20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheNoTrashCougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#622 8 years ago

Pm me if you would like one of these. I can print more. ☺

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

My translite is pretty nice, I might be willing to do a scan, but those 6 cutouts look tricky

I would be willing to cut them by hand on my new reproduction.

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I've got about 3.5 hours in on it, those scan lines! Oye vey, scratches are coming out great, but those scan lines

I definitely appreciate your time.

2 months later
1 week later
#807 8 years ago

I used PBL 1 SMD frosted green LEDs in mine and they are awesome. It really surprises people when they get condition green.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3211

#808 8 years ago

Also, my GI was dim when I first got my game. I would measure the voltage at the socket and if it is below 6v, trace back the voltage all the way to the transformer. I had a fatigued plug on my transformer that was limiting the 6.3vac down to about 4. This is of course after I rebuilt my power supply, repinned GI connectors etc....

1 week later
#827 8 years ago

Did you check the solder joints on the optos? I know I had an issue with that along with 1 of my opto pairs missing completely. I would reflow the solder on the optos, or potentially replace them.
--Scott

#828 8 years ago

Aldo check for other cold solder joints while you have that board out of there. These guys are about 30 years old!

1 week later
#842 8 years ago

WOW, I remember when you were making that machine! Sad to see that you had to sell it.

Also, looks like that motor that Marco has for Space Station is $69. whew, that's a lot of dough...

1 week later
#888 8 years ago

I used PBL 1 SMD LEDs in mine and they work great. That is what I would recommend,but I may be biased.

#892 8 years ago

Can you measure the relaunch when lit insert and shoot me a note to [email protected]? I may have these in stock, but not currently on the site.

Also, most modern pinball LEDs have anti-flicker logic which eliminated the polarity issue. These LEDs will work no matter which way they are hooked up.

Thanks,
--Scott

2 months later
#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I see 2 space stations popped up for sale today in the market, what happen? did someone announce a remake?
Brian

Yeah, you didn't hear? Looks like Day One Pinball is ramping up.

2 months later
4 weeks later
#1235 7 years ago

I put a mixture of PBL cool white and warm white LEDs in my backbox. The frosted 1smd LEDs are the best.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3212

Thanks,
--Scott

3 weeks later
#1274 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

mmn.. still lame...
Would be great some serious work like BSD Coffin Mod by Pinball_Customs..
I think this great machine deserve some proper treatment for its main toy!!

No, you are lame! haha jk

3 months later
#1430 7 years ago

Really not worth replacing the flipper mechs with WPC versions. There is nothing wrong with the spring setup on System 11 machines. Unless you just want to do it to make yourself happy, I would not recommend it.
--Scott

#1434 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It's hijack Tuesday in this thread.

Performance -- and it's subtle, not everyone will be looking for it. I will.
My favorite reason to switch spring types is to improve performance.
When I'm serious about my game, I always want to get my flipper to "resting position" asap during a slap save attempt. I want as many flips as possible. It's far more responsive with a tight spring pulling, than with a loose old spring pushing.
If changing springs means I can get in in 3 flips instead of 2 as the ball goes nearly SDTM, I'll pay any price to get that extra flip. Not everyone cares about performance the same way.
-mof

All good. Figured I would throw out my opinion as I have used all these styles of assemblies in numerous games of mine. I did choose to use WPC flipper assemblies with the extension spring for my custom game because it was cheapest. I have all of my System 11 games including Space Station set up with stock configurations and notice no difference between these and the WPC ones. This could also be because they are freshly rebuilt and clean. So to me, it is not worth the money to swap them out witht he WPC configuration. This is just an opinion though, so feel free to disagree.
--Scott

1 year later
#2594 5 years ago

I put these up on the PBL website if anyone wants one. Comes with USA or USSR written on it. haha

https://www.pinballlife.com/3d-space-station.html

--Scott

#2596 5 years ago

What is that made of? Looks like papercraft or something. It is a really well done and painted model.
--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheNoTrashCougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=TheNoTrashCougar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.