out the plastic.

Marco sells Delrin rod:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-WPR14

You could cut off a small section and epoxy it in the plunger. Then file/sand the tip with a circular bevel.

3 weeks later
#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Maybe this was covered already, but has anyone come up with a better Space Station model? I've added the transparent blue ramp mod, which really livens up that upper right area, but the station model is really weak. Anyone find something cool as a replacement mod?

I have made 4 LED mods to the space station. This one may be of interest to you:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up

Dennis

1 month later
#345 9 years ago

I just added a 7 segment LED strip from cometpinball.com to just above the three drop targets. This made a big difference because that area is rather dark. I soldered it to one of the GI sockets under the playfield.

A question I have is: Did the original Space Station come with decals on the drop targets or were they just black? As you can see in my picture, one of mine has an orange sticker on it.

DropTarget1.jpgDropTarget1.jpg

DropTarget2.jpgDropTarget2.jpg

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Need more pics, hard to see how you did this.
thanks,
mof

Quoted from MustangPaul:

He just stuck it to the underside of the plastic.

Paul is correct. I was going to try attaching it without taking anything apart. But decide to take it apart anyway since the rubbers by the drop targets needed changing.

I cleaned the underside of the plastic with 99% isopropyl alcohol. The LED strip comes with adhesive. Just pull off the protective strip. I fed the wires through the hole where the flasher wires run. There is a GI bulb and socket next to the hole. I soldered the LED wires to the GI socket under the playfield. So the LED light turns on and off with the GI lighting.

Quoted from RCA1:

Came with decals showing a Space Shuttle:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-31-1437
I agree with mof though, the reflective orange looks great with the additional light on it. The original layout is very dark there. Nice work!

I'm thinking maybe reflective (red - white - blue) might be neat. I'm also thinking something reflective on top of the drop target would work too.

Dennis

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Chrome mylar would be nice or some prism tape.

OK, Paul. I went to Target and bought a roll of Duck brand Prism tape. It is very thin which is great. It appears to be mylar based so it should work good. Here are a few pictures. I had some plastic tape in red, white, and blue. I put this on top of the drop targets.

DropTargetDOWN.jpgDropTargetDOWN.jpg

DropTargetUP1.jpgDropTargetUP1.jpg

DropTargetUP2.jpgDropTargetUP2.jpg

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that does look nice. But for the love of god man take a toothbrush and clean the wax off the star posts. That one is driving me crazy.

One last picture. I replaced the top red-white-blue tape with reflective R-W-B stickers. I left the prism tape on the sides. Also added the white reflective sticker to the top of the bay door drop target.

R-W-B-1.jpgR-W-B-1.jpg

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes that does look better. No pop cap rings yet? I went with red with white bottoms, the pf and the ball are lit up really nicely now. I love your ramp lighting, I have a couple blue strips coming but I like how you leds are small and close together.

I bought some pop cap rings but decided to use them in the speaker cavities (sound controlled) instead:

I am using these LEDs in my pop bumpers:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Raiders:

I have a Space Station and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the upper playfield or the decals for the upper playfield? I just did a playfield swap with a clear coated one and put all new plastics. My upper playfield is the only thing that needs replaced with something in better shape. Also I have a slight hum and thumping noise coming out of the back box speakers. Any one have this issue or know what a possible cause could be? Thanks again

IMG_0715.JPG 261 KB

I was looking for a replacement upper 1-2-3 miniplayfield too. It took about a year. Finally found one here on pinside. I need to give Jason (coz6) a big thanks....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-playfield-and-plastics

Dennis

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can't do vid. It just chases bottom to top.

Neat! Now you need to wire it to the "bay door" drop target so it turns on only when the bay door is open.

Dennis

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry but I deleted the item a few days ago. Just search "knight rider led strip" on ebay, all kinds of strips will pop up.

Does it chase back and forth or just in one direction? What is the total strip length? Can the strip be cut shorter and still work correctly? Is yours made for 12 volts? I wonder if two were attached in parallel, would they chase in sync.

Looks like this one on Amazon is similar to yours for $8 and it does say that it flows in one direction.
http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Scanner-Lighting-Interior-Decoration/dp/B00H9OQ0XQ/ref=lh_ni_t

If I can find the right ones, I may replace the blue ones on my machine.

Dennis

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That one on Amazon does not look like mine. Only in one direction, 12 inches. Can't remember if it can be cut, yes 12v. Don't know if they would chase in sync. Did you search ebay yet? They have all kinds.

ebay was overwelming trying to find it. Here is a video of the one on Amazon:

#391 9 years ago

Thanks Paul, I didn't know the chasing LEDs existed. Here is what mine now looks like:

Dennis

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that looks SUPER with 2 of them on there. How did ya get them to start at dif. times, just the nature of the beast? Now if I could only get my 3 orange flashers on the backboard to work.

I bought the ones I found on Amazon. When they first turn on they are in sync. After a minute or so they get out of sync. They look good either way. How did you attach yours? I used clear RTV sealant. Takes about 6 hours to set and 24 to fully cure. I did three spots, the ends and the middle with a glop of RTV. I cleaned off the old RTV with isopropanol and my finger nails.

3 weeks later
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

sure hope i can still get the blue ramp thats out there and illuminate my station like Dennis'

I recently got a clear ramp from Mark, "Freeplay40". He did a great job. My plan is to build a couple of brackets to hold the chasing LEDs rather than use adhesive. They will attach to the mounting posts that hold the ramp.

Dennis

1 week later
#442 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

The only error I got when machine turned on is 37 adjust roll under top left. When you shoot the ball under this what is supposed to happen during a game. This is the chute that brings the ball up to the USA rollovers. Any specific Noise/lights? Nothing seems to happen but now the error code is gone on start up? It is very hard switch to troubleshoot and work on being so far up the playfield.

Also, when do the bank of 3 knock down AUX targets reset? When you start a new game? During game play in specific mode? Mine do not seem to reset at start of a game, or really any specific time actually. Sort of random. Hoping something easy to fix but nice to know what is normal operation.

First, do you have a manual? If not you can download one from here:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2261/Williams_1987_Space_Station_Operations_Manual_and_Test_Procedures.pdf

1) After the ball gets to the left ball popper, it will dock either to the left or right depending on the diverter (item 30). See page 55 item 22, 23 & 30.

2) The 3 drop targets should reset at the beginning of the game and after each "new ball", and after all three have been knocked down. After the three have been knocked down, the point multiplier is increased from 1X through 7X.

1 week later
#452 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Also discovered several cooked-looking TIP122 transistors on the CPU board ....scary! Cannot believe it has not burst into flames.

I replaced one of the TIP122 transistors on my CPU board. If you look on page 65 of the manual you will see a note at the bottom of the page regarding the TIP122. It says "special selected TIP 122 for Williams, (P/N 5162-09410-00)". The one I replaced was replaced prior with a non special. Maybe that is why it blew again. It controlled some of the flashers. Caution, the CPU board is double sided. Cut the leads off the transistor head first then desolder the three leads individually. I like to use desolder braid. Also check the associated 2N4401. Mine was OK.

I got mine from Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/TIP122

2 months later
#558 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man i love my SpaceStation but does it ever need a Station mod and get rid of that horseshit plastic piece. I'm going to paint mine up a little.

My Space Station mod has been working far beyond my expectation:

I'm also happy with my other SS mods too....

Dennis

6 months later
#748 8 years ago

I was lucky to find a used 1-2-3 mini-playfield here on pinside about a year ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-playfield-and-plastics

After a little polishing:

mini playfield.jpgmini playfield.jpg

1 month later
#815 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

jay said:

Is dim GI just a normal Space Station thing

Hard to judge degree without seeing it; but yes, Space Station is pretty dark. Only game I've seriously thought about adding lights to the playfield.

This was my solution to the dark playfield:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up-part-deux

Dennis

#817 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

DennisAZ said:

This was my solution to the dark playfield:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up-part-deux
Dennis

and it looks dang fine to Dennis. How is it holding up?

All 4 LED mods have been working fine without any issues.
1 Miniature space station lit up
2 Side rail lighting switching from white to condition green
3 Ramp with blue chasing LED triggered by drop target
4 Sound controlled speaker lights

Note: all of these mods can be controlled with dimmers for your individual likes.

And as you and I have said in the past, pictures of the mods don't do it justice....

1 month later
#962 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that's because Danesi is awesome. We had talked about adding an LED to the top, but because the motor is continuous (IE doesn't turn, then turn back), it would have to have some sort of spinning connector like a phone detangler:

Here is an old link to my lighting up the space station:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-space-station-lit-up#post-1266354

After 2 years it is still working great....

Dennis

#966 8 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Can someone tell me, what gaps between the station diverter and right ramp should be?

I did add some small rubber "dots" to the diverter so the ball would roll out of the diverter easier.
These dots are peal and stick 5/16in diameter and 1/16in thick bumpers left over from Ikea projects.
Here are my pictures of the four positions:

ramp_gap_(resized).jpgramp_gap_(resized).jpg

exit_right_lock_(resized).jpgexit_right_lock_(resized).jpg

back_entrance_(resized).jpgback_entrance_(resized).jpg

exit_left_lock_(resized).jpgexit_left_lock_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

DennisAZ said:

Thanks Paul, I didn't know the chasing LEDs existed. Here is what mine now looks like:
» YouTube video
Dennis

What did you wire this too?

Sorry for the response delay. Been out of town without internet.

Check out my mod link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-led-mod-part-3

I switched out the LED to the chasing LED. They are on only when the drop target is down ("Bay Doors Are Open")

They are wired to the 12 volt DC power supply in the lower right corner of the back box.
I can post a picture in a few days when we get home. If that would help.

Dennis

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

What did you wire this too?

Sorry for the response delay. Been out of town without internet.

Check out my mod link:

I switched out the LED to the chasing LED. They are on only when the drop target is down ("Bay Doors Are Open")

They are wired to the 12 volt DC power supply in the lower right corner of the back box.
I can post a picture in a few days when we get home. If that would help.

This is where I got to the 12 V DC power supply. I used alligator clip leads to attach to the bridge rectifier with an inline fuse. The dimmer controls the brightness of the LED mods. The relay switches the aux strip lighting between GI white and green modes.

Dimmer_Relay_(resized).jpgDimmer_Relay_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Its an improvement for sure. But far from impressive.

As I mentioned, I personally dont like mods. Unless impressive.

Not sure what you consider impressive. Here are links to some of my mods:

Changed the ramp LEDs to:

Dennis

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from Luppin:

wow, can you post some pics?

They are posted somewhere on past pages, just scroll through the back pages for the pictures..

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Just search by poster "MustangPaul"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tq&tu=mustangpaul

11 months later
#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Marco is currently sold out, anyone have suggestions on where to get them? Or is there something else I should try first?

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

SY11-RB1-A
System 11 24V Solenoid and GI Relay Board
Pricing: $25.00 + S/H
Cross-Reference
OEM P/N #C-11998
PCB #5768-12243-00

4 weeks later
#1794 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I used a picture and free handed a decal to fix the ramp. What do you guys think? I'm going to Mylar the top. Adhesive is on the back

Looks good. Pinside would not let me respond to your PM because I'm not verified!

"I removed the 1-2-3 decals from my old playfield. They were not in very good shape to begin with.
I scanned it and the image would need to be repaired with photoshop. I can email the image to you if you are interested?

After you repair it, you could print it on mylar and glue it to your playfield.

I live in Ahwatukee, BTW. I would need your email address other than pinside to attach the scanned image."

Dennis

3 months later
#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I have seen the Space Station mods out there (actual space station on the left side or an astronaut) and wondering where I could find these mods or other ideas out there. Was able to fix a few issues that I was having the other week and enjoyed figuring it out and want to try to learn some more stuff.

Any suggestions?

Check out my post #1276
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/26#post-3343874

Dennis

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Does anyone have any guidance, suggestions, or ideas?

When mine did that, it was due to the metal guide at the back of the right flipper. It was preventing the flipper from operating correctly. I just had to move the guide slightly away and tighten it down. I would check that first.

Dennis

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Unfortunately, I am not exactly sure what you are referring to when you say the "metal guide" but inside the cabinet, the switch the touches the flipper button is tight and makes contact. But i will keep looking at it and see if there is an easy fix before i really get into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

This is on top of the playfield. There is a metal guide that the ball strikes near the right flipper. My guide was slightly loose and touching the backend of the flipper. You need some clearance around the back of the flipper.

2 months later
#2287 6 years ago
Quoted from redrockrider:

Has anyone had the Space Station with the following symptoms:
Everything is working great, you have an extra ball light lit up and you are real close to reaching a score where you will be awarded an extra ball ( we have high scores rewarding extra ball instead of credit) then you loose your ball. The game goes into add score mode and in the process the points you needed to receive the extra ball award are awarded.... everything lights up to let you know that you made it to this point level and wham... the game goes into a creeping point addition mode, so slow that we mostly hit the power switch and start over. I have pretty well gone from the first page to the last of repairing Williams System 11 and have yet to figure what might be going on and it only happens after the ball drains as mentioned.

I've had the "creeping point addition mode" happen too. Never could figure it out. I just turn the machine off and start over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=dennisaz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.